America's retaliation against Russian hacking.

layman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 08:38 pm
@layman,
Sometimes these cheese-eaters remind me of the time when some bombastic, braying bully was wildly gesturing in front of me, shouting that he was gunna "kick my ass."

I grabbed him by the shirt, and bashed his sorry face about 20-30 times. He finally managed to break free, ripping his shirt apart as he did.

Then he whined, in the most effeminate voice, " You....you held me!"

The import of his complaint was that it was just "no fair" to restrict his ability to harm me and/or to harm him. You can't "fight back." That just aint right. You can publicize Trump pussy-grabbing videos 24/7 and that's "only fair." But you're cheating if you tell the truth about us.

PS: For some damn reason, God only knows what, he wasn't so determined to kick my ass anymore. Instead he just slinked away, bleeding profusely. Go figure, eh?
RABEL222

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 08:47 pm
@layman,
Boy u are an impressive story teller. I am truly impressed and frightened. 20 or 30 times? I bet you dident even skin a knuckle.
layman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 08:55 pm
@RABEL222,
Well, truth be told, it might only have been 10-20 times, I didn't keep an exact count. That bastard is just lucky that I didn't take the time to slip on my brass knuckles first, know that I'm sayin?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 09:40 pm
@Frugal1,

Yeah, although her relations with Russia (and muslims) may have played a part, too, eh?

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:17 am
Hillary lost ALSO because of the Russians, among other reasons. The US has tried to influence other countries elections countless times, including in Russia, so it's only fair that the Russians hit back.

I think the big getaway is how easy it was to do. Putin rightly asked: Are the US a banana republic now?
Builder

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:46 am
Quite a thorough timeline of events leading up to the BS behind the claims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fat63bqvG8
Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:30 am
@Builder,
What BS are you talking about? The one the Russians are spreading through RT?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:34 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I think the big getaway is how easy it was to do.

In fact, the Russians told the whole of us an important lesson: in the post-NSA, post-Snowden era, ANY democracy can be hacked. Now what?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:58 am
The CSA (Central Stupidity Agency) is in for a very rude awakening in just about two weeks...
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 06:44 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Hillary lost ALSO because of the Russians, among other reasons.

The Russians had nothing to do with HRC being such a nasty bitch of a woman that nobody likes, not even Bill.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 06:51 am
@Frugal1,
It is a total non sequitur to claim that Clinton lost votes "because of the russians."

She understandably and rightfully lost votes because the Podesta email helped conclusively reveal just exactly who and what she is.

It's all about her, not the russians.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:07 am
Just last year a 15 year old kid hacked the FBI files and got the names of every FBI agent, undercover and otherwise. What does the FBI know about "cyber-security?" Not much, it seems.

According to John McAfee, who developed the well-known anti-virus software, it is impossible to say who hacked what.

As Trump said, during the campaign: "It could have been Russia. It could have been the Chinese. It could have been some 450 pound perv sitting on his bed in a basement somewhere."

The "high confidence" expressed by the DHS is totally unwarranted, according to at least some renowned experts in the field.

But as far as the election goes, that's totally irrelevant. What's relevant is that the emails were accurate, not "disinformation."
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:15 am
I can see this debate stretching out years with the same back and forth as the Iraq war debate, I think most in congress who have seen the classified version will continue to have hearings and all the intelligence agencies will continue to find out more on this and decisions made to counter act any future hacks in the future and in the end, that is what matters.

I personally don't think those hacks amounted to much and made too much of a difference, but that is just my opinion.
layman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:32 am
@revelette1,
As a country, we definitely need to do all we can to stop virtually every country on earth from hacking us at will. It's a SERIOUS concern--one that should have been at the forefront of the intelligence agenda a long time ago. Instead, NASA, et al, just focused on ways to hack others (including virtually every US citizen) not on ways to defend the country from hacking.
revelette1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:45 am
@layman,
Since I am not involved in any way with inner workings of what "they" focused on, I couldn't really say if they had not focused on it none at all in the past. Pretty sure Cyber security has been an issue for some time.

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:48 am
@revelette1,
Yes, Cyber security has been an issue for some time.
0bama and his administration decided a relaxed approach to ALL security was good for America.

Do you think their relaxed approach was a good one?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:10 am
@layman,
If I were CIO of America, There would be a government network of computers that can connect to each other and have NO connection to the "internet". Each user would also have 2 factor authentication. There is no reason for the Govt network to be on the "internet".
Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:21 am
@layman,
Layman, you used to be smarter than this. The content of the emails was totally irrelevant to anything. Nobody read any of them.

And yes, the Russians managed to influence a US election. It's no big deal, it's neither the first nor the last time, and it's not worth denying either. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The interesting question is: what to do about it? In a context where one team (or anybody else) can hack the servers of the other team, how to avoid a situation where hacking skills becomes the key determinent in any election?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:22 am
@McGentrix,
This network already exists, McGentrix.

The problem is that for most government workers, being disconnected from the Internet gets in the way of their jobs.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:31 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This network already exists, McGentrix.

The problem is that for most government workers, being disconnected from the Internet gets in the way of their jobs.

Baloney. The Govt is rife with wasteful and inefficient workers. If they can't do their jobs during a workday, then they aren't doing it right.

In special cases, they can setup encrypted lines that can be used by laptops to feed information that can then be transferred without a live connection to an internal network.
0 Replies