[Classic] Your Views On Life After Death

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 01:56 pm
Don't know if this has been discussed before but er.... here I am starting it again.

Personally I believe in Karma, (i'm not buddhist by the way) and that your consciousness goes into another body after u die. Don't believe in heaven or wings + harps or eating philodophia. What about you guys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,420 • Replies: 139
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 01:58 pm
i've discussed this before...I believe life ends like a bug hitting a windshield. That's all folks, so you'd better do good now while ya got a chance.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:15 pm
Sorry if i restarted a dead topic. But one's opinion change throughout time right?

Panzade I don't think you've actually answered the question. WHat you are saying is that when you die it's like when a bug dies. So what happens when a bug die?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:17 pm
we don't know do we? Have you ever had communication with a bug that died?
I'm not being silly here...just trying to answer your questions
0 Replies

Rhamag

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
Hello Rosslyn & Panzade. I would like to believe that there is more to follow after we die, but without any evidence, I find it hard. I do not know what form an afterlife would take, so until the time comes for me to die, I will try to enjoy my life as much as possible!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:25 pm
Not a dead topic Rosslyn...very alive.
Rhamag welcome to A2K. We are much alike.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:28 pm
Enjoy your life as much as you can is one way, letting it all go is another way........

Panzade you post too quick. I can't keep up! Argh! ANd I'm new!
0 Replies

Rhamag

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:38 pm
Thank you Panzade for your welcome.

I have just laughed at the maybe unintentional pun of a "dead topic", given the subject matter.

There is in my mind a strange but compelling link in this subject between religion and science. Biology and physics cannot provide any evidence for a life after death, but human nature, and by consequence religion, almost demands a life after death, as many people seem to feel "robbed" by the apparent briefness of their time on this planet. Science can answer many questions that religion cannot - the creation of the Earth, for one - and religion can answer those that science cannot. I however cannot make my mind up on who is right? Maybe some of both camps?
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:45 pm
Can the creation for Earth answered by Science? How can everything comes out all of a sudden? How would science explain the big bang?
0 Replies

Rhamag

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
Science can explain that the Earth was created from a lump of molten material that did not quite get sucked into the Sun. It can explain the formation of moons, planets, stars, galaxies. It can rewind time back billions of years to a point in time less than 1/millionth of a second after the Big Bang. What it cannot say however is why the Big Bang happened, and where the material came from.

Which is maybe where Religion comes in?
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:57 pm
Exactly. I personally think religion is to fill our curiosities of what we don't know and give us a good night's sleep because we now know a reason why we are here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:59 pm
I've always been fascinated by the similarities between atoms, solar systems, and galaxies. Could it be we are simply part of a much larger structure, or being? Are we a cancer?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:10 pm
I like that concept cj...
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 04:12 am
Not cancer.... that's disturbing. A small cell in a large body's more like it. But that's disturbing too....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:09 am
It appears that nobody KNOWS...and it appears that any guesses about it are based on damn near nothing.

Gotta live with that!
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:09 am
That's the scary thing isn't it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:40 am
I consider the notion of life after death a construct of the human imagination. I see no reason at all to bel;ieve in any form of it.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:57 pm
Perhaps the appropriate time to wonder about a future world is after we come to understand the world we have.

Frank is right, of course; none of us know. But my personal opinion is the same as edgar's.

We humans believe in an afterlife because we can scarcely endure the thought of our own non-existence; and yet, when we imagine a universe in which we are not the focal point, the idea of our immortality becomes absurd, I think.
0 Replies

Sign Related

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 04:23 pm
To the life after death I dont think that what all was there to the previous life would even matter.

If we have souls, which I think we do, I think there is a cosmic order to them to where they go nest and what next they become. There aint any chaos about it.

I think when the soul is without a body with a functioning mind it goes dorment (meaning, it'll have no consciousness).

During such a stage is when the cosmos takes over in making the soul no longer be as what it once was.

Once the soul is given authority over another body with a functioning mind (who knows where and when that is) on stand by for a soul, it'll then come to conscousness as a living self.

There could be a day, hour, minute, and sec where the cosmos of this section, in general, removes the souls from all physical bodies and takes them each elsewhere to place them into some other, newer form. If this is so, it'll be on date (March 9th 2005) I've been informed of by various signs. Well, you never know. Anything is possble. If existence exists then indeed anything is universally cosmically possible.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:19 am
I appreciate what Edgar and Greyfan are saying...

...Edgar
Quote:
I consider the notion of life after death a construct of the human imagination. I see no reason at all to bel;ieve in any form of it.

...Greyfan
Quote:
Frank is right, of course; none of us know. But my personal opinion is the same as edgar's.

We humans believe in an afterlife because we can scarcely endure the thought of our own non-existence; and yet, when we imagine a universe in which we are not the focal point, the idea of our immortality becomes absurd, I think.

...but I would be remiss if I didn't at least say...

...guesses that we have a afterlife and guesses that no afterlife exists...

...ultimately are both guesses...and either may be right or wrong.

Considering the evidence we have which tends to lead in either direction...one is as likely as the other.

Too much insistance in either direction...simply takes the focus of the "I do not know"...and in so doing, lessens the credibility of the message.
0 Replies