Got a bible? Grab it and look at this.

Implicator

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 06:31 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Implicator wrote:

So would you refer to yourself as an unbeliever in god(s), as opposed to a disbeliever? (I am guessing that as an agnostic you not only claim to lack knowledge "one way or the other", but you even claim to lack belief).

I do not like the word "believe"...mostly because it seems to have different meanings to different people...and I never use it to describe anything about how I feel, think, opine, suppose, guess, suggest, or the lot. I'm not sure what "unbeliever" or "disbeliever" mean either.

I've give[n] a fairly concise statement of my agnosticism.

Yes, you have - yet I am a bit confused as to your hesitancy to use the term "belief" while describing yourself. Belief is a rather straightforward thing, I think. I suspect you already know the common meaning of the word - if not, it is readily available in the dictionary. And although you may not choose to use the word "belief" while describing your "thinking, opining, etc., you shouldn't be surprised when other people choose to do so.

The word "belief" has a fairly clear definition, and so any person (including myself) can and probably will take your particular "concise statement of agnosticism", and interpret it to mean that you are one who lacks a belief in the existence of any gods.

Think of it this way. I can ask you "Frank, do you believe that any gods exist?" You could answer "yes", which it seems fairly clear you wouldn't do, based on your description of your agnosticism. Or, you could answer "no", which would be what I would have expected you to say, based on your description of yourself. Those are really the only two answers to the specific question I ask, unless you want to argue that it is a category error to ask you about your belief about gods in the first place.

Your concise statement of agnosticism logically translates to an answer of "no" to my specific question of "do you believe that any gods exists?" Even if you say that you "hold no beliefs about the existence of any gods" (which is what it seems you are trying to say), this logically translates to an answer of "no" to my question.

Although an answer of "yes" to the question "is it true you do not believe any gods exist" may be inadequate, as it seems you want to say more than just that, it is still a truthful answer to the question.

I am not spending so much time on this single point because I want you to use the word "belief" when talking about the existence of gods - I can logically conclude that you are, in essence, claiming to not have any belief. Rather, I want you to understand I will probably use the term unbeliever or unbelief while referring to you - and here is why.

Unbelief - a lack of belief in something (e.g. "I do not believe there are any gods" and possibly even "I also do not believe there are NOT any gods").

Disbelief - a belief in a lack of something (e.g. "I believe there are no gods").

The fact that you do not claim to have a belief about the existence of gods would indicate that you are an unbeliever (a lack of belief in gods), as opposed to a disbeliever (one believing that no gods exist).

With that said, I am interested to see how you respond to my comments.

===

Quote:
In any case, I would NEVER refer to myself as an "unbeliever" or "disbeliever"...whatever those words mean. I think it would be better if I described what I am and feel...as opposed to labeling it...and possibly giving a wrong impression. That is, after all, why I explain my agnosticism...as opposed to simply calling myself an agnostic.

See above as to the definitions of these terms. And I really do appreciate your concise definition of agnosticism.

===

Quote:
In religious discussions, it is my opinion that the word "believe" is used to disguise the fact that the person is making a guess about the unknown.

I can hold to a belief in something completely on faith (with insufficient information) - you might possibly equate that to guessing, but even if that is the case, it doesn't change the fact that I have a belief in something. This is true whether the object in question is a god, or a piece of cheese.

In short, I can hold to a belief either as the result of a guess, or not. One does not preclude the other.

===

Quote:
I decline to make guesses for or against the existence of God or gods...for reasons I've already stated.

You said you have never seen evidence which was non-ambiguous enough to warrant a guess - is that what you are referring to?

===

Quote:
Quote:
I think we can move beyond this point, as you have sufficiently clarified your point for me. Also, I hope you forgive my propensity to wax Socratic, but I have another question for you, one that seems (at least to me) to be the logical next step.

You claim you have been presented evidence for the existence of a god, yet at the same time you state that such evidence has been insufficient to move you from unbelief to belief.

I never said anything of the sort....and short of being tortured or threatened with death, I doubt that I ever will say anything like that.

But it seems to me you have said this, although not using the concise wording I chose to use. Your position can accurately be described as one who is in a state of unbelief when it comes to the question of a God or gods, as I outlined above. You have also stated you have seen no evidence which is clear enough to get you to make a guess in either direction. Therefore, I see nothing inaccurate in my portrayal of what you are telling me. Even if I have chosen to use different terms, the terms still seem to be consistent with your stated position.

===

Quote:
Quote:
I wonder have you ever considered that there may be nothing wrong with the sufficiency of the evidence, but rather with how you evaluate ("process") it? Let me illuminate what I am trying to say.

I consider there to be three elements to reviewing evidence and reaching a conclusion. There may be more ways to slice this up - I happen to take the following approach. First, there is the evidence itself. Second, there is the person evaluating the evidence. Third, there is the process the person uses to evaluate the evidence - the glue that holds the first two elements together.

You have been presented with evidence for the existence of a god, yet you find it to be less than compelling. The conclusion you reach is based not only on the evidence, but also on the process you employ to evaluate that evidence. Do you feel it is possible that your process is wrong, which entails that the conclusions you come to based on the evidence may also be wrong?

Of course it is possible. Anything that is not impossible is possible.

Well since it is possible, and the question of the existence of any number of specific gods could potentially have a major impact on both your present and your future, I wonder if this feeling that it is possible your process could be wrong has ever turned into thoughtful consideration - "serious thought", if you will?

===

Quote:
That having been said, however...I have considered the evidence for the existence of God (and I have considered the evidence that there are no gods)...and I find that evidence to be pitifully short of being convincing.

I have no idea of why anyone else would consider the evidence available sufficient to guess that there is a God....or why anyone would consider it sufficient to guess there are no gods...

...but I do not.

Are you saying no person has ever tried to explain to you why they are convinced either way, or are you saying their explanations just don't cut it?

===

Quote:
Give me some idea of how you want to proceed with this line of discussion...and I will be happy to go further.

Well, I am really hoping to press the issue of "process" at this point, if you are willing to continue this.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:49 pm
Implicator wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Implicator wrote:

So would you refer to yourself as an unbeliever in god(s), as opposed to a disbeliever? (I am guessing that as an agnostic you not only claim to lack knowledge "one way or the other", but you even claim to lack belief).

I do not like the word "believe"...mostly because it seems to have different meanings to different people...and I never use it to describe anything about how I feel, think, opine, suppose, guess, suggest, or the lot. I'm not sure what "unbeliever" or "disbeliever" mean either.

I've give[n] a fairly concise statement of my agnosticism.

Yes, you have - yet I am a bit confused as to your hesitancy to use the term "belief" while describing yourself. Belief is a rather straightforward thing, I think.

I think you are wrong on that. In fact, making assumptions about the use of the word "believe" got me into lots of difficulties in debates in the past. I no longer use the word myself...and when someone else does...I ask for clarification.

Quote:
I suspect you already know the common meaning of the word - if not, it is readily available in the dictionary.

Don't head in this direction, Implicator. We've got a nice conversation going.

Quote:
And although you may not choose to use the word "belief" while describing your "thinking, opining, etc., you shouldn't be surprised when other people choose to do so.

Do whatever you (or other people) want to do. I'll handle the "believe" problem my way.

Quote:
The word "belief" has a fairly clear definition...

Not when used in these fora. For some "I believe..." ...means "I know..." For some, it means "I guess (or I suspect, I estimate, I think...) For some...it means something somewhere in between.

The last thing in the world it is...is "fairly clear."

Quote:
...and so any person (including myself) can and probably will take your particular "concise statement of agnosticism", and interpret it to mean that you are one who lacks a belief in the existence of any gods.

Well that would be silly...since my statement stands on its own. Why put it into other words.

Use the ones I used.

Quote:
Think of it this way. I can ask you "Frank, do you believe that any gods exist?" You could answer "yes", which it seems fairly clear you wouldn't do, based on your description of your agnosticism. Or, you could answer "no", which would be what I would have expected you to say, based on your description of yourself. Those are really the only two answers to the specific question I ask, unless you want to argue that it is a category error to ask you about your belief about gods in the first place.

I know that I do not KNOW if any gods exist...and I KNOW that I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which I would base a guess.

Use that. It is a perfectly clear statement...and really does not need any word revisions.

Quote:
Your concise statement of agnosticism logically translates to an answer of "no" to my specific question of "do you believe that any gods exists?" Even if you say that you "hold no beliefs about the existence of any gods" (which is what it seems you are trying to say), this logically translates to an answer of "no" to my question.

Use the words I used.

Quote:
Although an answer of "yes" to the question "is it true you do not believe any gods exist" may be inadequate, as it seems you want to say more than just that, it is still a truthful answer to the question.

It may be a truthful answer...but it not the answer I gave. Why not stick with the answer I gave. It is very, very specific.

Quote:
I am not spending so much time on this single point because I want you to use the word "belief" when talking about the existence of gods - I can logically conclude that you are, in essence, claiming to not have any belief. Rather, I want you to understand I will probably use the term unbeliever or unbelief while referring to you - and here is why.

Unbelief - a lack of belief in something (e.g. "I do not believe there are any gods" and possibly even "I also do not believe there are NOT any gods").

Disbelief - a belief in a lack of something (e.g. "I believe there are no gods").

The fact that you do not claim to have a belief about the existence of gods would indicate that you are an unbeliever (a lack of belief in gods), as opposed to a disbeliever (one believing that no gods exist).

With that said, I am interested to see how you respond to my comments.

Over in Abuzz...I wrote a very long essay entitled...The Two Faces of Atheism. It dealt in depth with the fact that some atheists describe their atheism by asserting that they do not "believe" in God...and some describe their atheism by assserting that they "believe there is no God." I discussed that very thoroughly.

They certainly are different cups of tea. (I may have submitted a similar essay here in A2K...I'll try to find it if it is here.)

The former essentially is one to which I could subscribe...if I were willing to use the word "believe." The latter is, in my opinion, simply the reverse side of the theistic coin...a belief.

I want to stand by my agnosticism as I stated it.

If you have something to say about my agnostic position...please share it with me. I would love for you to do that. But really...I think you should stop trying to make me say something that simply does not describe what my philosophy is.

Quote:

Quote:
In religious discussions, it is my opinion that the word "believe" is used to disguise the fact that the person is making a guess about the unknown.

I can hold to a belief in something completely on faith (with insufficient information) - you might possibly equate that to guessing, but even if that is the case, it doesn't change the fact that I have a belief in something.

Well...I am not sure what you mean when you say "I have a belief in something."

Why don't you explain it to me using other words so I am certain of what you mean.

Quote:
This is true whether the object in question is a god, or a piece of cheese.

In short, I can hold to a belief either as the result of a guess, or not.

Really. Well...in the my quote...the one you cited...I said " In religious discussions[/b], it is my opinion that the word "believe" is used to disguise the fact that the person is making a guess about the unknown."

If you could give me an example of a "belief" that is not the result of a guess in that context...I'd like to hear it. We can discuss it.

Quote:
One does not preclude the other.

We'll see.

Quote:
Quote:
I decline to make guesses for or against the existence of God or gods...for reasons I've already stated.

You said you have never seen evidence which was non-ambiguous enough to warrant a guess - is that what you are referring to?

Actually, I said I do not see any unambiguous evidence upon which to base a guess in either direction.

That is the reason I decline to make a guess...although when pressed to make a guess...I have, on occasion, tossed a coin and based a guess on the result.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think we can move beyond this point, as you have sufficiently clarified your point for me. Also, I hope you forgive my propensity to wax Socratic, but I have another question for you, one that seems (at least to me) to be the logical next step.

You claim you have been presented evidence for the existence of a god, yet at the same time you state that such evidence has been insufficient to move you from unbelief to belief.

I never said anything of the sort....and short of being tortured or threatened with death, I doubt that I ever will say anything like that.

But it seems to me you have said this, although not using the concise wording I chose to use. Your position can accurately be described as one who is in a state of unbelief when it comes to the question of a God or gods, as I outlined above.

No...it cannot.

Quote:
You have also stated you have seen no evidence which is clear enough to get you to make a guess in either direction. Therefore, I see nothing inaccurate in my portrayal of what you are telling me. Even if I have chosen to use different terms, the terms still seem to be consistent with your stated position.

Well...it would be even more consistent if you simply use what I say...rather than your rewording of it. Don't you agree?

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I wonder have you ever considered that there may be nothing wrong with the sufficiency of the evidence, but rather with how you evaluate ("process") it? Let me illuminate what I am trying to say.

I consider there to be three elements to reviewing evidence and reaching a conclusion. There may be more ways to slice this up - I happen to take the following approach. First, there is the evidence itself. Second, there is the person evaluating the evidence. Third, there is the process the person uses to evaluate the evidence - the glue that holds the first two elements together.

You have been presented with evidence for the existence of a god, yet you find it to be less than compelling. The conclusion you reach is based not only on the evidence, but also on the process you employ to evaluate that evidence. Do you feel it is possible that your process is wrong, which entails that the conclusions you come to based on the evidence may also be wrong?

Of course it is possible. Anything that is not impossible is possible.

Well since it is possible, and the question of the existence of any number of specific gods could potentially have a major impact on both your present and your future, I wonder if this feeling that it is possible your process could be wrong has ever turned into thoughtful consideration - "serious thought", if you will?

I do not understand your question here at all. Please reframe it and I will respond.

Quote:

Quote:
That having been said, however...I have considered the evidence for the existence of God (and I have considered the evidence that there are no gods)...and I find that evidence to be pitifully short of being convincing.

I have no idea of why anyone else would consider the evidence available sufficient to guess that there is a God....or why anyone would consider it sufficient to guess there are no gods...

...but I do not.

Are you saying no person has ever tried to explain to you why they are convinced either way, or are you saying their explanations just don't cut it?

I'm saying that any evidence I've seen presented to me FOR the assertion "there is a God"...or FOR the assertion "there are no gods"...has fallen pitifully short of being convincing.

Quote:

Quote:
Give me some idea of how you want to proceed with this line of discussion...and I will be happy to go further.

Well, I am really hoping to press the issue of "process" at this point, if you are willing to continue this.

I am.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:52 pm
Implicator...

...one last thing.

We are going to end up talking past each other if we continue to do these long posts dealing with a half dozen different issues.

Why not pick out the one specific item you consider most important...and let's deal with that exclusively until we arrive at agreement...or until we decide we must agree to disagree.

I think that would make things more manageble.
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Well that would be silly...since my statement stands on its own. Why put it into other words.

Use the ones I used.

Well, that's funny, considering you yourself are fond of taking stand alone statements from the Bible and putting them into your own words.

For example, near the beginning of this thread...

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I am God...I am offended by many things you humans do. I can easily forgive you those things...(or simply stop being offended by so damn much)...but I will not do so until you first torture and kill my son.

Just what do you see about that passage that you find so edifying?

It is barbaric!

Putting a piece of scripture into your own words based on your own views. And don't give me any of that "independent, unbiased" crap, because if you had used half a brain when you took it upon yourself to "translate" the text, you would have realized that you were twisting around the meaning of it entirely.

First of all, when you said "I am God"...How is God declaring Himself in this passage? The gospel of John wasn't even written from God's point of view!

"I am offended by many things you humans do."-- Duh, considering He outlined rules for us through scripture and we blatantly didn't follow them. Of course He'd be offended, as much as you'd probably be erked a little if your own children kicked you in the gonads and spat in your face after you told them it was bedtime.

"(or simply stop being offended by so damn much)"-- Riiiight. It's God's responsibility to desensitize Himself and not be as strict, rather than for ignorant humans to realize their own mistakes and harmful actions and follow the rules. Puh-leeze. Again, this makes about as much sense as you letting your kids stay up late every night just because they'll kick you in the gonads and spit in your face if you tell them to go to bed.

"but I will not do so until you first torture and kill my son."-- Exactly. God basically sacrificed Himself, taking the burdens and the punishment of the sins of the ENTIRE WORLD- including you- to give everyone redemption. And all you have to do to claim that redemption? Accept Jesus as your Savior. Plain and simple-- no paperwork to file, no forms to fill out, and no lines to wait in.

Is it barbaric? Of course it is! But we were the ones to killed Jesus, not God. It was our sins that needed to be paid for, not His.

What's edifying about it is that God so loved us-- something you can't seem to fathom, which isn't exactly surprising, since you probably don't have enough "unambiguous evidence" to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that love actually exists-- that He gave of Himself to save us.

It's a reminder of what He did for us, and how grateful we should be. It's also one of the best examples in the Bible of the plan of salvation, making it an easy explanation in witnessing to others.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
Now whose god are we speaking of here? is your personal revelation more valid than it is for those who look at Brahma?
How about all those gospels that portray a different revelation entirely. Theyve been hidden from sight so as not to confuse all the faithful.
Ritual and process are nice, they give a sense of community and inclusion. Thyve been a good start for a morals code but not a necessity. My kids have always asked me why is there all this blood and guts in the cores of many Chriisian sects. For a loving god , he sure likes to see the gore.
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
Quote:
My kids have always asked me why is there all this blood and guts in the cores of many Chriisian sects. For a loving god , he sure likes to see the gore.

He's not the source of the gore-- the human race is. Like in the Crusades, Christians who murder in the name of Christ are no better than these "Muslims" nowadays that murder in the name of Mohammed. Look at what most of the Islam nation in the U.S. is trying to do-- break stereotypes brought on by terrorism, and get the word out that true Islam is a religion of peace.

God doesn't like seeing "the gore," but He's such a loving God that He gives us the freedom of choice and free will. But because it is human nature (thanks to Adam, the moron) to sin, the world tends to turn away from God and choose to destruction.

Just because I say I'm a tomato doesn't mean I'm a tomato-- just like if someone says they're a Christian it doesn't actually mean they're a Christian. One of the best ways that Satan has chipped away at the Christian institution is internally-- from civil wars, to introducing pagan traditions into the church (the worship of Mary, etc.), et. al. Those things didn't come about from some mysterious stranger in a trenchcoat that just showed up one day, they came about from those within.

Heck, Revelation is full of prophecy about more of that crap to come-- brother vs. brother, father vs. son. The church is the "Bride of Christ", and the Great Whore is the church that has sold itself for worldly riches. Which is why only the true members of Christ's Church will take part in the Rapture. Read about the Church at Laodicea (the church of our age), and how Jesus "spits them out of his mouth." In addition, there are going to be a multitude of "Christians" who follow the Anti-Christ because their faith is not well-grounded.

So don't judge Christianity just on the basis of some of its members-- just like I would hope you wouldn't judge Islam on the basis of terrorists, or even as far back in the conquests of Mohammed in the Middle East.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:02 pm
Rex,

are you saying that the Christianity you practice is correct and all other versions of Christianity are false and a false representation of Christianity?
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 01:39 pm
Quote:
are you saying that the Christianity you practice is correct and all other versions of Christianity are false and a false representation of Christianity?

No way! I've said it before and I'll say it again: It doesn't matter what "denomination" or anything you are. It's not that you're a "Baptist" or a "Nazarene"...it's that you're a Christian. If you truly love God with all your heart, mind, and soul, then that doesn't matter. It matters what is in your heart and that you know Jesus is your Savior.

What I'm saying is there are people in this world today that don't truly love God with all their heart, mind, and soul but still call themselves Christians to achieve their own goals, even if it means trampling on the Christian doctrine "they believe in" to do so. And that is a false representation of Christianity, yes. And that is one of the biggest catalysts in getting people to turn on Christianity these days.

Jesus warns about this in Matthew-- "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." (Ma. 23:12-13) And he goes on and on about it even further in the chapter. And then there's Revelation, like I mentioned earlier.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:03 pm
"but still call themselves Christians to achieve their own goals"

Isnt your goal "salvation" (i dont know what you want to be saved from but . . . regardless)

Arent you just using Christianity for salvation. What im saying is, if there was no way for you to be saved, would you still love your god?
0 Replies

duce

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:09 pm
Etruscia:

I can not speak for Rex, but it seems to me you took what he wrote out of context. But for me,
I would still Love my GOD even IF there was no salvation.

Whatever you put 1st in your life (love) is YOUR God, is it not?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:26 pm
No, god implies ruling over. Or something similar. My number one priority, for the moment, is doing very well in school. In no way is it my god, nor do i love it.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:38 pm
Priority = Goal

Good to have, but Everyone has something or someone they would "fight" for. That would be more in line with what I mean by put 1st. I mean are you not going to school for a specific purpose, a Masters or PHD in something, (to be something)not just to go? Smile
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:09 pm
Yes, but i still would not agree with you pertaining to the god thing.
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 11:58 am
Quote:
"but still call themselves Christians to achieve their own goals"

Isnt your goal "salvation" (i dont know what you want to be saved from but . . . regardless)

Yeah, you definitely took my quote out of context.

Christians-- and by Christians I mean true Christians to love God truly and deeply in their hearts-- have the goal of acheiving God's goals for their lives.

However, there are those who call themselves Christians, and don't love God truly and fully in their hearts, only to achieve their own goals. Those like the Pharisees and the Sadducees. Jesus refers to them as "lukewarm" in Revelation.

And by "saved" we mean saved from ourselves-- saved from having to face the dire consequences of our sinful actions, because Jesus already paid the price.

Quote:
Arent you just using Christianity for salvation.

No, I'm not "using" Christianity for anything. It is my belief. And it is the core of most of my entire belief structure.

Quote:
What im saying is, if there was no way for you to be saved, would you still love your god?

I don't quite understand what you're getting at. God loves me so much that He is willing to overlook my faults and forgive me for them, and I love Him back.

Are you asking me if I would still love God if He hated me?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 12:22 pm
"And by "saved" we mean saved from ourselves-- saved from having to face the dire consequences of our sinful actions, because Jesus already paid the price. "

my question, as an agnostic, is why do you need someone to save you from yourself. When it is quite possible for you to save yourself.

"dire consequences" for me, this probably means something totally different than it does for you. Im guessing, you believe in hell. Im thinking that we are turning the world into a place which cannot sustain human life.

For the last thing, hypothetically here;

If a god,your god, came down, or talked to you and said: 'I cannot save you. I cannot save anyone else, because it is doing more bad for the world than good. Im sorry."

would you still love him?
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 12:46 pm
Quote:
my question, as an agnostic, is why do you need someone to save you from yourself. When it is quite possible for you to save yourself.

Not in my belief-- "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

Quote:
If a god,your god, came down, or talked to you and said: 'I cannot save you. I cannot save anyone else, because it is doing more bad for the world than good. Im sorry."

That's like asking if you would still like your favorite baseball team if they moved to a different city, changed their name, replaced all of their players and management, and started playing soccer instead of baseball.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 01:04 pm
Ok . . . not really as i see it, but i guess that answers my question.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:22 am
It seems I get the last word...
A debate against/for against Christianity is pointless, and a waste of words. If a belief, (and by belief I mean something that a person holds true, but that applies only to themselves) is challenged by an unbeliever, the believer will always find personal reasons to support their claim. The same can be said for the nonbelievers, though the usually have less evidence*.

Agnostics, provide the most logical argument, the only fact in the entire discussion; 'There is no tangible evidence that supports the existence/nonexistence of a higher being'. Even if truth is indeed relative to each person, just because it is truth for millions, it is still not a fact.

*Recorded beliefs, that while tangible, are still merely opinions.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 09:50 am
Etruscia wrote:
"

Read Job: "Though He Slay Me...."

Saved from ourselves means

We are Born to Die...By ourselves we die (eventually right?)...With God we Live Eternal and He's right in his previous post.. It's the Only Way.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 09:55 am
Re: It seems I get the last word...
Eryemil wrote:
discussion; 'There is no tangible evidence

Faith is a Place[/color]. Some people just refuse to acknowledge it till they get there. (But when they do, they KNOW it then)
0 Replies