au1929

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 10:25 am
tres
I will give it one more try.
This was part of your statement
Quote:
Quote:
Tres
: I find no power enumerated within the Constitution that authorizes the federal government to involve itself in charitable or "welfare" programs. That does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that I don't think society should help those in need, it simply means that I don't think the feds are the ones who should do it

To which I said.
Quote:
Apparently this is one area of disagreement between you and Bush. Not only is he intent on supporting charities with Federal $ he wants to through religious entities.

Are you or are you not in disagreement with Bush in that area. If so why get so abrasive when I pointed it out.
My last comment on the subject.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:41 am
au - I'm sorry you either can't "get" or won't respect that I consider that issue tangential to the point I was making here in this discussion, and asked--repeatedly now--that anyone who wanted to tackle me on my chosen example, do so in an existing discussion dedicated to that issue. Since you refuse to acknowledge and respect that simple, reasonable request, YES, that is an area where Bush and I disagree.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:00 pm
...like trying to breathe jello in here.....
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:09 pm
or, maybe I should take down my totally duct taped sheets of pastic and get some oxygen in this room, then again, I'm being a Patriot and following my unPres's orders!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 02:00 pm
A very old thread worthy to revive for discussion.
Does Bush Understand?
-was the title of this thread.
The word understand arrested my attention to bring forth this topic in today's contest.
Do we undestand Bush now?
If you understand, say i understand.
If you don't understand say i don't understand
But if you understand and say I don't understand
how can I understand that you understand?
Understand?
0 Replies