LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 04:17 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Bobsal was off for a very long time before he appeared as Emmett Grogan, at least six months, any suspension for voting irregularities would have been served.

The voting irregularities resumed when Emmett Grogan reappeared. Conservative posts that would normally be voted down to around -4 suddenly started going down to -9.

izzythepush wrote:
What Bobsal allegedly did was nothing compared to what Oralloy is allowed to get away with. The horrible stuff he has printed about Meredith Kercher and her family is hate speech and would get him sent to jail if he'd published that over here. Yet deliberately trying to cause misery to those dealing with the murder of a loved one is perfectly acceptable.
It's still pretty rotten.

If it is illegal in the UK to truthfully denounce people who engage in horrible wrongdoing, that only shows how the US is the last free nation on earth.

I've heard there is a conservative minority in Australia that would like to restore freedom there. I hope they one day succeed. It is lonely being the only free country remaining on the planet.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 05:08 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I've heard there is a conservative minority in Australia that would like to restore freedom there.
The Government of the Commonwealth of Australia already is political alliance of centre-right liberal conservative parties.
But perhaps you mean Family First, part of the Christian right?
oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 05:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
But perhaps you mean Family First, part of the Christian right?

I was thinking of the people in Australia who wish to restore their gun rights.

It could be though that people who hold one of those positions, also holds the other. I tend to not pay much attention to religious values issues other than to note that politicians who adhere to them are often reliable conservative votes.
nimh

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 06:26 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Bobsal was off for a very long time before he appeared as Emmett Grogan, at least six months, any suspension for voting irregularities would have been served.

Depends on how extensive the abuse of it would have been. If he was suspended permanently, I imagine it doesn't matter how long ago it was.

izzythepush wrote:
What Bobsal allegedly did was nothing compared to what Oralloy is allowed to get away with.

Since we're just speculating here about how it might have been vote brigading, that seems like a rather confident statement about how bad "what Bobsal allegedly did" was.

izzythepush wrote:
The horrible stuff he has printed about Meredith Kercher and her family is hate speech and would get him sent to jail if he'd published that over here

I doubt that.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 07:29 am
@oralloy,
Family First is (was) a political party - they will merge (or merged already) with the (new) Australian Conservative Party in a new realignment on the very right of Australian politics.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 07:31 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm worried about Letty too. Anyone ever met her in person? Know her name and/or address?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 07:32 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
The horrible stuff he has printed about Meredith Kercher and her family is hate speech and would get him sent to jail if he'd published that over here

I doubt that.
Well, it certainly could be a discharge - absolute or conditional discharge, whatever the criminal record is.

(See: Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic Hate Crime - Prosecution Guidance)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 09:43 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
izzythepush wrote:

I doubt that.

You're either ignorant of our laws, of ignorant of the sort of person Oralloy is.

Quote:
Two people who sent abusive and menacing tweets to banknote campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez and Labour MP Stella Creasy have been jailed.

Isabella Sorley, 23, and John Nimmo, 25, posted dozens of abusive tweets against both women before they were arrested.

Senior district judge Howard Riddle jailed Sorley for 12 weeks and Nimmo for eight weeks as well as ordering them to pay £400 compensation to each victim.

What Oralloy said about the Kerchers was much worse.

I have Oralloy on ignore, and I'm not going to spend any more time talking to his delivery boy either.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 01:28 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I don't know what the reason for suspension was...

Which is the same for most of us. Unless the moderators tell us or inform the suspended party and they in turn release the information, we really don't know and can only make suppositions. In general it is kept quiet as to the reasoning (at least to the members at large).
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 01:40 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
If I stopped posting...

Of course there would likely still be mention of you, including guesses as to whether a new member was actually you.

It baffles me that any discussion about ethereal posters might not just offer the thought that someone just got tired of the combative, pugnacious posting that has been seen. If we accept outgrowing childhood behaviors, why not outgrowing less than mature behavior?

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 02:47 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You're either ignorant of our laws, of ignorant of the sort of person Oralloy is.

Quote:
Two people who sent abusive and menacing tweets to banknote campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez and Labour MP Stella Creasy have been jailed.

Isabella Sorley, 23, and John Nimmo, 25, posted dozens of abusive tweets against both women before they were arrested.

Senior district judge Howard Riddle jailed Sorley for 12 weeks and Nimmo for eight weeks as well as ordering them to pay £400 compensation to each victim.

Well, if you're right, you're right. But wouldn't the abusive messages have had to be addressed *to* the person in question, at least?

Googling the text you quoted, it seems like it - and it also seems like the messages in question went beyond what Oralloy has posted here (as far as I know):

Quote:
A ''Twitter troll'' has been jailed for 18 weeks for bombarding a Labour MP with abusive messages after she supported a successful campaign to put Jane Austen on the £10 note.

Peter Nunn, 33, from Bristol, retweeted ''menacing'' posts threatening to rape Stella Creasy, MP for Walthamstow [..]

Earlier this year Isabella Sorley, 23, and John Nimmo, 25, admitted sending rape and murder threats to Ms Criado-Perez

All of this is of course of limited relevance anyway, since this website is not governed by UK law (and UK law is famously strict on matters of libel, speech, etc, whereas US law famously tends toward the opposite end).
oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 08:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, it certainly could be a discharge - absolute or conditional discharge, whatever the criminal record is.

(See: Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic Hate Crime - Prosecution Guidance)

What do homosexuality or transgender issues have to do with Kerchers?

I thought I knew everything about the case. Is there something I missed?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 08:03 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
(and UK law is famously strict on matters of libel, speech, etc, whereas US law famously tends toward the opposite end).

The UK slandered Amanda relentlessly. They have no claim to moral superiority when it comes to libel. And then they turn around and piously whine that it is somehow out of bounds if anyone politely states that the Kerchers were wrong to try to cover up evidence.

They're just a bunch of slimy hypocrites who are crying because I stood up to their hatemongering.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 08:29 pm
@oralloy,
You are the epitome of hate-mongering, your picture is on page 381 of my battered copy of Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary (1969). I have about 7 more dictionaries published between 1917 and 2011, haven't checked every one of them yet, but I'll wager your picture shows up in all of them.
oralloy

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 09:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Don't be silly. All I ever do is tell the truth and defend the innocent.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 12:15 am
@nimh,
Quote:
A 'Twitter troll'' has been jailed for 18 weeks for bombarding a Labour MP with abusive messages after she supported a successful campaign to put Jane Austen on the £10 note.

Peter Nunn, 33, from Bristol, retweeted ''menacing'' posts threatening to rape Stella Creasy, MP for Walthamstow

WTF is wrong with some people? Next thing you know they'll threaten to rape the queen because they don't like her hats.

Quote:
All of this is of course of limited relevance anyway, since this website is not governed by UK law 

As long as it is accessible from the UK, i think the UK can litigate against a2k (not against Oral though), like Germany did with Facebook recently.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 03:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
As long as it is accessible from the UK, i think the UK can litigate against a2k (not against Oral though), like Germany did with Facebook recently

So any nation on earth can apply it laws to an American company on the internet?

Would made an interesting world with such nations as Russia ,China and NK and so on controlling the content of American websites.

Facebook have business relationships with the EU that I do not think that it the same thing as Able2Know just to start with.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 03:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Would made an interesting world with such nations as Russia ,China and NK and so on controlling the content of American websites.

I think this might qualify as a nomination for the "No **** Sherlock" award
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 06:09 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
All of this is of course of limited relevance anyway, since this website is not governed by UK law (and UK law is famously strict on matters of libel, speech, etc, whereas US law famously tends toward the opposite end).

it's had an impact on my use of the site

IT let me know a few years ago that posts by certain posters were being caught by the hate language filter. I had to put them on ignore to be able to continue to read the site on work equipment (which is allowed). More recently it picked up faux news/hate mongering sites on something a colleague was reading - they blocked the pages/sites and sent out a notice.
BillW

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:56 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, Too bad that IT hate language filter wouldn't work on tRump. His political correct speech is so perfect, his reply to questions about what he means by such and such comment is that his supporters know what he is saying. As if, all the rest of us are to ignorant to be able to decipher it. Then, could Great Britain arrest him if IT nailed him?
0 Replies