Wife or Cohabitant?

mac11

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:38 pm
I was definitely born a pink rose. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:39 pm
panzade you saw right through me haha. Yeppy i was born in Mainland. R U Chinese as well? Familiar with us?

Anyway I don't think even Chinese people have the generalisations anymore. Pink roses are blossoming everywhere to fit in the track of the new world.........

I brought up this discussion not because I agree to it, just thought it's interesting. I mean, you choose white rose you regret, you choose red rose you regret. What happens if a pink rose comes? Would you be happy? Would the rose be happy?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:40 pm
I think the point of this passage is not about women but about the fact that humans will never be completely satisfied with what they have. Always coveting, always wanting....

I think people are born who they are. But yeah, if you love someone you sometimes do things or try things you normally wouldn't. (A loving partner wouldn't make you do anything you felt uncomfortable with though)

Some women are more the "white rose" and some are more the "red rose" but the point I am making is that this is not universally true. And a man who marries a white but wants a red is asking for trouble.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:41 pm
OK. If you are born a pink rose and in life you meet a man who wants solitude, and solitude only. Would you turn into a white rose for him? Or in the other way, if a man wants extreme would you turn into a red rose for him? Under the condition that he loves you and you love him?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:42 pm
mac11 wrote:
I was definitely born a pink rose. Very Happy

me too. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:43 pm
Kristie wrote:
And a man who marries a white but wants a red is asking for trouble.

Ha! That is so true. Especially when the matter comes to the hand of a pink rose.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:47 pm
you know, it just dawned on me.....maybe there is some amount of truth to this. However, I'd say it goes both ways....men and women. Almost all women want that bad boy early in their lives...some women don't outgrow that.

Maybe that is why divorce is so high...peoples twisted perception of what a husband or wife should be. Hm. Interesting.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:49 pm
Very good point Kristie. People's opinions change throughout life and get influenced by their experience or others. And people tend to get bored with something (someone) after a long time.......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
You just follow the posts of Kristie and Phoenix, debra-law and Paula, dlowan,piffka,littlek,lash, doglover,Letty and Noddy,PP, sozobe and countless other women and you will see empowered women who hold their own in this forum and who's diverse views enrich all of A2K.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
And eoe, and eve...and...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:53 pm
The male equivalent would be "The Knight on the white charger"
Or , "The Knight in a Buick station wagon"
0 Replies

Rosslyn

I can see that........ well but people are more likely to say what they want or wish on the Internet because of your hidden true identity. I personally wouldn't say what i've said publicly or to my friends. Though maybe I should.

Anyway...... it's getting late here in U.K. So Good-bye everyone! It's a lovely forum, and I will come again if I can. Lovely discussing with you panzade and Kristie. ANd I assume you are a man, panzade?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

panzade wrote:
You just follow the posts of Kristie and Phoenix, debra-law and Paula, dlowan,piffka,littlek,lash, doglover,Letty and Noddy,PP, sozobe and countless other women and you will see empowered women who hold their own in this forum and who's diverse views enrich all of A2K.

thanks.... :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:54 pm
Fairies under your pillow Rosslyn,

you know what happens when you assume...
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:55 pm
er i don't actually. wot happens when you assume? that an American saying?

- Good night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite........

Sweet dreams everybody!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:57 pm
Laughing

Is that just american? I suppose it is...where did that come from? A movie? Or just some smart ass who has now damned the word assume for eternity?
Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:59 pm
There is an old wive's tale that says if a man gives you white roses, he will be unfaithful.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:59 pm
panzade wrote:
The male equivalent would be "The Knight on the white charger"
Or , "The Knight in a Buick station wagon"

Exclamation Exclamation This reminds me of something my husband said the other day...good god...we were driving home from the mall and he said, "maybe our next vehicle shoud be a mini-van". Just all casual and like, "hey let's get a pizza for dinner tonight." We don't have kids yet but in that moment I realized that he was no longer a boy but a man. :wink:
Laughing I almost peed my pants. A mini van....sheesh.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:00 pm
cavfancier wrote:
There is an old wive's tale that says if a man gives you white roses, he will be unfaithful.

What if you don't get roses at all? What do other flowers mean?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:03 pm
Ok girl, start girding those loins...
0 Replies