monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

reasoning logic

Sat 20 May, 2017 11:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Thank you for confirming that I am correct.

Me and you seem to have something in common. We both like to have confirmation of things we are not sure of.

I was getting ready to eat dinner the other night with many friends and I had a lot of weight on my shoulders so I prayed to God that he would give me a sign of some sort to help me with my problems and right after I was done a friend farted extremely loud and I new this might be a sign but I just do not know what to do with it. Do you?

McGentrix

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:07 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
McMaster: Trump might not use the phrase 'radical Islamic terror' in Saudi address
Politico
Darn. That is unfortunate. As everyone knows, America is threatened with extinction-level disaster unless the problem of terrorism, which is a phenomenon arising in the Middle East and with its roots in the culture and mindset of the Muslim faith, cannot be ameliorated without bold and courageous and clear-sighted invocation of that exact phrase by America's leader.

Double darn! He's bowing!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DASjeQbU0AAjKVJ.jpg

Quote:
Dan Pfeiffer‏Verified account @danpfeiffer 12h12 hours ago
Dan Pfeiffer Retweeted Alexi McCammond
The only silver lining to the dark cloud of the Trump era is the daily reminder of how full of **** conservative critics of Obama were

Speaking of ****, that whole post was pretty lame ****.

Bending over to have something placed around your neck like Trump did is completely different than bending over to take it up the ass like Obama did. Surely you know the difference, right?
layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:15 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Out of a statistically random group of ten million people, I would be the smartest of that ten million... that places me in the top 1000 of all living humans.

And how did you arrive at this conclusion? Did you sit down with 10 million other randomly selected people and engage in mental competition, or what?

If I were you, I would never stop at being in the "top 1000." Next thing ya know, people might start disagreeing about who the other 999 are. I would simply declare myself to be the smartest person in the whole damn world and be done with it.
Builder

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I didn't think there was such a thing as "non-violent rape."

Sure is; Bill Clinton practised it often, and HRC defended his actions, while castigating his victims.

Quote:
That really was an insensitive and cloddish thing to write,

That's Olly, in a nutshell.

Quote:
I'm surprised that you've yet to be castigated for it.

He's part of the clique. Thinks he's untouchable.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:33 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
How can a leak be untrue?

By being a complete falsehood.

A falsehood, being untrue, cannot be a leak because a falsehood is not information. You're merely speaking in circles.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
A leak is the disclosure of confidential information. If something is untrue how can it be confidential let alone disclosable?

A falsehood may well not be confidential information.

Then by definition it cannot be a leak.
oralloy wrote:
That does not prevent horrible people from passing the falsehood on to the media and letting them believe that it is true.

"Passed falsehoods" is not the definition of the word "leak."
layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:33 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Out of a statistically random group of ten million people, I would be the smartest of that ten million. I've never bothered translating that into a typical "IQ number".

That would put you about 5 1/3 standard deviations from the mean, which would translate to an IQ score of about 180.

Maybe you really meant one out of a billion, eh? Like I said, I've run into countless people who have an IQ over 200. They seem to be pretty common.
layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:44 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
"Passed falsehoods" is not the definition of the word "leak."

Blue, the walking dictionary and absolute king of linguistic casuistry, is back, eh?

You're right, that not the definition. Then again, nobody ever claimed it was.

On the other hand, only a fool would think that all "classified information" compiled by the government is absolutely true.

Quote:
A falsehood, being untrue, cannot be a leak because a falsehood is not information. You're merely speaking in circles.

You say something like that and then wanna talk about someone ELSE "speaking in circles?"

Go figure, eh?
roger

Sun 21 May, 2017 12:59 am
@McGentrix,

McGentrix wrote:

Bending over to have something placed around your neck like Trump did is completely different than bending over to take it up the ass like Obama did. Surely you know the difference, right?

Well, you know. Obama was bending over to tie his shoelaces. Honest, that was one of the stories.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:40 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Me and you seem to have something in common. We both like to have confirmation of things we are not sure of.

I was already sure that the rapist was being protected from extradition to the US. I just thought it would be polite to thank Blatham for backing me up.

reasoning logic wrote:
I was getting ready to eat dinner the other night with many friends and I had a lot of weight on my shoulders so I prayed to God that he would give me a sign of some sort to help me with my problems and right after I was done a friend farted extremely loud and I new this might be a sign but I just do not know what to do with it. Do you?

Probably not a sign from God.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:41 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
And how did you arrive at this conclusion? Did you sit down with 10 million other randomly selected people and engage in mental competition, or what?

It was estimated from my ability to master very hard subjects with no effort at a young age.

No matter how hard a subject is, I've always been able to master it almost instantly with no effort.

A good example is high school chemistry. There is some sort of nationwide chemistry test for high school students. Our teacher had this thing where if you take the test at the end of the year and your national percentile rank was higher than the percent on your grades, your grades would be adjusted upward to match your percentile rank.

It was supposed to be a pretty rough test. There are a lot of advanced students from private schools that take it. Apparently these schools even offer two years of chemistry and advanced college placement classes. All my school offered was one year of regular chemistry.

My approach to high school chemistry was to read fantasy novels all through class and not do a single page of homework in the entire year. I was honestly getting a perfect score of 0% for a grade. Then at the end of the year I leafed through my textbook for the first time the night before I took the national test.

I always have trouble with timed tests. Whenever there is talking in the distance I just can't concentrate and have to sit and do nothing while the valuable time just ticks away. I also take forever to fill in those little ovals. I wonder how I would do today when I could select a number on a computer without filling in any ovals. Because of these problems I left a lot of questions blank because time ran out before I was finished.

I don't know how all those private school students with two years of advanced placement chemistry did, but my percentile rank was 99.8%. Only 0.2% out of the entire nation got a higher score than me.

I of course would have been able to do much better if I'd had complete silence during the test and didn't have to waste time filling in ovals, but it is still a good example of my ability to master a hard subject with no effort.

Anyway, that's just one example, but the rest of my academic life was much the same.

layman wrote:
If I were you, I would never stop at being in the "top 1000." Next thing ya know, people might start disagreeing about who the other 999 are. I would simply declare myself to be the smartest person in the whole damn world and be done with it.

I don't have a factual basis for making that claim however. I much prefer to make claims that I'm comfortable are true.
oralloy

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:44 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
That would put you about 5 1/3 standard deviations from the mean, which would translate to an IQ score of about 180.

Cool.

layman wrote:
Maybe you really meant one out of a billion, eh?

No. It was quite clearly one out of ten million.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:45 am
Now that's real shocker, eh?

Quote:
Trump’s Sexual Assault Accusers Have No Known Plans To Sue, Remained Silent Since Election

In the lead up to President-elect Donald Trump’s election, 12 women came out and said that the New York businessman had sexually assaulted them. Many have remained silent since the election, and none have made it known that they seek to file a lawsuit against Trump for the alleged sexual assault.

Trump during the campaign called the women “liars” and said that after the election he would sue the women who had accused him of sexual assault.

These women are obviously extremely stable, mentally, and would never misrepresent anything for the purpose of getting attention or any other reason. I can understand why they would plead for him not to sue them, though.

roger

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:47 am
@layman,
What's the statute of limitations on sexual assault as regards to civil action?
layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:53 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
..my percentile rank was 99.8%. Only 0.2% out of the entire nation got a higher score than me.

That's very impressive. That would make you one out of 500. I guess there's not much difference between 500 and 10 million, when ya really think about it, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 01:54 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

What's the statute of limitations on sexual assault as regards to civil action?
Why ya askin me, Rog? How the hell would I know? But let me give you an answer that's kinda make it sound like I do, eh?

That depends on the State you're in.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 21 May, 2017 02:26 am
@oralloy,
No need to invent violence where it isn't. There's enough of it in this world already. And he did not drug her either.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 02:30 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
No matter how hard a subject is, I've always been able to master it almost instantly with no effort.

I always have trouble with timed tests... I just can't concentrate and have to sit and do nothing while the valuable time just ticks away....

Because of these problems I left a lot of questions blank because time ran out before I was finished.

Well, don't fret, you're not alone. Obviously LOTS of people left "lots" of questions blank because they have trouble concentrating. In fact 499 out of every 500 people throughout the entire nation apparently have that problem even more than you do.

I'm sure it's obvious that I am pulling your chain a little about your own estimate of your intelligence, eh? No biggie. I've met lots of people who seem to over-estimate their intelligence. But it would help your cause if you could keep your story straight, ya know?
Olivier5

Sun 21 May, 2017 02:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I didn't think there was such a thing as "non-violent rape."

Statutory rape is not necessarily violent.

Quote:
That really was an insensitive and cloddish thing to write

I was just stating the truth as I see it. You guys live in lalaland. What's insensitive is to make political hay of a civil matter, 40 yr after the facts, after the victim herself has filed court papers seeking dismissal of the charges against Polanski. Everytime one of you obsessed puritans mentions this case, you disrespect her a little more.

Quote:
In her declaration, Samantha Geimer said, "I am no longer a 13-year-old child. I have dealt with the difficulties of being a victim, have surmounted and surpassed them with one exception.

"Every time this case is brought to the attention of the Court, great focus is made of me, my family, my mother and others. That attention is not pleasant to experience and is not worth maintaining over some irrelevant legal nicety, the continuation of the case."

She chided the district attorney's office for not dismissing the case earlier and for "yet once again (giving) great publicity to the lurid details of those events, for all to read again. True as they may be, the continued publication of those details cause harm to me ... I have become a victim of the actions of the District Attorney."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/12/polanski.case/index.html
hightor

Sun 21 May, 2017 02:50 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Bending over to have something placed around your neck like Trump did is completely different than bending over to take it up the ass like Obama did.

Jeezus man, lay off the sauce. That was disgusting. Even from you.
layman

Sun 21 May, 2017 03:01 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
That was disgusting. Even from you.

"Disgusting?" You got a problem with pillow biters who like having their fudge packed, that it, Hi? I'm turning your ass into GLAAD. They don't play around with homophobes, ya know?

When people say things about Obama that you don't like, suddenly it's no longer just "run-of-the-mill" politics, eh? I mean, like, sayin Trump sucks Putins cock aint nuthin, but, now this **** is DISGUSTING!
0 Replies