Does Bush Understand?

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 11:19 am
I am still being triple taxes. I paid social security tax, than paid income tax on money that had already been taken out of my pay in the form of SS tax and now I am paying 85% on my SS income. Bush if you are so hot to remove the taxation of dividend income because it is double taxation how about some relief in this corner. OH! You say it doesn't help the wealthy. I understand.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 11:29 am
au1929 wrote:
I am still being triple taxes. I paid social security tax, than paid income tax on money that had already been taken out of my pay in the form of SS tax and now I am paying 85% on my SS income. Bush if you are so hot to remove the taxation of dividend income because it is double taxation how about some relief in this corner. OH! You say it doesn't help the wealthy. I understand.

Are you suggesting that Bush has not proposed cutting your taxes?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 11:43 am
TW
I am suggesting that if it's the unfairness of double taxation that he is basing a good part of his tax cutting on. Here is a good example. Is he cutting my taxes? Is he cutting the taxes of those who will be the recipients of the removal of taxes on dividends? Yes, and Yes. The removal of double income taxation and that on SS payments would for the Average taxpayer far out way that which is gained by the lowering of tax rates. That however is not the question. Double taxation is double taxation no matter where it is found. What is good for the goose is good for the gander?
Have to shut down now. I have an appointment with my favorite person. The Dentist
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 11:45 am
BillW wrote:
More spin, no solutions - Republican whining!

Quote:
Mannerly conduct

As per the membership agreement, it is a given that flaming, rude comments, and personal attacks are not acceptable here. Intellectually vacuous and snide slanders such as 'DemoRats' or 'REPUGlicans' (or local variants if you live elsewhere than the US) are completely unwelcome. But, actually, we ask more of you than those obvious and fundamental rules.

Consider that you are joining a community marked by good will and a shared committment to learn and to help others learn. Thus it is expected that all discussion participants will:

- read others' posts with care and deliberation
- strive to understand the position of those who disagree with you
- value your own experience and knowledge, and allow the same for others
- write your own posts with care and deliberation
- don't hog...keep your posts to a size and frequency which allows others an equal place in the discussion
- respect the intention of the person who originally posted and keep discussion relevant to the topic or question if that is his/her expressed wish, or the wish of others engaged. Always feel free to begin a separate question yourself if a tangent seems particularly interesting or important.
- feel quite free to disagree, but engage in friendly disagreement
- remember that humor and a friendly manner can go far in encouraging your readers to 'hear' your opinion
- and, make your posts helpful to the whole community by following the rules of good scholarship below.
Guidelines for debate in the Politics forum
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:03 pm
tw, you are sneaky, I don't correspond with you - and the comment you allude to was made before this decision. This is a non-comment and will be seen in my prior post as a replacement post!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:04 pm
BillW wrote:
Your point is? Or is it only that a Republican (sorry, to most Republicans they don't consider this term a euphemism even if you do) can use the terms "spin" and "whine". No pictures included!

Quote:
Mannerly conduct

As per the membership agreement, it is a given that flaming, rude comments, and personal attacks are not acceptable here. Intellectually vacuous and snide slanders such as 'DemoRats' or 'REPUGlicans' (or local variants if you live elsewhere than the US) are completely unwelcome. But, actually, we ask more of you than those obvious and fundamental rules.

Consider that you are joining a community marked by good will and a shared committment to learn and to help others learn. Thus it is expected that all discussion participants will:

- don't hog...keep your posts to a size and frequency which allows others an equal place in the discussion
- respect the intention of the person who originally posted and keep discussion relevant to the topic or question if that is his/her expressed wish, or the wish of others engaged. Always feel free to begin a separate question yourself if a tangent seems particularly interesting or important.
- remember that humor and a friendly manner can go far in encouraging your readers to 'hear' your opinion
- and, make your posts helpful to the whole community by following the rules of good scholarship below.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:08 pm
<sigh>
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:25 pm
tw, you are sneaky, I don't correspond with you - and the comment you allude to was made before this decision. This is a non-comment and will be seen in my prior post as a replacement post!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:31 pm
BillW wrote:

Quote:
Mannerly conduct

0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:41 pm
AU:

More than 50% of Americans own stock. I'm one of them and I'm very happy to not have to pay anymore tax on dividends. Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:49 pm
Quote:
Does Bush Understand?

Nope, right now he is playing with his tinkertoys - please do not disturb!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:51 pm
tw
Quote:

What is wrong with that statement? If it said democratic whining would that be more to your liking.
Why not cut this back biting out before it develops into a battle royal. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:55 pm
au:

I thought you were going to the Dentist for a drilling.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 03:18 pm
NH
Sorry to disappoint you no drilling this time.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 03:19 pm
Did you really go?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 03:25 pm
NH
Of course I went. If I send you the bill will you pay it. I had a tooth pulled several weeks ago and went to take an impression for a replacemrnt.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 03:27 pm
au1929 wrote:
tw
Quote:

What is wrong with that statement? If it said democratic whining would that be more to your liking.
Why not cut this back biting out before it develops into a battle royal. Evil or Very Mad

I would ask you to look at my comments to which this response was offered, and tell me if you think it was a reasonable accounting of what I wrote. Then consider what the section I posted from the guidelines calls on us each to do here, and tell me whether you think the other party involved met that standard in the response in question.

And I would be happy to point you to discussions where I have complained of the behavior of conservatives. This is not about partisanship. It's about being intelligent adults and behaving as such.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 03:29 pm
I had to ask, because you weren't gone very long. Shocked

You may keep the bill.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 03:36 pm
tw, this is not "unmannerly"...

BillW wrote:

this is....

what a self-righteous, pontificating, unctuous load of hot air!!!

see the difference?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 09:14 am
Young, Jobless, Hopeless

By BOB HERBERT

CHICAGO — You see them in many parts of the city, hanging out on frigid street corners, skylarking at the malls or bowling alleys, hustling for money wherever they can, drifting in some cases into the devastating clutches of drug-selling, gang membership, prostitution and worse.
In Chicago there are nearly 100,000 young people, ages 16 to 24, who are out of work, out of school and all but out of hope. In New York City there are more than 200,000. Nationwide, according to a new study by a team from Northeastern University in Boston, the figure is a staggering 5.5 million and growing.

Bush Help wanted!
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/06/opinion/06HERB.html?th
0 Replies