[Classic] Your Views On Life After Death

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:23 pm
Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:31 pm
When I was a child I dwelt on childish things. When I became a man I dwelt on grown up stuff. No more boogey man under the bed, no more Easter Bunny .. It's all a part of maturing.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:14 am
I kinda agree with you Frank. You can say what you THINK is out there or why we are here or whatever. But I do pity these who insists on they KNOW what is out there. No proof, no anything. I wouldn't chuckle though.... Shake my head silently and walk away is more like it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:50 am
walk away, pockets full of delusions ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 06:07 am
Now I'm an object of pity. I notice the more I resist deist and I-don't-know arguments the more personal the attacks.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 06:12 am
A crusader's life can be lonely.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 06:28 am
We still havent understood what the life is. Then It will be luxury to think of the death . :wink:
(It is other's opinion and i quite agree with it.)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 06:31 am
I agree JB
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:55 am
Rosslyn wrote:
I kinda agree with you Frank. You can say what you THINK is out there or why we are here or whatever. But I do pity these who insists on they KNOW what is out there. No proof, no anything. I wouldn't chuckle though.... Shake my head silently and walk away is more like it.

I guess some people think that if you call them on their guesses...whether they are guessing there are gods...or whether they are guessing there are no gods...

...you are somehow attacking them personally.

I guess that is because believers...which of course includes people who believe there is a God and people who believe there are no gods....

...are basically insecure.

They really fear acknowledging that they don't know...what they don't know...and they willl stand by their guesses as though there are (you will excuse the expression) gospel!

I guess walking away works...but chuckling is more fun.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 11:19 am
I referred only to the remark that I am to be pitied for my view, nothing else, so far. More later after I get home.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 12:18 pm
Oh dear. Did I sound like I was attacking those (or you Edgarblythe) personally? I'm sorry.... Didn't intend to.

We all can have different beliefs. It's our choice and neither of us can prove the other wrong, so there's no point in personal attacks, right? 'cos if I attack these who believe in God personally I would have been pitiful as well cos I'm insisting on what I believe is true.

I apologise Edgarblythe (god do you have a short for that name?! my tongue keeps tieing up in a knot) if i have offended you or anybody else....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:10 pm
No biggie, rosslyn. I just don't see how the word "pity" can enter into a discussion of this sort. I certainly don't pity Frank for being so persistently wrong. I don't even chuckle when he says such ridiculous things as he does on this thread. That's because I prefer to focus on the issue, not the person. (hard to do when the opponent is a great guy like Frank Apisa). Anyway, you could call me eb or edgar if you wish. Ya doesn't have ta call me Ray, however.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:23 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
No biggie, rosslyn. I just don't see how the word "pity" can enter into a discussion of this sort. I certainly don't pity Frank for being so persistently wrong.

Nope..this is more than just getting the last word!!!

Can't allow that.

Why are you being so pig-headed, Edgar, when you know very well that you are entirely WRONG in this matter?

You claim that I am wronog.

But my take on this is that I do not know what the REALITY of existence is.

How can I be wrong?

I do not know whether there is a God...or if there are gods...or if there are no gods. I don't know what the REALITY is on that issue.

I suspect you don't know either, Edgar, but you claim that you do.

You have never provided so much as one tiny bit of evidence that you, in fact, do know what the REALITY is....and just about everything you've ever mentioned on this issue is presented as a guess...your "feelings" about it.

Why don't you get off it...or at least stop discussing the issue if you cannot do it ethically?

If you KNOW what the REALITY of existence is...a mystery that geniuses throughout history have labored over...present your evidence...or stop the silliness.

You are beginning to look like a fool.

I'm not trying to be rude, Edgar, but just as you think I am a great guy...I think you are a great guy...and I would like to stop you from further embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:28 pm
You are not wrong to admit you don't know, Frank. You are wrong to say I am wrong is all.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
You are not wrong to admit you don't know, Frank. You are wrong to say I am wrong is all.

I doubt that...but trying to get through the concrete in your head is probably beyond my abilities.

Not that I won't keep trying, of course.

Once again, Edgar, if you do KNOW the REALITY...tell us about how you know it.

Hey, it is a monumental problem that has defied the very best brains the Earth has ever produced. I'm interested in how you managed to discover the answers that have evaded so many previously.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:28 pm
I am not alone, just a distinct minority. I haven't the time to write a longer response just now. I only stopped in here while refreshing my brain as I work on a new short story.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:58 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I am not alone, just a distinct minority. I haven't the time to write a longer response just now. I only stopped in here while refreshing my brain as I work on a new short story.

No problem.

Take your time.

But at some point...since you insist you KNOW the nature of REALITY...please give us some of the evidence for this.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:59 pm
I know the nature of reality. So stop fighting with each other.

There's a large geodesic dome in Finland where a copy of the Encyclopedia Britanica appears once each 70 years, and the encyclopedia says,

"Lacerations lacerations porous bags of matter never matter." Only she doesn't say it with words. She says it with flavors. And then a small anthill walks out of the dome and grows until it encompasses the space of 27 volvos.

Everything is quiet, except the Mariachi/Death Metal band who play sweet lulabies about 10.333 winged pilot lights swimming in the snow.

Out of the bowels of Britannica crawls the letter 7 and he says, "Get on down you Yankees!"

Sirens blare and trillions of bags of flours gyrate down an infinitely circular fire pole. The ants come marching two by two and eat the flour, each bag melting into nothingness.

So when you die, be prepared for the big day. If you want to be the first flour bag in line, of which there are millions, you must every day go outside into the middle of a populated neighborhood, clothed only in tattered grocery bags, and scream until your throat feels like fire ants have invaded it and taken permanent residence:

"FLOUR BAGS AND ANTS AND ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANICA AND CHOCOLATE MINT RIPPLE AND FINLAND LOVE YOU! LOVE THEM BACK! LOVE THEM BAAAAAAAAACK!"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:02 pm
A bit arcane, but hey, to each his own.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:07 am
edgarblythe wrote:

Agree, Eb. (Dat's much better) It isn't a matter of right and wrong.... it's just personal opinions, not facts. So I don't think there's any point in fighting. I started this topic because I wanted to hear other people's voices.... Other people's opinions. To stop myself from blind-faith. I can see where both of your opinions come from, and I appreciate that, and I can't say whether either of you is wrong cos there is no such thing as right and wrong when it comes to the unknown.... yes?
0 Replies