19 years old, seeking relationship advice

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 12:31 am
It all started this past summer. My friend and his girlfriend had been broken up for a while, and I started hanging out with his ex over the summer when I came back from college. It was unexpected, but we were friends before he had started dating her so.it wasn't really a big deal. We started hanging out everyday and did "couple things" quite often. She had always made "hints" towards me but I never wanted anything from it because I didn't want to make my friend mad at me. As the summer went on we saw eachother more and more and I became pretty attached. I was very close with her family and her father was a high school teacher of mine, so they loved me. We wold go to movies and putt putt and anything you could think of, so people started questioning where we stood. We always blew it off and said we were friends. Towards the end of the summer we got into an argument and I didn't talk to her until the day I left for college again. I got to college and I missed her so much. So we would plan weekends to go home and see eachother. During the first semester she got a boyfriend at her college. I was extremely jealous. But they dated for a month and she was single when she came home for Thanksgiving and we hung out. At this time me and her family went out to eat and her mother told me we should date and I was "mommy approved" which made this gs awkward in the car. We blew it off and didn't speak of it. Now it is Christmas break and we just spent the last two days together. I believe I'm in love with this girl. I want to treat her well and I always miss her. She has never had a good boyfriend and I want to be that, but I don't know if she just wants a friendship with me, or if she feels the same way as I do. She always wants to see me like I always want to see her, but it could be for different reasons. I could just be her best guy friend. I don't know if there's more to it though. I don't want to jeopardize a friendship if that is all this is. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 593 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 07:37 am
@Jesse1234,
Ask her out.
0 Replies

LucyElric

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 03:34 am
@Jesse1234,
Spots like this are always tricky. I'm currently dating someone who started out as a really good friend to me, too. What it really comes down to is taking a step forward and having the courage to discuss it between the two of you. It's risky, and scary. But sometimes it pays off, and if this girl really means a lot to you there's not better time to act than the present. One day it could be too late!
0 Replies