[Classic] Your Views On Life After Death

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
The existence or not of god, of the afterlife, has been covered. Anybody who can follow the scenario can tell they do not exist. Only those caught up in a circle of meaningless mind games will fail to see it. (Not covering certain religious folk who will never even look there). Face it, Frank; you are all about proving the negative, not seeking truth.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:50 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The existence or not of god, of the afterlife, has been covered. Anybody who can follow the scenario can tell they do not exist. Only those caught up in a circle of meaningless mind games will fail to see it. (Not covering certain religious folk who will never even look there). Face it, Frank; you are all about proving the negative, not seeking truth.

That last sentence is your convenient way of avoiding giving any evidence.

FACT IS: Theists claim they KNOW the nature of the REALITY of existence. They claim that a God exists.

Atheists like you claim they KNOW the nature of the REALITY of existence. You claim there are no gods.

Both of your are asserting positive statements about what the nature of the REALITY of existence.

And it is obvious to anyone except those theists and atheists who willfully refuse to see it...that you both are guessing.

Using the silly logic you are using...one would have to say:

Well...there are many reasons why people want to "believe" there are aliens...intelligent beings on other planets in our universe...and it is obvious that many people, as a result of those reasons, pretend that they have encountered those beings...who, they say, have journyed to Earth to abduct some of us.

But no real proof of any aliens exist...therefore THERE ARE NO OTHER LIVING BEINGS ANYWHERE IN OUR UNIVERSE.

Edgar...all one could say about alien beings based on that lack of evidence...is that there is no real, meaningful evidence of alien life elsewhere at this time.

We do not know whether there actually is or isn't.

Based on the lack of evidence that you have noted...all we can conclude is that the evidence is lacking. Not that the lack of evidence is evidence that there are no gods.

And no matter how much you try to pretend that your position is superior or more logical than mine on this issue...the fact remains that it is not.

Sorry that is bothering you so much that you are prepared to make a fool of yourself over it...but that's the way things go sometimes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 04:43 am
Biggest fact of them all: Difference between atheists, deists/agnostics, we have the physical and mental sciences on our side. Deists/agnostics have word games.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:45 am
Death is the end.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:01 am
Salute, Wilso.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:51 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Biggest fact of them all: Difference between atheists, deists/agnostics, we have the physical and mental sciences on our side.

No you don't...and as a matter of fact, we agnostics have science on our side.

Theists and atheists are "believers." Theists "believe" there is a God...and atheists "believe" there are no gods.

Both are believers!

Both are guessers about the unknown.

But I can see that Edgar is having lots of trouble dealing with that.

Too bad!

Wise up...acknowledge that you do not know.

It'll be good for you.

And maybe it will even stop you from trying to make a belief system like atheism (the way you practice it) seem more logical than agnosticism.

Boy I am really enjoying this.
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:54 am
I think the confusion comes when we call it 'life' after death. I think it is something totally different, with the potential to exist on many different levels.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
I have no trouble dealing with the truth, unlike agnostics and deists. I hope you do enjoy going down in flames. The crux of your argument seems to be Is to/Is not. Lots of facts and info there. Only proof of the negative will do it for you, which is as I said already a mind game.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:20 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I have no trouble dealing with the truth, unlike agnostics and deists. I hope you do enjoy going down in flames. The crux of your argument seems to be Is to/Is not. Lots of facts and info there. Only proof of the negative will do it for you, which is as I said already a mind game.

I am not asking for proof of a negative...that is merely your way of trying to get out from under the onus of having to substantiate your assertion that you know what the REALITY of existence is...and that it does not include any gods.

But you are intent on making a fool of yourself...rather than giving up on this silly non-argument of yours.

If you ever do decide to produce any evidence of your assertion...I'll be here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:26 pm
I have laid out a bare bones scenario of what science has shown to be true. Anybody who accepts the history of humans and life on the planet can see the proof no gods exist. It is there. That you want to be foolish enough to equate these things on an equal level with products of the imagination is your own failing. Since you cannot see evidence when it smacks you between the eyes, I have no choice but to move on. Have a nice time chuckling.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:44 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I have laid out a bare bones scenario of what science has shown to be true. Anybody who accepts the history of humans and life on the planet can see the proof no gods exist.

Good grief...that is even dumber than most of your other statements. And that is not an easy thing to do, Edgar, since several of your recent statements have been VERY dumb.

What is to prevent there being a god who creates the world...and allows whatever happens to happen. If a Big Bang happens...so be it. If living things come into existence...so be it. If they evolve into human beings....so be it. If some humans want to kid themselves and insist that their petty, pretend gods are real...so be it. If some humans want to kid themselves and insist there are no gods...so be it.

The last thing in the world science has proven, Edgar, is that there are no gods. And the very concept is as delusional as the Christian delusions about Moses getting laws from a bush.

Quote:
It is there. That you want to be foolish enough to equate these things on an equal level with products of the imagination is your own failing. Since you cannot see evidence when it smacks you between the eyes, I have no choice but to move on. Have a nice time chuckling.

Hey...if you've had enough...and are afraid your safety net belief system is going to be damaged by listening to the truth...by all means go.

But don't try to pretend that you have presented any evidence upon which you base your insistence that you KNOW there are no gods.....because you have not presented on tiny bit of evidence in that direction.

TO ANYONE ELSE STILL LISTENING....please note that Edgar has several times accused me of asking him to produce "proof" of a negative...and he has indicated that doing that is wrong in some way.

But by his own admissions...there is no proof of that (supposed) negative. Meaning there is no proof that there are no gods.

So how in the name of anything...can he insist that he KNOWS there are no gods.

HEll..he can't even present EVIDENCE...let alone proof.

Edgar's atheism is guesswork...pure and simply.

But he is unable to deal with that discovery.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
Dumb to the believers - obvious to anyone with a clear eye.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:48 pm
The history of life, human life in particular, is in itself a clear vision of how religion - gods and afterlife were invented in the imagination. You want me to prove imaginary concepts are wrong as if that makes me wrong. Talk about dumb.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:13 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Dumb to the believers - obvious to anyone with a clear eye.

Nope...just plain dumb.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:15 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The history of life, human life in particular, is in itself a clear vision of how religion - gods and afterlife were invented in the imagination. You want me to prove imaginary concepts are wrong as if that makes me wrong. Talk about dumb.

Yeah, that is what you keep saying...because you are in a bind.

You assert that you know there are no gods.

I've asked for the evidence you have to make that assertion.

And you keep coming back with this "you cannot prove a negative" crap.

If you cannot prove there are no gods...why are you insisting that there are none?

Are you simply guessing...and then pretending that you know????
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:03 pm
* Frank + Eb are driving Rosslyn crazy *

How many times do I have to make myself CLEAR? Evidence + Proof does not come into OPINIONS. This thread is about OPINIONS. I think you both understand this. So.... I hereby ask you to sum up your OPINIONS and stop arguing. Thank you.

I take my leave.

*"pazade!!!!! HELP!!!! A2K's Arugument's Is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!"*
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 02:16 pm
Rosslyn wrote:
* Frank + Eb are driving Rosslyn crazy *

How many times do I have to make myself CLEAR? Evidence + Proof does not come into OPINIONS. This thread is about OPINIONS. I think you both understand this. So.... I hereby ask you to sum up your OPINIONS and stop arguing. Thank you.

I take my leave.

*"pazade!!!!! HELP!!!! A2K's Arugument's Is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!"*

Well...it sounds as though you are correct.

It has driven you crazy.

If you are not crazy...something else must be wrong.

THIS IS NOT GODDAM OPINION THAT EDGAR IS GIVING.

LET ME REPEAT THAT:

EDGAR IS NOT EXPRESSING OPINION.

He is stating what he asserts to be FACT.

Haven't you read the thread?

If you have...get someone else to read it to you...and to explain what is happening here.

Edgar is categorically saying that THERE ARE NO GODS.

When I challenged him on that...asking if it was just a belief...or if it were just a guess...

...HE SAID IT WAS NOT.

HE INSISTS HE IS NOT A BELIEVER...HE INSISTS HE IS NOT "BELIEVING" THERE IS NO GOD...AND ARE NO GODS....BUT THAT HE KNOWS THERE ARE NO GODS.

Christ...what does it take to get that through to you?

I explained that once before.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:07 pm
I have laid out a case that shows there can be no gods, no afterlife. I attempted to bow out of the thread after that, since Frank had nothing by way of refutation. Unfortunately, he won't quit beating the dead horse, because he can't admit to anything. I agree that it is time to move on. Nothing to be gained from showing slides to the blind.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:00 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I have laid out a case that shows there can be no gods, no afterlife. I attempted to bow out of the thread after that, since Frank had nothing by way of refutation.

You have asserted that you know there are no souls and no afterlife. I have questioned you about how you know that.

You have presented not one piece of evidence to support your assertion.

You just don't like the idea that I am showing you up for a "believer"...just like the thests for whose "beliefs" you show so much scorn. And you don't have the stomach to acknowledge that you are merely guessing about the stuff you are pretending to know.

Quote:
Unfortunately, he won't quit beating the dead horse,

I was totally willing to give you the "last word" you demanded...but instead of just letting it stay dead...YOU CONTINUED TO BEAT THE DEAD HORSE.

It is all right here in this thread in black and white.

So don't give me that poor-little-boy-put-upon bullcrap.

Quote:
... because he can't admit to anything.

You don't want me to "admit" anything. You just want to go on pretending that you know whether or not there are souls...or whether or not there is an afterlife. And you don't like me calling your nonsense to your attention.

Quote:
I agree that it is time to move on. Nothing to be gained from showing slides to the blind.

Cute!

But once again...I am acknowleging that I do not know if there is a God or not...I do not know if there are souls...I do not know if there is an afterlife of some sort...I do not know any of the answers to Ultimate Questions about REALITY...

...and for you...a guy pretending to know all those answers...to try to make me out to be "wrong" is so hilarious, its almost worth all this typing to have it come my way.

You've really made a fool of yourself in this thread, Edgar.

Congratulations.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:41 pm
I have provided evidence you are too blind to see. Taunting throughout has not made your ghost arguments more forceful.
0 Replies