Ok, so I quit smoking!

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:38 am
I quit smoking 8 days ago and have kept it a secret because I just couldn't talk about it at first. This is the first time I've quit in 30 years and I will make sure it's my last. The first 3 days were the worst, but it's gotten better every day, except for today. Today was rough because after not recieving my child support for three weeks, I find out that my ex is running. I could have easily sat down with a pack of smokes and smoked the whole thing, but I didn't. I'm very proud of myself today for getting through such a tough day. Pats myself on the back :-D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,076 • Replies: 58
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:46 am
Thas a good girl...now run along, I gotta light up.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:49 am
LOL Panzade. Thanks for the support ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:23 am
Well done, Montana!!!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:26 am
(((((((Hugh Hug))))))))

Way to go Montana!!!

Joe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:28 am
Thanks you guys. This is a big thing for me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:30 am
I have long hair and since it doesn't end up smelling like smoke a few hours after I wash it, I end up smelling my hair all day, lol.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:35 am
Wait till you unpack your Spring clothes and wonder what's that smell?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:40 am
No kidding. I can't notice it yet, but I bet all my cloths smell like smoke. I hear it's not an easy thing to get rid of.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:50 am
Congratluations, Montana! Very Happy
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:58 am
Well done. I've been smoking for 10 years and have never managed to quit for longer than a few days. I admire anyone who quits.

One thing though, please don't turn into an ex-smoker anti-smoking Nazi, like some do, although I'm sure you're not that sort of person!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:59 am
Wow, Montana, That's SUPER!

You go, Girl!

Way to be strong!

And, all that good stuff.

If you feel something, it's me. I'm mentally patting you on the back right now.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:27 am
Stay strong, sister. If you want to do quit, you can. I quit on Nov. 2, 2001, after 27 years. I'd never tried to quit before because I was afraid of failing so when I finally did quit, failing was not an option.
Do not allow yourself to buy another pack of cigarettes. And don't let that ex of yours be the cause of you disappointing yourself.
HANG TOUGH. The cravings last for only a few minutes and they come less and less as each day passes.
As far as becoming a Nazi, my only thing is, I no longer allow smoking in my home. My motto: If I don't smoke in here, no one does.
Just imagine the money you're saving...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:51 am
Thanks Olga :-D

Grand Duke
No way would I ever become an anti-smoking Nazi. I have dealt with enough of those use to be smokers to last me a lifetime and I swear that I won't be one of them ;-)

Squinney
Awww!!! Thanks girl :-D

Eoe
Thanks a bunch. I won't become a Nazi either, but like yourself, I no longer allow smoking in my home or my car. No one that comes over smokes anyways, so it'll never even come up.
I have already done the math on the money I'll be saving and I decided to put that money in my savings to save for a new car that I really really want and need :-D
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:52 am
congratulations! that is one major achievement! deserves a big chocolate cake!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:07 pm
errr...watch the food, I ballooned when I quit, in fact I had to start back up to get to a healthy weight...lol
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:14 pm
Dag
Thanks and yummy :-D

Panzade
I'm already keeping an eye on that and watching myself. So far my appetite hasn't changed, so I hope it stays that way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:14 pm
I quit smoking ten or eleven years ago. As I quit drinking at nearly the same time and also changed my dietary habits, I actually lost about 50 pounds. It all depends on the individual. I don't miss any of it one bit.
I had been smoking from early childhood, when the adults smiled to see me break up butts into a home-made corncob pipe, to just over fifty years old.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:23 pm
Edgar
That's awesome. I also won't drink any alcohol for quite some time, since smoking goes real well with a drink. The temptation would just be too much. I also suspect I may lose some weight by cutting out the alcohol and because I'm more active than I was before. I keep myself busy all the time to keep my mind off of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:34 pm
Sounds good. Yugogirl.
0 Replies