We don't talk anymore

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:32 pm
Me and my wife, we have drifted apart each other. We had a sparkling relationship and now I feel like the flame is extinguished. Our spare time feels like tensed and disputes start from scratch.
I feel that our relationship could use improvement, I will start a discussion with my fiancee about where are we in this relation and where are we heading to.
Any protips how to solve this out without a relationship therapy?

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:47 pm
@tyreesejack,
Maybe start by not having both a wife and a fiancee.

And then go to a therapist anyway, because they are actually experts in this stuff, unlike a random Internet forum.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:16 pm
@tyreesejack,
Like Jespah, I was going to suggest that the problem between you and your wife might have something to do with your fiancee. I'm going to guess they are one in the same.

If she is your wife and you have drifted apart, maybe it is because you no longer date but have settled in to a monotonous existence. Maybe before seeing a counselor, try to get back to doing what you did when you first met. Start going on dates together. They don't have to be expensive dates, just something to get you out of the house and doing something different. See if it helps. I'm sure it won't hurt any.

0 Replies

danderson

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 09:25 am
@tyreesejack,
Well how did the conversation end up, did u come to any conclusion what is the status of your relationship? Seeing a professional relationship therapist is expensive but might save your marriage tho.

And yes is it even one person you are talking about? hah
tyreesejack

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:40 pm
@danderson,
Yesterday when my wife came home she seemed happier than usual. I was brave enough to start a conversation about this. It was an instant turn in her mood and she started to blame me from all of this. After almost an hour long not-so-joyful discussion she decided that only thing we need is some time to get over this. Apparently a therapist is not going to be an option. As I tried to explain how frustrated i am and not being able to wait for "some time" she accepted that we need to spend time together as we used to.
0 Replies