monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

McGentrix

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 08:02 am
@revelette1,
Nonsense, there were many things I agreed with Obama on. Like keeping Guantanamo Bay open despite his erroneous promise to close it down on day 1.

His use of drones to kill our enemy.
His allowing the military to kill OBL.
His decisions that kept a lot og GWB's policies in place after discover being President is hard.
revelette1

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 08:10 am
@McGentrix,
He tried to close Guantanamo Bay, but along with a lot of other things, he was hampered by congress, by both democrats and republicans. Instead he released a lot of detainees. He was never against drones. He was not against getting OBL and unlike his predecessor, actually made any effort to do just that. Some of the policies he kept in place, I agreed with, some I didn't.

I agreed with two things from the Bush administration I remember off the top of my head, (my memory is not as sharp as it used to be) his stance on immigration and the decision of Afghanistan.

Trump on the other hand has no real belief system, who changes his mind like a weathervane depending on who he is listening to at any given moment.
georgeob1

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 08:17 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

You have regressed, can't you guys come up something besides cheese eater?
I don't think it is a regression at all. It contrasts sharply with all the rather hysterical denunciations of less rabidly liberal folk by you, Blatham and others of like distemper, in that it is a light hearted, broad characterization of people who advocate more government management of the lives of citizens and less individual freedom for all. I don't think cheese has much to do with it, but the appellation does communicate the underlying meaning. One could replace "cheese eaters" with something like "assholes", but that would be impolite.

revelette1 wrote:

Besides, in all of statistics, it has been found republican states receive more government assistance than democrat/liberal leaning independents states.
Now that's an interesting assertion that appears to require some backup or reference that you have not provided. Also some unaddressed particulars. What is "assistance" Does it include all Federal payments to States, counties, cities universities and individuals? Which party enacted the various programs calling for them. Lots of relevant data here, none of it confirmed or even specified.

revelette1 wrote:
Moreover, I can't remember any of you guys approving of anything Obama did or said.
That impression is mutual.

revelette1 wrote:

Lastly, all of his big sounding campaign promises were empty campaign slogans of which he had no clue to what he was talking about, which now he is admitting.

Do you mean things like "If you like your health care plan you can keep it" , or "If President Assad uses chemical weapons against his own people , that would be a red line."
revelette1

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 08:56 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Now that's an interesting assertion that appears to require some backup or reference that you have not provided. Also some unaddressed particulars. What is "assistance" Does it include all Federal payments to States, counties, cities universities and individuals? Which party enacted the various programs calling for them. Lots of relevant data here, none of it confirmed or even specified.

2017’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

Compare state and local welfare spending for the 50 states against state growth and population.

As for Obama's erroneous statement of "if you like your insurance, you can keep it." It was a mistake to say it, I agree.

As for the red line, an alternative come about and Obama decided to go with that rather than stubbornly forging ahead just because he said it.

You know I wish you guys would bring up the important parts of the Obama presidency which I think was a mistake, such as detainees not being able to sue for being tortured and other decisions such as that which I personally found to be very disappointing.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 11:06 am
When it comes to my inalienable rights under the Constitution I would agree that the states should be held to 1 standard.

However when it comes to purchasing private insurance, denying the State's ability to regulate that industry is in violation of states rights where the federal government should have no business in.

That's also part of the Constitution.
0 Replies

jcboy

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 04:07 pm
It's official: Trump, in his first 100 days in office, has the lowest approval rating in history. (Source: Gallup) Shocker! Cool

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2612oh3.jpg
giujohn

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:12 pm
@jcboy,
Oh no...You mean he ain't president no more??? Does that mean Hillary is in???

With the full court press against Trump by the liberal media scum, why the **** are you so shocked?
reasoning logic

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:30 pm
@giujohn,
Obama Getting $400k For Wall Street Speech

Brandon9000

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
There's no evidence the leader is mentally ill, he's ruthless like many dictators, but ruthlessly getting rid of potential rivals is what dictators do to stay in power.

You're just trying to justify a military adventure, because the truth is Kim Jong Un does not want to jeopardise his living god lifestyle.

The last missile NK tested exploded before taking off, and America's anti ballistic technology is state of the art. NK's missiles are hardly that. NK has submarines too, if they're going to attack mainland US with nuclear weapons they're more likely to go that route, or even smuggle one into to US.

If you're going to attack NK at least be honest about your reasons for doing so, allowing a war time president to win the next election. It worked for Dubya. Who gives a **** about all the South Koreans and Japanese who would die in Trump's military adventure anyway, as long as the Merkin deaths are kept nice and low.

You are ignoring my argument by speculating as to my motives. My motives are irrelevant. My argument is either correct or incorrect.

North Korea has nuclear bombs. They have recently developed missiles that can now reach about 600 miles and are trying very hard to improve them. If they put enough effort and money into the work, they will eventually have missiles that can carry nuclear bombs to the United States. The fact that some test missile blew up on the pad is unimportant. That is today. I am talking about what abilities that might have tomorrow. They have also had successful tests. If they try hard enough, and they seem to be trying hard, they will eventually succeed. They have talked several times about fighting a nuclear war with the United States. We can either allow them to develop the ability to drop nuclear bombs on us or stop them before they reach that point. Yes, we have good anti-missile systems, but nobody claims that they are anything like 100% effective. If North Korea launches five nuclear missiles at the US, there is a good chance that one or more will reach its target. We must stop them before their missiles have the range to reach us.
reasoning logic

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:57 pm
Have the corporate democrats lied to you lately?

0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:14 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
. . . My argument is either correct or incorrect.

North Korea has nuclear bombs. They have recently developed missiles that can now reach about 600 miles and are trying very hard to improve them. If they put enough effort and money into the work, they will eventually have missiles that can carry nuclear bombs to the United States. The fact that some test missile blew up on the pad is unimportant. That is today. I am talking about what abilities that might have tomorrow. They have also had successful tests. If they try hard enough, and they seem to be trying hard, they will eventually succeed. They have talked several times about fighting a nuclear war with the United States. We can either allow them to develop the ability to drop nuclear bombs on us or stop them before they reach that point. Yes, we have good anti-missile systems, but nobody claims that they are anything like 100% effective. If North Korea launches five nuclear missiles at the US, there is a good chance that one or more will reach its target. We must stop them before their missiles have the range to reach us.

North Korea: Potential threat to be exploited by fear mongers and war mongers. How many billions/trillions of dollars will the military industry reap in profits through such exploitation?

United States: Actual threat. Trump is rattling his saber all the time and threatening to annihilate his perceived enemies. After all, he once said, why have nuclear bombs if we can't use them?

Between the leaders of N. Korea and the U.S., which one is the bigger lunatic?

reasoning logic

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:16 pm
Did Donald actually say this?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:23 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:

What would we think if north Korea sent ships to the Atlantic coast of USA and threaten us with military action?
giujohn

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

What would we think if north Korea sent ships to the Atlantic coast of USA and threaten us with military action?

When did we threaten to obliterate their country with a nuclear attack?
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Obama Getting $400k For Wall Street Speech

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ustpaly2fuw[/youtube]

Wanna be rich guy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:48 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

And who has the daftest haircut?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:04 am
@Brandon9000,
Your motives are highly relevant, motives like that lead to the illegal invasion of Iraq. Try using a less hysterical news source. Have you read the BBC article? Kim Jong Un is perfectly rational.
izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:34 am
Quote:
China has launched a new aircraft carrier, boosting its military presence amid rising tensions in the region.

It is the country's second aircraft carrier, after the Liaoning, and the first to be made domestically.

State media said the unnamed ship was "transferred from dry dock into the water" in the north-eastern port of Dalian. Previous reports said it would be operational by 2020.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-39715228
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 02:18 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
He was not against getting OBL and unlike his predecessor, actually made any effort to do just that.

W tried to get OBL too. He just had no idea where to strike so all he could do is continue to keep hunting.

revelette1 wrote:
Trump on the other hand has no real belief system,

Sure he does. Trump just threw a brick through NAFTA's plate glass window.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-trump-canadian-lumber-20170425-story.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/homebuilder-stocks-slide-after-us-slaps-20-percent-tariffs-on-canadian-lumber.html

revelette1 wrote:
who changes his mind like a weathervane depending on who he is listening to at any given moment.

There were a lot of things that Trump simply didn't understand when he ran for election. But he is no fool, and once he is confronted with reality he learns quickly and then deals with reality instead of his former untrue beliefs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 02:19 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If you're going to attack NK at least be honest about your reasons for doing so, allowing a war time president to win the next election.

When we destroy North Korea, our reasons will be to minimize the damage that they can do to us and our allies.
0 Replies