[Classic] Your Views On Life After Death

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 04:16 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I have provided evidence you are too blind to see. Taunting throughout has not made your ghost arguments more forceful.

I've made no ghost arguments...and resorting to lying is gonna make you look like even more of a fool.

As for your comment: "I have provided evidence you are too blind to see"...well...that is exactly what the Christians say to me when they are boxed in a corner.

Wake up, Edgar.

All you are doing is guessing about the unknown...just like the Christians. And just like the Christians...you cannot bring yourself to face the fact that your "beliefs" are nothing but guesses.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 04:31 am
I don't intend to engage in "Is too/Is not" type of arguing. Calling someone a fool over it is not going to change the outcome. Sorry, Frank. It's over. Accept your defeat gracefully, please.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 04:38 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I don't intend to engage in "Is too/Is not" type of arguing. Calling someone a fool over it is not going to change the outcome. Sorry, Frank. It's over. Accept your defeat gracefully, please.

Nice try, Edgar.

A bit like Nixon pulling out of Vietnam and declaring victory.

You have not provided even a tiny bit of evidence that you truly know what the REALITY of existence is...and like your theistic brothers, you continue to tout your guesses about reality as fact.

And like them...you continue to pretend that it is someone else's fault that they cannot see "the wisdom and truth" of what you assert.

It is you, Edgar, who ought to accept that you have made a fool of yourself in this thread. (We don't have wins or defeats on these kinds of issues!)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:01 am
You have all the fervor and the same arguments as the deists, Frank. Sadly, you have the same limitation of vision. Not much I can do for you. Adios; see you on other threads. You can reply to cover your trail if you like - I won't be here.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:34 am
edgarblythe wrote:
You have all the fervor and the same arguments as the deists, Frank. Sadly, you have the same limitation of vision. Not much I can do for you. Adios; see you on other threads. You can reply to cover your trail if you like - I won't be here.

Yep...you claimed you were going several times in this thread already...and you haven't gone yet. You're not very reliable.

My guess is that you will read this.

Not much I can do for you, either, Edgar. Like the theists...you want to pretend you know answer it is obvious you do not know...and like theists, you bristle at the thought of anyone suggesting that you are not in possession of this supposed knowledge.

This has been a sad affair, Edgar. I never thought you would make such a fool of yourself...or that you would be so stone-headed in insisting you know stuff you obviously don't.

But...you believers are a strange lot...whether you are believing there is a God or believing there are no gods. If only both sides would gain the common sense and self-assurance to simply acknowledge that there are some things we do not know for certain...and leave it at that. Or at least...offer opinions and guesses as opinions and guesses...rather than trying to pawn the opinions and guesses off as facts.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:20 am
Frank that is EXACTLY my point.

you two should ONLY give opinions in this thread so STOP giving FACTS or so called EVIDENCES...!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:38 am
Rosslyn wrote:
Frank that is EXACTLY my point.

you two should ONLY give opinions in this thread so STOP giving FACTS or so called EVIDENCES...!

I have been giving OPINIONS. Edgar has been giving what he calls "facts."

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for...or giving...evidence. I am not sure why you suggest it should not be offered or requested...but I think you are way off base.

In any case, I have attempted to engage in your thread reasonably...and that is what is expected of me. Your attempts to micro-manage your thread is out of line.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 07:47 am
I have to disagree with Rosslyn. On a forum such as this we post as we feel compelled to post. It is our right and as I view it a duty.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 07:56 am
I think the transition back to all understanding and knowing of ones self should be interesting.I just hope that when you die your given some free time to explore earth via time. Go back to see when your parents conceived you....what happened to your family 25, 55,80 168 years down the road then hop up ti 513 and then 798 years from today then for sear contrast pop back to where you were in your heritage when sodom and ghamorra were happening places.

Joseph campbell said the people of the equator who spent a great deal of time in nature and hense that was the god wondered about our god like this" We feel so sorry for your GOD,he must be old and frail , stuck in that church not exposed to the elements a weak GOD indeed , where our GOD is here among us in the wind and rain and earth and beasts. And we depend on all of this in harmony to exist and we feeel and experience this god and keep our harmony within it'd dialogue and thus have maintained a relationship with the devine. OK so I adlibed a bit there...but basically thats the thought process.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 12:32 pm
OK. Let me try once again to make myself clear.

I'm not trying to manage my thread or anything. I just don't see any point in arguing for something without proof. What's the point in you asking Eb for evidence? Any evidence is lame. It can be easily contradicted, or viewed differently.

Therefore I don't think you two should take this thread about the afterlife and make it into whether God exists or not. That is a far more complicated debate and I don't think I have the capacity in my head for it.

I'm sorry if I have offended any of you. i am new here, you see.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 01:39 pm
Rosslyn wrote:
OK. Let me try once again to make myself clear.

I'm not trying to manage my thread or anything. I just don't see any point in arguing for something without proof. What's the point in you asking Eb for evidence? Any evidence is lame. It can be easily contradicted, or viewed differently.

I agree...which was my point.

Quote:
Therefore I don't think you two should take this thread about the afterlife and make it into whether God exists or not.

We didn't. We discussed whether or not one can know anything about an afterlife...or a lack of any afterlife.

Quote:
That is a far more complicated debate and I don't think I have the capacity in my head for it.

It also is a debate that Edgar and I have been having for about 4 years now in various threads....and on various particulars.

Quote:
I'm sorry if I have offended any of you.

Well you didn't offend me...and I doubt seriously if you offended Edgar.

He's set in his atheistic thinking...and I am a cranky old agnostic...so occasionally we cross swords.

You just happened to run into it.

Quote:
i am new here, you see.

Ahhh...that's why! :wink:
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:09 am
Ah huh... (awkward + hallow laugh)

I guess I am very unfortunate then... to run into your swords-crossing events.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:26 am
No offense intended Rosslyn, but the topics of God and life after death generally overlap. I avoid most of the religion/spirituality threads as much as possible, because most people have their heads set in stone. I just happened to get caught up in this one because there were not a lot of posters using high blown rhetoric as on most and I genuinely wanted Frank to take a taste of reality. Sorry you got caught up in it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:44 am
Rosslyn, being protective of your thread is common among newcomers and I certainly used to be miffed when my threads were"derailed".

But threads are like little children; obedient when they're young, running amuck in their teens. And then they finally leave you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:54 am
edgarblythe wrote:
No offense intended Rosslyn, but the topics of God and life after death generally overlap. I avoid most of the religion/spirituality threads as much as possible, because most people have their heads set in stone. I just happened to get caught up in this one because there were not a lot of posters using high blown rhetoric as on most and I genuinely wanted Frank to take a taste of reality. Sorry you got caught up in it.

And I was genuinely trying to explain to Edgar that his "taste of reality" was merely the other side of the theists coin...and was not truly reality.

But as he noted...some people have their heads set in stone...and insist they KNOW what the REALITY is. The theists KNOW there is a God...and Edgar KNOWS there are no gods.

Every indication (AS YOU REALIZE, ROSSLYN)...is that neither side KNOWS what the REALITY is.

That is what I was trying to explain to Edgar. I was just trying to give him a taste of reality.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:19 am
And I was - Oh, skip it.

(For now)
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 10:27 am
I must admit I enjoy very much to see you too arguing, not crossing swords.

Panzade.... I must confess I am a terrible mother of my children. Cannot control it whether with candy or violence...
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 09:17 am
Many interesting theories.

No concrete conclusions.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/experts01.html#theory1
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 09:39 am
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

We are a very lucky people...those of us who regularly inhabit the cyber world.
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:39 pm
tru dat, frank!
0 Replies