Got a bible? Grab it and look at this.

duce

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:55 am
In order to be a realist, one must believe in miracles.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 05:19 pm
A Yogi and one of his students were standing in a lake. The student asked his teacher, "When will I see God?" The teacher dunked his student's head under the water. As the student came up gasping, the Yogi replied, "When you want to see God as badly as you wanted that next breath."
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 09:02 am
OR--There is a piece of Him available for viewing off my front porch--out toward the River, if you prefer. (Free of Charge)
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:54 am
yeah
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:48 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:
Is homosexuality wrong in the sight of God?

You misunderstand. Homosexuality is ONLY wrong because God made Adam AND Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. It is wrong because God Created Humans therefore He owns Humans and dictates the rules (make sense? - i start a family, i make the rules). IF God made Adam and Steve then it would be a different story, but he didn't.

The POINT is NOT Homosexuality. The point is Rebellion. God makes it this way, you do it your own way = rebellion.

Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:
The old law still applies,

Does it? I don't take one day off a week to rest, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Christian (one day off a week to rest is part of the 10 commandments).

Following Jesus is MORE than just a bunch of rules.

Following Jesus is just that, following him. Nothing more, nothing less.
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:50 am
Leviticus is a book of Law. I don't expect anyone to fully undestand it except the Israelites who God saved from the oppressive Egyptian nation through the Red Sea and 40 years in the desert... i don't think anyone can fully comprehend 40 years in the desert either...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
Quote:
Biliskner wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:

You misunderstand. Homosexuality is ONLY wrong because God made Adam AND Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

No, it is you who misunderstands.

In any case, homosexuality is NOT wrong...it is merely one of the things the superstitious, ancient Hebrews who invented the god of the Bible thought to be wrong...so they had their silly god proscribe it.

Quote:
It is wrong because God Created Humans therefore He owns Humans and dictates the rules (make sense?

No!

Quote:
...IF God made Adam and Steve then it would be a different story, but he didn't.

If you want to conduct your life based on what ancient superstitious Hebrews thought about what was right and wrong....do so. All we can do is to pity you. But don't for a second suppose it makes sense.

Quote:
The POINT is NOT Homosexuality. The point is Rebellion. God makes it this way, you do it your own way = rebellion.

Actually...the point is fearful humans willing to swollow any of this nonsense. But if it gets you through your terror...go for it.

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:

Does it? I don't take one day off a week to rest, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Christian...

No. But it does mean you are a hypocrite.

Hey...six of one...

Quote:

Yeah. Too bad you Christians don't get it.

Quote:

Well that was profound!
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:54 am
Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Biliskner wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:

You misunderstand. Homosexuality is ONLY wrong because God made Adam AND Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

In any case, homosexuality is NOT wrong...it is merely one of the things the superstitious, ancient Hebrews who invented the god of the Bible thought to be wrong...so they had their silly god proscribe it.

Quote:
It is wrong because God Created Humans therefore He owns Humans and dictates the rules (make sense?

No!

Quote:
...IF God made Adam and Steve then it would be a different story, but he didn't.

If you want to conduct your life based on what ancient superstitious Hebrews thought about what was right and wrong....do so. All we can do is to pity you. But don't for a second suppose it makes sense.

Quote:

Actually...the point is fearful humans willing to swollow any of this nonsense. But if it gets you through your terror...go for it.

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:

Does it? I don't take one day off a week to rest, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Christian...

Hey...six of one...

Quote:

Quote:

Well that was profound!

wow frank, nice to see all "no's" plastered in all the responses.
where do you live? maybe i can follow you and your religion. it appears to offer so much more than what i'm currently set in.

'nuff said.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:47 am
Biliskner wrote:
Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Biliskner wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

No!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
ww wrote:

Quote:

Hey...six of one...

Quote:

Quote:

Well that was profound!

wow frank, nice to see all "no's" plastered in all the responses.
where do you live? maybe i can follow you and your religion. it appears to offer so much more than what i'm currently set in.

'nuff said.

I'm an agnostic.

Agnosticism DOES offer much, much more than what you are currently "set in."
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 09:01 am
Quote:
Adam and Steve

He He He

I really didn't think people actually said things like that! It just sounds so...stupid...I'm sorry, I did rack my brains for a more 'forum friendly' word - but I couldn't come up with one that describes your comment better.

You should keep your homophobia to yourself...lest you offend your fellow members! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:12 am
smorgs wrote:
Quote:
Adam and Steve

You should keep your homophobia to yourself...lest you offend your fellow members! Evil or Very Mad

did you read any of the other pages?
FYI, i'm not the one who started this post, just thought some ppl wanted some genuine insight into Leviticus. obviously not (that is, not genuine, not insight, not even some). ever thought about offending Jews with your "interpretations" of Leviticus? or are you just selectively offensive? go smorg's tolerance.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:22 am
Quote:
ever thought about offending Jews with your "interpretations" of Leviticus?

I didn't know it said 'Adam and Steve' in Leviticus!

I am not interpreting anything - I'm just commenting on YOUR homophobia.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:25 am
dauer's quote, "I think you misunderstand blood being forbidden. The slaughterer kills the animal in such a way that much of the blood is spilled. This blood used to be buried symbolically, or covered with earth just as one buries a human body, but I have been told this is no longer done because pagans were doing this as part of worship of other gods.

After, the animal is cut up and some veins are removed. Then kosher salt is used to drain out the blood. If it is a type of blood that moves, it is inedible. But if it is stationary in the animal, it is no different from meat and is edible. This isn't a law for health reasons. It is honoring the life of the animal. That is why it says that the life is in the blood."

The problem with this 'restriction' is the fact that the Masai's (in Africa) drink the cow's blood while the cow is alive for nourishment.
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:29 am
smorgs wrote:
Quote:
ever thought about offending Jews with your "interpretations" of Leviticus?

I didn't know it said 'Adam and Steve' in Leviticus!

I am not interpreting anything - I'm just commenting on YOUR homophobia.

can i comment on your ignorance? and taking words out of sentences from posts that you've taken out of context?
oh never mind, i've found something better to do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 06:49 am
Theists who think the Bible contains valuable insights about reality and existence...constantly play this "you are taking that out of context" card.

This is necessary because it is the only way to defend the indefensible.

Leviticus is an abomination....and there is no way to "put it into context" that makes it any less an abomination.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 06:52 am
I always thought Leviticus was an old Amish farmer that lived down the road from farmerman.

Seemed like a pretty decent guy to me.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 11:56 am
Biliskner...you have just commented, nothing better to do? Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:09 pm
gus, Thanks for my laugh for today. At the rate a2k is going, I'm gonna have a healthy life. LOL
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:22 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I always thought Leviticus was an old Amish farmer that lived down the road from farmerman.

Laughing
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:03 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

"Frank Apisa" is an abomination....and there is no way to "put it in context" that makes it any less an abomination.

out of context? man it looks so IN CONTEXT.
0 Replies