monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:32 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

giujohn wrote:
FAMOUS LAST WORDS

A nuclear war with the US would devastate China. There is no way their government wants that.

I think izzythepush is projecting his own desire to have a nuclear war with the US.

I think he hopes and prays the US will be obliterated.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The British Empire never dropped more bombs on Vietnam than were dropped during WW2. That particular act of genocide was all American. The British Empire was never that evil.

Only someone like you and your ilk think fighting Communists is genocide.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:34 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
If you don't think they were diverting money from Clinton's aide package to research, then you are a fool. NK never had any intention of stopping their research any more than Iran has of stopping theirs. Any money we give these people goes to their weapons programs and not to feeding their people. We are only where we are because of Clintons weakness in dealing with Kim Sr back in the 90's, these people always flourish under Democratic Presidents because the fools think money will stop ambition.

The jury's still out on whether the Iran deal will work. I'm somewhat optimistic.

I don't think it is fair to blame either American political party for North Korea. North Korea will flourish until we destroy them in a nuclear war, regardless of which party controls the White House.
izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:53 am
I'm not going to be lectured about the horrors of the British Empire by a bunch of fascists who are quite happy to use such horrors to justify America's actions today. They're the worst type of hypocrites. The atrocity perpetrated in Vietnam is second only to the Holocaust in terms of brutality, and those who happily reenlisted to drop munitions on Vietnamese women and children are morally no different than the SS guards who worked in extermination camps.

The big difference is that we have come to terms with what our forebears did while Americans are still in denial about the true horrors of what was done during the Vietnamese genocide. The war criminals who took part in the genocide have still not been put on trial in the Hague. America bombs women and children then ten years later makes a film about how bombing women and children made their soldiers feel sad.

This is for all the fascists.

oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The atrocity perpetrated in Vietnam is second only to the Holocaust in terms of brutality,

Oh nonsense. Is that you JTT?
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
reality isnt very big thing with you when it cones to political opinion does it??
izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:10 pm
@farmerman,
Not at all.

Quote:
From the beginning of the spraying 51 years ago, and even today, millions of Vietnamese have died from, or been completely incapacitated by, diseases which the US government recognizes are related to Agent Orange for purposes of granting compensation to Vietnam veterans in the United States. The Vietnamese, who were the intended victims of this spraying, experienced the most intense, horrible impact on human health and environmental devastation. Second and third generations of children, born to parents exposed during the war and in areas of heavy spraying hot spots, suffer unspeakable deformities that medical authorities attribute to the dioxin in Agent Orange.

The Vietnamese exposed to the chemical suffer from cancer, liver damage, pulmonary and heart diseases, defects to reproductive capacity and skin and nervous disorders. Their children and grandchildren have severe physical deformities, mental and physical disabilities, diseases and shortened life spans. The forests and jungles in large parts of southern Vietnam were devastated and denuded. Centuries-old habitat was destroyed and will not regenerate with the same diversity for hundreds of years. Animals that inhabited the forests and jungles are threatened with extinction, disrupting the communities that depended on them. The rivers and underground water in some areas have also been contaminated. Erosion and desertification will change the environment, causing dislocation of crop and animal life.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/10729-the-toxic-effects-of-agent-orange-persist-51-years-after-the-vietnam-war

Surely you must realise all this bollocks about the British Empire is just a diversionary tactic to avoid dealing with the possible consequences of a proxy war with China.
McGentrix

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Bollocks? Let's take a look shall we?

I am sure Setanta would have better information, but let me see what I can shake out of my noggin from history class past.

I do believe that the Brits ran concentration camps during the 2nd Boer war. Like 100,00 mostly women and children rounded up and interned. Like a third of them died.

Then there was that famous soldier, Reginald Dyer (Had to look his name up I admit) who in the long time span of 10 MINUTES killed somewhere between 500 and 1000 protestors and injuring another 1000 or so. He was hailed as a hero back home. What a guy.

India really was a black eye on the great British Empire. Really tarnished the crown. Remember when they split India up and like a million people were killed due to sectarian violence that resulted after a fine cup of tea? Cyril Radcliffe would remember were he still sipping tea today.

Then there was the famine of Bengal... 15-30 million Indians died while the British Empire exported tons of wheat from the region to their soldiers in places like Greece.

Churchill said it best "I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits."

One of the reasons Obama had the Churchill bust removed from the Oval Office is because of the Mau Mau Uprising in Kenya. More concentration camps, more rape and murder of women and children, more death at the hands of the Brutish Empire. I mean British, of course.
georgeob1

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Izzy isn't going to like that. In fact the term "concentration camp" was invented by the British Army during the Boer War, and in carrying out just what you described.

Izzy's descriptions of the ravages of agent orange in Vietnam are grossly exaggerated. It was indeed a bloody war on both sides.

It is a little noted fact that Ho Chi Minh was present, along with a Large Japanese delegation in Paris in 1919 during the negotiations leading up to the Versailles Treaty ended the war ( Or "The Peace to end all Peace" as it has been described). The Japanese wanted recognition for themselves as a major power, and some clauses in the treaty rejecting what they referred to then as Colonial Racism by the European Powers, and HO Chi Minh as head of a smaller Vietnamese delegation wanted home rule within the French Empire. Both were brusquely rejected by Lloyd George & Clemenceau, while the hapless Woodrow Wilson was interested only in his naïve dream for a League of Nations.

WWII in Europe and Asia were the direct results of European follies in WWI, as is the still ongoing tumult in the Middle East.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 02:48 pm
@McGentrix,
None of that justifies you getting all moist about the potential devastation in Korea.

0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 02:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
From the beginning of the spraying 51 years ago, and even today, millions of Vietnamese have died from, or been completely incapacitated by, diseases which the US government recognizes are related to Agent Orange for purposes of granting compensation to Vietnam veterans in the United States. The Vietnamese, who were the intended victims of this spraying, experienced the most intense, horrible impact on human health and environmental devastation. Second and third generations of children, born to parents exposed during the war and in areas of heavy spraying hot spots, suffer unspeakable deformities that medical authorities attribute to the dioxin in Agent Orange.

It might be noted that Agent Orange was a DEFOLIANT. The only "intended victim" of the spray was plant life.

izzythepush wrote:
Surely you must realise all this bollocks about the British Empire is just a diversionary tactic to avoid dealing with the possible consequences of a proxy war with China.

The consequences of a nuclear war with North Korea are indeed daunting. But lunacy about "proxy wars with China" doesn't do much to address that topic.

And since North Korea is going to force the war, there is little we can do but make sure that we nuke them as massively as we can in order to minimize the damage they can do.

The crimes of the British Empire were raised as a direct response to your repeated gibberish about an imaginary genocide in Vietnam.
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:04 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
This largely explains why most models of U.S. labor and productivity would not expect any single policy change to boost growth by 0.9 percent. In order to make a deficit-neutral cut in the corporate income tax rate, other deficit-reducing policies would be necessary.

I'd like to see provisions in the new tax law (assuming it even happens) which would allow flexibility in response to real economic conditions. What if this reform doesn't generate the revenue necessary to reduce the deficit? In recent history, tax cuts have not led to increased economic activity. Republicans decry deficit spending when the Dems are in control but seem more than willing to chalk up huge debts when they are in power. I want to know how soon we can judge whether the enacted tax reforms have performed as promised or whether it's just another Republican feel-good lie.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:06 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
North Korea will flourish until we destroy them in a nuclear war, regardless of which party controls the White House.

Continue to flourish? The North Koreans are living on food rations. The average North Koran man is three inches shorter than the average South Korean man because North Korea rations food, and is similarly deficient in health care. Same people, same history until recently, same genetics. The only difference between them is living conditions since the 1950s.

Check out this North Korean military propaganda video. In the opening scenes designed to strike fear and awe in the viewer, their soldiers look like 12 year old Boy Scouts in army uniforms.

izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:14 pm
@Blickers,
Don't confuse him with facts. He needs to big up North Korea because he can't accept the truth which is the US shitting all over another 3rd World country yet again.

China will not allow any outcome which leaves it weaker and America stronger in the region. That is a fact that none of them are capable of dealing with.
They've got the brains of Fox News soundbites
oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:15 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Continue to flourish? The North Koreans are living on food rations. The average North Koran man is three inches shorter than the average South Korean man because North Korea rations food, and is similarly deficient in health care. Same people, same history until recently, same genetics. The only difference between them is living conditions since the 1950s.

Yet their nuclear program continues to grow.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Don't confuse him with facts.

Facts don't confuse me.

izzythepush wrote:
He needs to big up North Korea because he can't accept the truth which is the US shitting all over another 3rd World country yet again.

Now that's just plain funny.

I have no problems whatsoever with the US smashing up as many third world hellholes as we feel like.

izzythepush wrote:
China will not allow any outcome which leaves it weaker and America stronger in the region. That is a fact that none of them are capable of dealing with.

I don't know if the eradication of North Korea is supposed to leave China or America stronger or weaker.

But if (when) we fire hundreds of thermonuclear warheads at North Korea, China will not be able to do a thing to save North Korea from destruction.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:22 pm
@izzythepush,
We already know you would be rooting for the Commies regardless of which President was involved. Just like JTT/camlok, you have a very positive view of the Communist attempts to spread it like cancer across the world. I wonder, did you contribute like a good little commie to the building of China's illegal islands? I suppose you see their moves as legal though...
Blickers

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 08:56 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
We already know you would be rooting for the Commies regardless of which President was involved. Just like JTT/camlok, you have a very positive view of the Communist attempts to spread it like cancer across the world.

You guys cheer for the coverup of Trump's Russian connections, and you accuse someone else of being Commie? And Trump is on record as saying that NATO, (the most important and successful Communism-containing force in history), is obsolete. And that the US will change its policy from viewing Russia-still totalitarian in the Communist mode-as an opponent to a foreign policy with Russia "based on mutual interest". Prior to that, the US policy toward Russia was based on containing Communism, and it did. Trump wants to scrap that and replace it with a policy of "mutual interest". So if Russia invades Poland, Trump picks up the red telephone and tells Putin, "I just saw your tanks in Warsaw on TV. I don't like it. What's in it for the US if we agree to go along with it?"
Lash

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 08:58 pm
@Blickers,
There's no proof of any Russian connection. Why do you buy it wholesale without proof?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 27 Apr, 2017 12:50 am
@Blickers,
And they're lying, nobody is supporting the NK regime, people are pointing out how stupid the idea of attacking NK is. They don't have an answer to that so they spout a lot of vitriolic nonsense about commies. When faced with something too difficult they revert to frothing at the mouth and sounding even more deranged.

What this situation needs is less, not more stupidity. Trump may at last be realising that.

Quote:
The US is to tighten sanctions on North Korea and step up diplomatic moves aimed at pressuring the country to end its nuclear and missile programmes.

President Donald Trump's strategy was announced after a special briefing for all 100 US senators.

Earlier, the top US commander in the Pacific defended the deployment of an advanced missile defence system in South Korea.

Tensions have risen amid fears the North is planning new weapons tests.

"The United States seeks stability and the peaceful denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula," said a joint statement issued by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39723747