Got a bible? Grab it and look at this.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:13 am
Biliskner wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

"Frank Apisa" is an abomination....and there is no way to "put it in context" that makes it any less an abomination.

out of context? man it looks so IN CONTEXT.

Idiotic and childish...

...but so in keeping with the kind of superstitious mind that wants to pretend to love the god of the Bible...probably the most disgusting god ever invented by the human mind.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:01 am
Biliskner wrote:
Homosexuality is ONLY wrong because God made Adam AND Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. It is wrong because God Created Humans therefore He owns Humans and dictates the rules (make sense? - i start a family, i make the rules). IF God made Adam and Steve then it would be a different story, but he didn't.

The POINT is NOT Homosexuality. The point is Rebellion. God makes it this way, you do it your own way = rebellion.

Biliskner, who do you suppose made men such as Adam and Steve if not God? They certainly did not choose to be born with homosexual tendencies, so do you agree that God screwed up somewhere? If not, how do you explain the fact that some men are attracted to women and some aren't?

Why hasn't God corrected his genetic errors instead of being offended and punishing people behaving exactly as he designed them to?

Homosexuality is not "rebellion" against God. It is simply loving someone who happens to be of the same gender. Why do you suppose your God hates people who love each other?
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:36 am
Terry: Good Post.

I find myself flabbergasted at the seemingly self-contradictory beliefs of some theists who assert that "[Their] God made everything!" yet still find ways to hate their Gods' creations.

If you believe in God, then you believe he made everything...right?

And God is perfect, so he doesn't make mistakes in what he creates...right?

So, following that logic, God made homosexuals, so there's really no reason to hate homosexuals...other than the fact that people who are closeminded fear and hate homosexuals...and decided to put that in their Bible!

Biliskner: I'm not being facetious...just stating my view, and pointing out a seemingly obvious (to me) path of logic. If you have a rebuttal, I'd be interested to hear it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 12:14 pm
God made you and me, and those of us who do not have homosexual tendencies are god's children. All those other people who love their own gender are sinners, and they will go to hell. The bible says so.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 02:19 pm
This religion business is, at its essence, a joke. Frightened people pretending to know the nature of reality...pretending to know what existence is about...based on thousands of years old ravings of relataively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious ancient Hebrews.

Every fiber of my being aches to realize that humanity is still stuck in this place....in this mindset.
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:06 pm
Cicerone: Who made the "sinners" then? Even if you claim "The Devil", it still comes down to "who made the Devil?", to which I respond: the guy who made everything else.

For my own views, I say that religion doesn't even enter into it: If people love each other, then that should be all that matters. If an argument against is that they'll "dilute the purity of marriage", then I say: Wait until there are as many homosexual divorces as heterosexual ones...then we can talk about "diluting purity".
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:26 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
This religion business is, at its essence, a joke. Frightened people pretending to know the nature of reality...pretending to know what existence is about...based on thousands of years old ravings of relataively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious ancient Hebrews.

Every fiber of my being aches to realize that humanity is still stuck in this place....in this mindset.

Religious dogma is an aggressive and effective thought virus (meme).

In general, it's amazing to me how accurate the analogy is between memes and thought and viruses and bodies. Memes even have lethal strains which are so aggressive that they are excised by society to defend itself. And then there are other strains which are relatively benign, allowing carriers to host them and spread them for generations.

It seems that parasitism and symbiosis are as prevalent in the thought world as they are in the physical world.

Symbiotic memes which don't offer real world benefit probably only persist as long as the emotional fertilizer that fuels them is available.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:33 pm
Hey Rosborne. Good to see ya.

Let's hope a certain symbiotic memes runs out of fuel real soon. This old world can't take too much more of this religion crap.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:36 pm
I'm sure there are plenty of analogies to be found in nature that we can associate with religion. It's just those cancerous tumors that I worry about. Wink
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:53 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Hey Rosborne. Good to see ya.

Let's hope a certain symbiotic memes runs out of fuel real soon. This old world can't take too much more of this religion crap.

Primary fuel sources: Fear(death), Pride(recognition in the eyes of the universe), Safety(in community).

Interestingly, the last part is a real-word reward. Religious communities exist to support the belief system, and the belief system supports the community. This is generally a good thing until someone poisons the cool-aid.
0 Replies

Biliskner

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:06 am
there are purely functional reasons for marriage (bewteen man and woman) and purely spiritual ones.

we know the functional, you guys say there is no spiritual side?

oh if i knew this was a thread with no spirituality, then damn, why is the damn thread a quote from Leviticus? find a hobby, fly a kite in a lightning storm and study physics.

'nuff said.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 07:59 am
Biliskner

Religion is a superstitious way of dealing with irrational fear of the unknown.

To suggest we live our lives in accordance with the superstitions and sensibilities of unsophisticated, unknowledgeable people who lived thousands of years ago is absolutely absurd.

Truly...can you not see that? Are you that afraid?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:22 pm
Frank, They are ALL afraid; otherwise their common sense and logic would tell them otherwise.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:25 pm
Proof after proof only goes ignored by those in fear of their god. Even the story of the "flood" originated before the bible was written by god's messengers; it was ancient history from mythology. Noah was actually Noe according to the myth.
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:39 pm
...And Utnapushtim, and Atrahasis, and Xisuthrus, and Yima, and Manu, and Deucalion, and Tapi, and a host of others. They all say approxiamtely the same thing, and it all just lends itself as proof to what I've been telling my friends: The Bible is just a book of fables taken too literally. To tie it in with what I've heard Frank say: they were morality tales used to frighten primitive cultures, but then they were taken too literally, and made into a religion that should have died out centuries ago, if not millennia.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:47 pm
But the opposite happened, and religion(s) grew by leaps and bounds. There is something inherently in humans that requires us to believe in some superhuman god(s).
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:52 pm
True, but I see that as a kind of crutch, in most cases; people tend to use God as a kind of safety net so they can reassure themselves that it's all going to work out, when in fact they might need to actually work on an issue.
If I had a choice, I would rather have humanity believe in...humanity. The indomitable creative spirit within us all, that drives us to succeed and excel. Not some omnipresent yet intangible God that will never take a hand in his "creations".
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:52 pm
An interesting point about marriage and the bible.

The newest translation just came out and one translator mentioned that in the original text there is no word for "husband" or "wife" the words are only "man" and "woman". They decided when and where to use "husband" and "wife" based solely on context.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 03:11 pm
FLWsite, My sister is a christian - 100 percent. Her husband had Parkinsons and even had a heart attack. Since she prayed to god to cure him, she really was convinced that's what would eventually happen. He passed away about five years ago. She's still a "believer."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
What may seem obvious to outsiders like myself is "god's will" to the believers - so they're covered either way.
0 Replies