monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Sun 14 May, 2017 06:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Me thinks you're getting sweet on me...

It is nice to see that others share my view from time to time. I thought glitterbag had the hot's for you a long time ago.

How could she not! I'm a hell of a catch!! All conservative and strongly opinionated...someone to make her feel like a real woman!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 14 May, 2017 06:19 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

The new Republican healthcare bill only allots $46 per US citizen for the combined costs of maternity care, mental health care, and substance abuse treatment. That and two more dollars will get you on the bus. Dumb bastards Cool

So, $16.1B for just that? Imagine, and this is just a hypothetical here... Imagine that not every single US Citizen needs maternity care, mental health care and substance abuse treatment... Also, do you have a link to that nugget?
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 14 May, 2017 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
51% of the electorate did NOT vote for a continuation of Obammy's policy by voting against Billary.
besides your disdain for truth, math is another skill with which youve disagreed .

Not my math gringo... Clinton 48.2% Trump 46.6% others 5.7%...even YOU should be able to add 2&2...or maybe I assume to much, huh?
giujohn

Sun 14 May, 2017 06:22 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

The new Republican healthcare bill only allots $46 per US citizen for the combined costs of maternity care, mental health care, and substance abuse treatment. That and two more dollars will get you on the bus. Dumb bastards Cool

What's the prob? Have the baby in the field go back to work picking lettuce and get $46 tax free to boot...sounds like a sweet deal to me!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 14 May, 2017 06:29 pm
@giujohn,
That's glitterbag's MO

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 14 May, 2017 07:26 pm
@blatham,
https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major-fbi-scandals-comeys-watch
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 14 May, 2017 07:27 pm
@giujohn,
ya got me there. I have to admit I had a donut with my coffee this AM, and it probably made me stupid for several hours. Ive since had my daily intake of cheese so Im much better now.

giujohn

Sun 14 May, 2017 07:35 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

ya got me there. I have to admit I had a donut with my coffee this AM, and it probably made me stupid for several hours. Ive since had my daily intake of cheese so Im much better now.

Uh huh...yeah...seek professional opinion on that...😵
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 14 May, 2017 09:05 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

https://youtu.be/M8KdtJOCzOU
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 14 May, 2017 09:50 pm
In light of NK new missile test and a new "liberal" SK leader it's time for us to eliminate this fat bastard by any means necessary including a massive first strike.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Walter Hinteler

Mon 15 May, 2017 12:01 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
What we need is a commission to investigate the MSN.
Perhaps a PO to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution will fulfill your wish that even better!
izzythepush

Mon 15 May, 2017 01:27 am
Quote:
North Korea has claimed that the missile it tested on Sunday was a new type of rocket capable of carrying a large nuclear warhead.

The missile, launched at a steep angle, reached an altitude of 2,000km (1,242 miles) and travelled about 700km, landing in the sea west of Japan.

North Korea said on Monday it was a test of the abilities of a "newly developed ballistic rocket".

South Korea's military said it could not yet verify the North's claims.

But it said the North's missiles did appear to be able to leave and re-enter the atmosphere, which is crucial to developing intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), the Yonhap news agency reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39918497
izzythepush

Mon 15 May, 2017 01:28 am
Quote:
Senior US lawmakers have called on President Donald Trump to turn over any recordings of conversations with fired FBI director James Comey.

Senate Democratic leader Charles Schumer warned that destroying any tapes would break the law.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said the White House needed to "clear the air" about whether tapes existed.

The comments come after Mr Trump tweeted what appeared to be a thinly veiled threat to the former FBI chief.

He warned Mr Comey last week against talking to the media, saying he had "better hope there are no tapes" of their conversations.
The White House has neither confirmed nor denied the existence of any tapes.

Mr Schumer also warned that Senate Democrats might refuse to vote on a new FBI director until a special prosecutor is named to investigate alleged Russian meddling in the US election.

The FBI is investigating the allegations and possible ties between Moscow and the Trump campaign.

Mr Trump denies any such links and says Mr Comey had assured him he was not being investigated. He says he fired Mr Comey because he was not doing a good job.

Democrats, however, have accused President Trump of firing Mr Comey to try to thwart the FBI inquiry.
Mr Schumer told CNN that if any tapes existed "the president should turn them over immediately. To destroy them would be a violation of law".

"If there are no tapes, he should apologise to both Jim Comey and the American people for misleading them," he added.

Senator Graham told NBC that Mr Trump's tweet was "inappropriate" and called on the president to "back off and let the investigation go forward".

"You can't be cute about tapes," he said. "If there are any tapes of this conversation, they need to be turned over."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39918407<br />
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 15 May, 2017 04:19 am
@oralloy,
tens of millions are gonna die if we do a first strike on that clown (starting with his nation and South Korea and Japan).
We have to get away from this kind of brain-dead mentality because it bodes poorly for the future of the planet.
farmerman

Mon 15 May, 2017 05:21 am
@oralloy,
yes it can be helped. When did we agree that this idiot president would be given a free hand on the button??
Quote:
Minimizing a nuclear attack against us and our allies is hardly a brain dead mentality
As H L Mencken said
"to every problem there is a solution, simple in its execution , clearly understood, and dead wrong"

How do we minimize an attack on Japan? If we do a first strike do you think we will get an ok from China or Russia? Or do you think they dont have anything at stake?

I hope Trumpty listens to T Rex

giujohn

Mon 15 May, 2017 05:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

tens of millions are gonna die if we do a first strike on that clown (starting with his nation and South Korea and Japan).
We have to get away from this kind of brain-dead mentality because it bodes poorly for the future of the planet.

Specious reasoning...how many millions will die if he hits Tokyo or Honolulu? I say let the first million be his military.

farmerman

Mon 15 May, 2017 05:42 am
@giujohn,
No its accurate .Id rather have some grown-ups do any first strike assessments. AND lets make sure that S Korea is the lead stake holder in anything that has a veto over our air head president.

What you propose is like having the UK decide to do a massive first strike on Iran "on their own behalf"

Try to think in multi dimensions when its about "massive first strikes" , and stop being a bunch of jingoists.