sh*t boat veterans get da boot

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:10 am
That was an honest to goodness typo... Ill be more careful.. from now on....I about died when I came back and read it...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:16 am
I should learn to re-fresh my screen when coming back from lunch as well! I missed the second post you made!

Glad to have you aboard! It's always good to have fresh conservative voices!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:02 pm
At least you slipped up with a 'di' and not a 'fu'. Laughing

He did two tours, but he was in the navy which means he was on a ship most of that time. I will repeat that I have not heard Kerry say that his military service makes him a better commander in chief. In every instance that I've seen him bring it up it was relevant to what was being discussed.

Also, I'd like to know where you get your information regarding

Armyvet35 wrote:
Also if you really knew anything about a 201 file review board you would know something big happened to go to that extreme to fix something like say a less than honorable discharge..

You are implying that he got a less than honorable discharge and there is really no evidence to that effect. Maybe you could check this thread... http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35996&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=october&start=10

If you are referring to the report discussed there, it is practically made up.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:03 pm
Just trying to be helpful here.

Welcome Armyvet35. Did you know you can edit your post by hitting the edit button in the right corner just above it?

Freeduck: if you want to post a link, it can't be touching anything else: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35996&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=october&start=10

Also, if you hit the URL button in "Post a reply" screen, it pops up a blank to put the URL, and then allows you to name it.... Like this.

As for when Kerry used his service, please.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200407/r26408_65397.jpg
"This is John Kerry, reporting for duty" at the convention.

And that was hardly the only time. The web's full of examples

http://idkfa.home.mchsi.com/kerrylamesalute.jpg

As a special bonus, I found one of a woman saluting him back:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wsp617/fyou.jpg

:wink:

In his defense, I think he just does it to appear more human.

http://home.earthlink.net/~srsejda/Lurch_Kerry.jpg
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
Armyvet35 wrote:
Free Smile

Why wont Kerry release his 201 file in its entirety? He could put an end to this if he would so why not do it ?

Everyone that has a 201 file knows how important and revealing that document is. If you tout yourself as this brave war hero then back it up and prove those other vets wrong.

Kerry served 4 months in nam and many of those swift boat vets served 1 to 4 tours, yet you call all of them liars. Swift boat vets against Kerry outnumber swift boat vets for Kerry 5 to 1. 200,000 Military Vets and swift boat VEts signed a petition to ask Kerry to release that 201 file and to this day he hasnt and continues to refuse, why is that?

If he is in fact not lying, and has nothing to hide, and can prove them wrong then by all means sign the consent and let us see what the 201 file says.

I will say this. I served 12 years and my 201 file is over 300 pages in length. It has every personal detail one could only imagine surrounding my deployments, medical, dental, awards, schools and training in complete detail and documents backing it. That is why alot of vets question Kerry's service record. If he is so willing to lable himself this big hero and brag about his awards why is he not so willing to let us see the "real deal" surrounding them?

Why should he brag? Would it make him more of a hero to brag? He has shrapnel in his leg from service. What does Bush have by comparison? A couple of fillings from his service in the Alabama National Guard. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:07 pm
I actually got that information from kerrys website before it magically dissappeared. As a vet, I find things like that interesting.

The solution to all this is so simple and would take all of 20 min to fix. Releasing his 201 file. Until he does that I will not trust him as far as I could throw him.

Has nothing to do with party lines and all to do about being honest. If there is anything I hate more in this life is a person trumping up military service or lying about it. It discredits the real war heors this country has. And no Jessica Lynch is not a war hero....though the media made her one... I do hope she is enjoying the free vacations and money she recieved by the death of her fellow soldiers... would have been nice for her to wait to do so when they were cold in their graves not while their families were still mouring their losses....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:07 pm
No kidding.

I would think that you would be the first to be screaming about Bush's reluctance to release all his records...

Today, they claim they are all released, but let's face it, it took YEARS of searching for the public to get access...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
Bush didnt run his campaign on being this self proclaimed war hero during a war is why it matters.

A war hero wouldnt mind backing it with fact and not just words. It is a known fact that the 201 file will either back him or prove him to be a liar. Which is it?

Like I stated before I dont care if a president serves or not, Kerry can simply choose not to bring up his stint in nam and try not to use military service to get elected like he is somehow more expericanced because he did 4 months in nam.

Simple logic here. over 200,000 vets have petitioned to ask that he release them and he has refused. Why should a war hero like himself with all those medals not do it?

Yes years of service and a court order under infomation rights to get all of bushes record release... I shall wait patiently for Kerry to undergo the same treatment and will delight in the end results of that. If one is being honest about their service they would make the documentation readily available.

You are right... I would be screaming for Bush's records too if his bragging about service had some holes in it and he was running on the premiise of being a self proclaimed war hero while my husband was in a war...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:26 pm
Quote:
Bush didnt run his campaign on being this self proclaimed war hero during a war is why it matters.

I guess you don't remember him landing on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit, then, proclaiming 'mission accomplished' in Iraq.... the whole thing was an ad for Bush as 'military commander.'

And yes, Bush IS running on his war record - the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. He's .5 for 2 - Afghanistan went pretty well but we didn't stick around to finish the job, and Iraq was a complete mistake. That right there is enough record for anyone...

Quote:
Simple logic here. over 200,000 vets have petitioned to ask that he release them and he has refused. Why should a war hero like himself with all those medals not do it?

For the same reason Bush didn't. Because no matter what it says inside, there are those who will find a way to turn it into an attack. He doesn't need to be attacked, even if the evidence supports exactly what he said; he needs to be attacking Bush, not putting more ammo out there for those who are looking to tar and feather him b/c of his testimony in front of congress.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:27 pm
So, OBill and company, is a salute the same thing as bragging and proclaiming oneself a war hero? I think there has been much 'exaggeration' on the part of those who don't like Kerry.

Diggin' the birdie finger lady, BTW.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
This "saluting" crap was all started by Ronald Reagan...who apparently never learned that one NEVER salutes while in civilian clothes.

Don't know why the rest of the pack has followed...but it looks absurd no matter who is doing it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:24 pm
Just helpfully having some fun, Freeduck. :wink:

Shocked Frank, are you feeling all right? Do you realize you just posted a comment to a political thread without slamming Bush? Shocked
Btw, does this mean I no longer have to worry about death and taxes? :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 03:21 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Just helpfully having some fun, Freeduck. :wink:

Shocked Frank, are you feeling all right? Do you realize you just posted a comment to a political thread without slamming Bush? Shocked
Btw, does this mean I no longer have to worry about death and taxes? :wink:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36803&highlight=&sid=c85746ac6d1beb68c1a15dd5e41d19f4
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 03:28 pm
Bush isnt by any standard a war hero or claiming to be...

Cy... I believe the american soldiers in Afghanistan would disagree with you on abandoning that mission, why? Because they are still there....

Bush arriving on an Air craft carrier is no different than John Kerry pretending to be the great white hunter up in the northern gun toting states or by pretending to be this big cathlolic on Sundays... all politicians do it.

I wore my class A's to an event even though I am not in the military anymore. I was invited as a guest Honoring members of the 86th combat support Hospital.... your point being what on that?

Just seeking the truth... when I was in nam and I got my purple hearts and I got my awards, and I was in combat and I.... that is what Kerry likes to talk about... he said it quite a few times in the Debates, did you forget that or forgot to notice it;)

THere actually wont be ammo to fry him if he is telling the truth about his service record... if he is lying yes that would be a very bad deal for him....
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 03:43 pm
Quote:
Cy... I believe the american soldiers in Afghanistan would disagree with you on abandoning that mission, why? Because they are still there....

Um, what does that have to do with abandoning the mission in Afghanistan? Iraq was poorly planned, and Bush has desperately been trying to shift resources from Afghanistan to Iraq. Problem is, the Taliban is once again on the move.

Quote:
Bush arriving on an Air craft carrier is no different than John Kerry pretending to be the great white hunter up in the northern gun toting states or by pretending to be this big cathlolic on Sundays... all politicians do it.

Um, but Kerry IS a hunter, and has been for a long time, as well as being a devote Catholic. Bush arriving on an aircraft carrier was the biggest and most failed publicity stunt I can remember, although probably not as bad as Dukakis riding in that tank back in 88'.

I believe that Kerry IS telling the truth regarding his combat, because the obvious smear campaign by the Swift Boat idiots has backfired considerably. John O'Neil has himself claimed he was in Cambodia, when he was not, and several other Swift Boat vets have either recanted or have been called liars by those who would know.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 04:09 pm
Armyvet35 wrote:

Just seeking the truth... when I was in nam and I got my purple hearts and I got my awards, and I was in combat and I.... that is what Kerry likes to talk about... he said it quite a few times in the Debates, did you forget that or forgot to notice it;)

That is completely untrue. I saw all three debates. While he did say 'I know what it's like...' he never said any of the things you are saying. I realize you are just mocking him, but why is this ok? Is it okay if I sit here and mock you for saying 'as a vet I...' every time you get the chance? No, because that is obviously part of your identity and so you have a right to talk about it. Likewise, whether you respect his service or not, it is part of his identity and he has the right to talk about it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 04:12 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Armyvet35 wrote:

That is completely untrue. I saw all three debates. While he did say 'I know what it's like...' he never said any of the things you are saying. I realize you are just mocking him, but why is this ok? Is it okay if I sit here and mock you for saying 'as a vet I...' every time you get the chance? No, because that is obviously part of your identity and so you have a right to talk about it. Likewise, whether you respect his service or not, it is part of his identity and he has the right to talk about it.

Superb post, FreeDuck!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 04:16 pm
Quote:
Likewise, whether you respect his service or not, it is part of his identity and he has the right to talk about it.

Yep. Just like Bush has the right to talk about his stint in the National Guard.

I wonder why he doesn't? :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 04:18 pm
Thanks Frank. I know I just put a big target on myself...
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 05:13 pm
Im not a target type of girl Wink

If you chose to believe Kerry by all means do so... I know better....why hide if you are being honest... there is nothing more really to say on that issue with kerry...

As for political stunts? All politicians do...

I shall get back to you on some issues I have with some of your postings... I like to back up my statements with facts so I will not float off the handle yet...

But for just a quick thing... Kerry indeed does say he is a better candidate since Bush hasnt seen combat... Ill get you some resources on that I as well watched all three debates... and know better...
0 Replies