edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 06:50 am
@edgarblythe,
Too late to edit. I left out a zero. It takes 100,000 points to draw a hundred dollars.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 07:52 pm
Just hanging in until Robert's new version of the site kicks in. There has to be more to life than Donald Trump.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 03:48 pm
I have never been one to believe in ghosts. But, even the atheist's atheist, Philip Wylie, wrote a book about hearing voices of the departed and seeing things. I know that once as I slept I felt the bed move and the warmth of my older brother as he settled in to sleep the night beside me. Of course it was just a dream. Wasn't it? It seemed real enough during that night.

My wife was just telling me some happenings at her work place. She said that not long after her last boss came on the job, she reported from the playground there was a girl left behind in a room, because she could see her looking out the window. Somebody looked, and found no child.

My wife said that about a year ago, she saw a child walking in the hall. The child walked through the wall at the end. The other day she saw the child for about the third time. She walked into the kitchen pantry and vanished. This time she confided in the woman who helps out sometimes with the cooking. As she began to speak, the woman said, "Wait. Don't tell me. You saw a child that then disappeared."

The friend had seen it three times already. Turns out, all three people described this "ghost" as having dirty blond hair, wearing a blue dress with white polka dots on the skirt.

I have no explanation for it. I still don't believe in ghosts, exactly. Just that there are phenomena in this world that may not have a rational explanation. Then again, maybe there exists a rational explanation I simply have not read of.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 03:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hipnotism?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey edgar, I don't believe in ghosts either. But I did have a strange experience.

My cat Miranda died, and I had a new cat, Mikey. Mikey was a big clunky guy. When he jumped on the bed, it was a very different feeling from when Miranda jumped on the bed.

One night I was lying in bed, almost asleep. Mikey was lying at the foot of the bed. Then I felt Miranda jump on the bed. I sat bolt upright. Mikey took off like a shot. I don't know what happened, but it happened.

I don't believe in no ghosts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 05:37 pm
@Roberta,
Gotta make you wonder, though.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 05:57 pm
@Roberta,
As I said, I don't have a real answer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 11:08 am
Trying to get worked up to do taxes. Not certain I will manage today. I do this online. Last year I used the HR Block app. Did it free and printed a copy to mail in. Reason I send paper is, they see your information as they receive the form, so they can sign off on it right away. Sent electronically, they have just your submission to view. A few years later they go through your information again, looking up W2 forms and such. If they find a mistake that costs you money, it has already racked up two years' interest. This happened to me for the 2015 return. I am super careful now, but taking no chances.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 06:31 pm
I collapsed all the political threads. They got to where they dominated half of my day. I have more constructive concerns to attend to.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 07:35 am
I've had the TV on, but not watching. Suddenly, I heard Odetta singing. It's an episode of Have Gun Will Travel. I loved that lady. Guess I will get off and see what it's about.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 02:43 pm
I've quit watching local television. The Superbowl will be played here tomorrow and that's all they want to cover. I plan to watch the game, but that's the extent of it.

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 06:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll catch the half time commercials later on YouTube. Only part that might interest me. And that's just so I'll be able to talk about them with my buds
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 06:53 pm
I grew up hating professional sports. The most agonizing afternoon I could imagine was to watch sports and football in particular. I saw it, from what little I paid attention to, as the quarterback giving a guy the ball; the guy would plow head on into a wall of players and be stopped in his tracks; repeat; repeat; kick. Then, the other team's turn. One day, in 1964, a shipmate offered to bet me five dollars some team would beat a team called The Steelers. I accepted and gladly won the five. So, I watched a game at the next opportunity. The Steelers looked beautiful out there, destroying some hapless opponent. The score was something like 50-14. I was hooked, from that day to this.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 07:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't need to do taxes, re my extremely low social security income.

Of c0urse I worry re next.

Meantime the city insists I fix my yard. Which I understand, being me, garden designer, but I can't now do as I'm not steady on my feet in sand. Last year I asked if there were any facilities that would help me, got a long but non useful list of no help.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 07:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
My wife has three sources of income. So I am stuck with filing.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 07:33 pm
@ossobucotemp,
That wasn't to you..
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2017 07:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oh. Okey doke.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 07:31 am
@edgarblythe,
Ahh... the thrill of the wager. Maybe I'll bet on the best part of the halftime show. I hear they'll have drones this year
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 07:50 am
@Leadfoot,
I hope they don't kill any civilians.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 08:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, just the players Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies