The continued reference to Mary Cheney by the Dems

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:08 pm
Cows do it
Pigs do it
Flowers at the very end of twigs do it....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:11 pm
Girl went to a friend's house looks like -- another girl. Girl's mom, too, but just a mom. Making a big fire in a muddy pit, wearing wellies. Sozlet thinks that looks fun.

Oh wait this might be a two-mom family, too. They went inside, another younger girl and another mom. Baking. Sozlet thinks it looks yummy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
Girls bike to, according to sozlet, the "sugar plip". :-? Don't ask me.

Boiling syrup.

Boy drills hole in a tree, pounds in tap thingie, attaches a pail. There comes the syrup! Much sozlet excitement.

(I know I don't have to do a play-by-play, but helping distract me from just how annoyed I am that there's no captioning!!!)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:15 pm
Cool tubes everywhere, ending in a big aluminum vat. Boy is doing a lot of explaining. Older fella in a cool 'stache is doing some explaining, too. Seems that the fella and his family own the place, and the girls are visiting.

Oooh, time to have some! Bowl of snow with maple syrup on it. Yum!!! Kids all chow down. Sozlet looks hungry.

Girls bike back home.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:16 pm
Oh not home, visiting the farm of a couple more girls. Buncha cows!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:17 pm
Animated interval where Buster imagines having a cow in his apartment and squirting some milk in his mom's coffee. Mom looks nonplussed.

Feeding baby cows! Happy sozlet.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:17 pm
I just realized I may be able to pick this up on satellite.
Checked.
Buster's on at 7:30 on one of the PBS stations I get. Will see if it's this episode.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:22 pm
Yay Beth!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:25 pm
Milk machine!! Very happy sozlet. We have a couple of videos about a Vermont farm with similar stuff, she loves it.

Kids playing in hayloft.

More bike riding.

(I wanna live out there. Looks great.)

The girls bought stuff from each place, maple syrup and dairy. Then brought it home.

And that seems to be it! Bye bye!

Then animated interval with various stuff they got at the hotel room -- maple syrup lollies and such -- and then Buster bringing it home to his mom, who's appreciative and gives him a big hug. Oh in his imagination.

Then lights-out. (Animated.)

Now it's back to the farmhouse, the boys in the family are wrapping presents. The families are getting together for -- dinner? A party?

Apple cider, beans, lotsa good local stuff.

Dessert! (Sozlet looks hungry again.)

DOGS ATE THE PRESENTS! Heh. Buster faints or something. Oh, I think that's what he was supposed to give his mom.

(That was cute, great guilty-dog shot.)

He calls his dad (animated.) He has an idea.

Back to live action, everyone's out by the bonfire. 6 kids, four moms.

Now it's dark, bringing out a christmas tree to burn. (Obviously godless heathens.) (heh.)

Kids love it, hopping and squealing. Lots of mom-kid hugging. (Don't think I've seen adults touch yet.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:26 pm
Oh it's a MOTHER'S DAY episode!! How perfect!! The presents were supposed to be for his mom for mother's day, the dogs ate them, he made her a card and sent her "this" video instead. Animated interval of Buster's mom loving the card as she watches the sweet video.

Awwwwww.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:28 pm
Factoid! 40 gallons sap = 1 gallon syrup. (It was written.)

And thassit.

Asked sozlet what she thought.

Thumbs-up.

Any comments?

"Can we have some pancakes with maple syrup?"

Is she predictable or what?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:48 pm
So - she dinna notice anything "different" about the families?

Maple syrup - yum!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:50 pm
LOL

So, she wasnt like, raising difficult questions about, er,

[size=8]hot (button) lesbian sex (issues)[/size]

then?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:52 pm
Thanks for the play by play, soz. Sounds like a cute show.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:16 pm
Nothin' to add from here. Cute show.

I also watched the end of a Buster episode about family reunions: the Read family and a Kurdish community in Nashville. Nice.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:23 pm
I saw that one too! That's what made me remember this. We tuned in halfway through and I was trying to figure out their ethnicity and then saw "Kurds" and went wow! Sozlet liked the D.W. angle. (Not surprisingly, her favorite Arthur chracter.)

Did you catch/ do you remember what was said when the camera was on the family portrait of the two moms, beth?

That's the only thing I'm really curious about. I think I pieced together the rest of it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:29 pm
Oh and she didn't notice anything different, or hasn't commented. Might come up at some point, who knows. I haven't wanted to ask leading questions because again what I think is most important (and cool) about this is that it presents it as just a slice of life, nothing too noteworthy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:41 pm
Oh my yes!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:00 pm
ok - I guess I was enjoying myself too much (I get sucked into kids shows way too easily) - didn't notice anything particular about the portrait. That's mom, or something. Maybe it'll be on PBS West later? (I'll scroll through - on a What Not to Wear break).
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:32 am
hmmm
0 Replies