LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
Uh oh! When can he return?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:56 am
@glitterbag,
I think it's three months. It's pretty rotten. He was suspended for using a sockpuppet, but he made a bet with Guijohn to stop posting as Bobsal and if he was to return under another name he couldn't say who he was. He stuck to those terms but people twigged who it was and reported him.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Some of our fellow members have delicate constitutions. Bless their hearts. (By the way, do you know what it really means when folks say that?)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 02:23 pm
@glitterbag,
II think so.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 02:26 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Some of our fellow members have delicate constitutions. Bless their hearts. (By the way, do you know what it really means when folks say that?)

To take a "constitutional" is to take a "****". So, I guess it is chronic irregular bowel syndrome.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 04:40 pm
@Nark Mobble,
Nark Mobble wrote:
Where's Emmett Grogan?

It looks like he's posting with his Nark Mobble sockpuppet, which like many of Bobsal's sockpuppets is a parody of the ID of another poster (in this case Mark Noble).

Back in the bad old days of tag abuse, Bobsal used this account to make outrageous tag attacks against conservative threads. We (the a2k conservatives who were then under attack) identified a bunch of Bobsal's sockpuppets by noticing that they were all making tag attacks identical to the ones that Bobsal was making.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 04:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I think it's three months. It's pretty rotten. He was suspended for using a sockpuppet, but he made a bet with Guijohn to stop posting as Bobsal and if he was to return under another name he couldn't say who he was. He stuck to those terms but people twigged who it was and reported him.

I don't know what the reason for the suspension was, but I would be very surprised if he was suspended for switching from Bobsal to Grogan. Lots of members have switched IDs like that before with no problem.

I do know however that Bobsal uses his multiple accounts to place multiple vote downs on conservative posts. I am frequently a victim of his attacks. If he got caught doing that he likely would have been suspended.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 04:54 pm
@BillW,
Not the delicate constitution part, it's the 'well bless her heart' part. Holy crap, American English regional dialects don't always translate very well.
BillW

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 08:13 pm
@glitterbag,
maybe it should be "Well Bless her darling colon!" Shocked Razz Twisted Evil
glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 08:23 pm
@BillW,
Maybe we should invent a term for that, but the whole flavor of 'well bless his heart' can be stated as such : two southern women talking to each other about a neighbor might say, "well, she started drinking heavy when her momma was carrying on with the mailman, bless her heart". Maybe this is better, "she never could hold a man very long because of all those big ol moles on her face, bless her heart." (Forget grammer for this whole 'bless her heart'. If you use correct grammar is doesn't sing quite as well.
BillW

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 09:12 pm
@glitterbag,
It ate her lunch.....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 07:04 am
@glitterbag,
Bless her cotton socks.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:54 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
To take a "constitutional" is to take a "****". So, I guess it is chronic irregular bowel syndrome.

Maybe it means that where you come from, but among English people it means to take a stroll or walk for your health's sake.
BillW

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:48 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

BillW wrote:

Maybe it means that where you come from, but among English people it means to take a stroll or walk for your health's sake.

Here is one explanation I saw:
"
It also frequently refers to a morning bowel movement. Its a euphemism for a bowel movement. (From a time when using the bathroom meant going for a walk to the outhouse--the original meaning was still "going for a walk", but this idea was used in the euphemism for going to the bathroom.)
"
Use of outhouses regularly is only one generation before me.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:01 pm
@BillW,
A former colleague used to say she was going around the corner. It meant she was going to fart - and was hoping to get away from her desk before she did. Damn cabbage soup diet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:03 pm
Lots of folks I grew up around often spoke of going to 'see a man about a horse,' for going to the toilet.
Foofie

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:44 pm
@msolga,
If I stopped posting, I believe that many would not want to "look a gift horse in the mouth." And, I don't want to get maudlin over strangers who stop giving their opinion on a topic.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:50 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
If I stopped posting...

Of course there would likely still be mention of you, including guesses as to whether a new member was actually you.
nimh

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 02:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Like Oralloy said, lots of users have switched accounts over time. But looking at the A2K rules, they specify that it's "not okay to use an alt account to circumvent a suspension and this will result in an additional suspension". So if Bobsal's alts are being suspended, it might suggest that his original account was also suspended -- and its disappearance was about more than just a lost bet.

If Oralloy is right that Bobsal used "his multiple accounts to place multiple vote downs" on posts he didn't like, that could have done the trick, judging on this bit in the rules:

Quote:
No voting abuse, begging for (down)votes, vote brigading or using fake accounts to add extra (down)votes.

Vote drama is not welcome either (e.g. mass downvoting a user you're feuding with, or complaining at length about voting). Voting abuse will periodically be reviewed and users guilty of it will either be suspended or will have their votes stop counting.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:52 pm
@nimh,
Bobsal was off for a very long time before he appeared as Emmett Grogan, at least six months, any suspension for voting irregularities would have been served.

What Bobsal allegedly did was nothing compared to what Oralloy is allowed to get away with. The horrible stuff he has printed about Meredith Kercher and her family is hate speech and would get him sent to jail if he'd published that over here. Yet deliberately trying to cause misery to those dealing with the murder of a loved one is perfectly acceptable.

It's still pretty rotten.