monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:33 pm
@glitterbag,
So, is anybody going to follow up on the Russia allegations?
layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:35 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Doesn't he realize how this make him and Sessions look guilty?

Heh. "Look guilty?" Ya think?

Multiple reports have come out indicating that the rank and file FBI staff are disgusted with Comey. He's not in a good position to lead them. That's aside, haven't most cheese-eaters been claiming that Comey should have been fired long ago? So, when Trump does it, what then?

Well, then he's WRONG, of course.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:37 pm
@glitterbag,
Naw, they will spend the next four years chasing their tails over Clinton's stupid emails.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:41 pm
@revelette1,
My sense is that this administration simply doesn't care how things look. It may be concerned with indictment, conviction, and impeachment, but how it looks? Not at all.
ehBeth

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:42 pm
a bunch of us are chipping in to buy a dictionary for Sessions so he can look up the meaning of recuse
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:43 pm
@revelette1,
i know it looks suspicious, but Comey isn't the only person in the bureau who knows what happened. What makes the FBI unique is their mission to investigate and prosecute. They seldom discuss or share information outside of a small circle to protect the evidence they have gathered. Once they get a whiff of wrongdoing they follow it to its end. And when it comes to Trump, I honestly think he's unable to see or care how it looks. He always gets away with outrageous behavior and flips you the bird at the same time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:45 pm
@roger,
That sorta defines sociopath y. You dont really care whats right, you only care that you get away with it.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:45 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

My sense is that this administration simply doesn't care how things look. It may be concerned with indictment, conviction, and impeachment, but how it looks? Not at all.

Exactly, Rog. It don't matter how guilty ya "look." The onliest question is can they prove it. Not if the evidence never comes out, they can't. No matter how cocky they act when they say they got the goods on ya, don't NEVER fess up. Just say:

Prove it, Pig.
roger

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:48 pm
@layman,
Good advice. They can lie to you. You cannot lie to them.

Me and you; we should have been in real estate, huh?
layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 05:00 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Good advice. They can lie to you. You cannot lie to them.

Me and you; we should have been in real estate, huh?

Although I never seen one episode in my life, and really have no clue of what it was even about, for some reason I feel I could have done well on Trump's TV show, eh?

I get the vague impression that being a lyin cheat would make you the winner on that show.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 9 May, 2017 05:05 pm
Letter in the NY Times:
Quote:
Conservatives have been conducting a slow motion "coup d'etat" over the past 30 years. Gerrymandering. Voter suppression. Judicial manipulation. Propaganda programs to misinform and confuse large swaths of the voting public. The removal of Comey in the midst of of crucial investigation of the President and his enablers is one more step towards the inevitable: the perversion and ultimate destruction of democracy in the US leading to permanent conservative control of the country. This will not end well.

"KM"
layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 05:09 pm
@hightor,
Remember when Trick Dick fired the special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, in the watergate investigation?

After that, these bumper stickers were everywhere:

Impeach the Cox sacker
0 Replies

layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 05:14 pm
Leave us face it: Tricky Dick, he ROCKED, eh!?

Quote:
“Nixon is a shifty-eyed goddamn liar....He's one of the few in the history of this country to run for high office talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time and lying out of both sides.” (Harry Truman)

0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 9 May, 2017 05:14 pm
I really don't know what else to say, it is a terrible time. I am hoping it is not as awful as it seems.
edgarblythe

Tue 9 May, 2017 05:52 pm
U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren
9 mins ·
There’s no question that FBI Director Comey made questionable decisions during the election. The FBI should not comment on ongoing investigations. But does anyone seriously believe that Donald Trump fired the top person investigating Trump’s ties to Russia because he was unfair to Hillary Clinton? Give me a break.
It’s time for Congress to get their heads out of the sand. President Trump cannot pick the person to continue this critical investigation. We need a real, independent prosecutor who Donald Trump can't fire, who Jeff Sessions can't intimidate, and who Congressional Republicans can't muzzle. We need it now.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 06:14 pm
@hightor,
These sort of breathless hyperbole is ridiculous but so treasured by liberals.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 06:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
President Trump cannot pick the person to continue this critical investigation.

Oh, but he can.

farmerman

Tue 9 May, 2017 06:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
If he does, maybe his impeachment will be driven more quickly by his own party. However the alternative appears to know what hes doing moreso than Donny
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 9 May, 2017 06:56 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/18341703_1319876061437105_1362829652841455758_n.jpg?oh=0534ecc8adadc5abf55e97b4444a3830&oe=597947A8

I dread Pence almost as much as Trump.
glitterbag

Tue 9 May, 2017 07:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, Pence then after that Paut 'Eddie munster' Ryan.
0 Replies