monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Cross our lines" stuff is so much hypocrisy, it makes me sick. We've crossed so many lines of decency. Who the hell are we to draw lines for other countries in other regions?

Regional powers should police their own backyards.

You say it's not policing, but that's what happened. We said you better not do this. They did that. We talked ourselves into an expensive, meaningless sabre-rattle.

Lash

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:48 pm
@camlok,
Good question. Human nature, I guess. We so rarely see ourselves as we are.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:53 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
"Cross our lines" stuff is so much hypocrisy, it makes me sick. We've crossed so many lines of decency. Who the hell are we to draw lines for other countries in other regions?

I applaud your honesty, Lash. It is so refreshing to hear honesty instead of the rank bullshyte that has long described these vicious war crimes and the unrelenting terrorism as "world's police" and other nonsensical fictions.

Tens of millions should not die when a country purports to be the world's police.
Baldimo

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:58 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
I applaud your honesty, Lash. It is so refreshing to hear honesty instead of the rank bullshyte that has long described these vicious war crimes and the unrelenting terrorism as "world's police" and other nonsensical fictions.

Tens of millions should not die when a country purports to be the world's police.

I suppose you are never going to answer the question of where you are from are you? Come JTT, for once, answer a question.
camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Nice "Hey look a squirrel", Baldimo.

Noted that you don't possess Lash's honesty.
McGentrix

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:06 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Regional powers should police their own backyards.

You say it's not policing, but that's what happened. We said you better not do this. They did that. We talked ourselves into an expensive, meaningless sabre-rattle.

Because we can't allow some organizations and governments to become so big as to threaten the US again. If you don't have uncrossable lines, then you have no safety. Those lines are there for many reasons. Making feckless threats like Obama did so many time just shows that you are willing to take whatever and our opponents like ISIS need to understand that the lines are back and if you cross them we WILL bring the full weight of our military might down upon you!

Nobody wants to see that. We have the largest military for a reason.
Baldimo

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:12 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Nice "Hey look a squirrel", Baldimo.

The question has been asked since you have returned from whatever hole you have been hiding in for the last few years.

Quote:
Noted that you don't possess Lash's honesty.

I don't agree with Lashs stance and I don't believe in anti-US propaganda. You can't even be honest and admit that radical Muslims attacked the US on 9-11. Your very basis in thought is a lack of honesty and a hate for all things US.

So, where do you live?
Lash

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:18 pm
@McGentrix,
Our lines should be about treatment of US or our citizens. My opinion, anyway.
layman

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:30 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Point taken and accepted on faith.

Why aren't the others?

Spoken like a devout 9/11 conspiracy convert, sho nuff.
McGentrix

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:33 pm
@Lash,
If only we could be so isolated.

The world is far too global for us to ignore it. We also have many allies that rely on American muscle for protection. That is how they can afford such things as socialized medicine and have such wonderful economies. Japan, S. Korea are directly threatened by that little fat man in Worst Korea. Israel and many other middle east countries live in fear of ISIS and other terrorists.
layman

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:35 pm
@layman,
Anyone not of the female persuasion (which includes candyass effeminates who try to call themselves "men") intuitively understands why we responded to this challenge.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:37 pm
Quote:
Spicer under fire for claiming Hitler didn't use chemical weapons
By LOUIS NELSON 04/11/17

White House press secretary Sean Spicer [...] quickly walked back the comments, saying he did not intend to "lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust" when he suggested during a daily briefing that Assad's chemical weapons attack on civilians in rebel territory last week made him worse at least in one respect than Hitler, who Spicer said "didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."

Hitler just sprinkled a little Zyclon B here or there, you know. Almost nothing...
cicerone imposter

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:40 pm
@Olivier5,
Trump just has a lot of uninformed incompetent people working in his administration. More of that incompetence to come. Look who he recruited into his administration. It's become a family affair.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I don't agree with Lashs stance and I don't believe in anti-US propaganda.

Of course you don't. You needn't have wasted so many words. You are so perfectly brainwashed that you can't grasp up from down, left from right.

It is apparent that you do love the pro-US propaganda. The difference is you can't discuss the issues that illustrate that the US is a deeply evil country because of your deep immersion in US propaganda. You folks are such cowards in this respect.

You see it in your crazy tangents that come up when anyone, Lash in this case, points up the evil.
camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 02:56 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Israel and many other middle east countries live in fear of ISIS and other terrorists.

Created by none other than the US of A.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Is that why Blatham quoted and highlighted that bit? To show "an example of the movement's focus, power, and success."?

Good grief, man, who cares what blatham highlighted? He obviously was drawing attention to something of particular interest to him and possibly others here as well. I mean, what's your objection to this highlighted quote:
Quote:
“The funders all got the idea right away—that you can win elections, you can have mass mobilizations, but unless you can change élites and the institutions that are by and large controlled by the élites, like the courts, there are limits to what you can do...”

Why is that offensive? I wish I could say something similar about anti-right groups. Hell, I'd be jealous if I didn't believe that in this case it's more about the power of money rather than the power of the people.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:03 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Zyclon B

It's organic. Made from arugula and latte. It's a liberal thing.

A little bit of relevant history
Quote:
In 1988, during the waning days of Iraq’s war with Iran, the United States learned through satellite imagery that Iran was about to gain a major strategic advantage by exploiting a hole in Iraqi defenses. U.S. intelligence officials conveyed the location of the Iranian troops to Iraq, fully aware that Hussein’s military would attack with chemical weapons, including sarin, a lethal nerve agent.

The intelligence included imagery and maps about Iranian troop movements, as well as the locations of Iranian logistics facilities and details about Iranian air defenses. The Iraqis used mustard gas and sarin prior to four major offensives in early 1988 that relied on U.S. satellite imagery, maps, and other intelligence. These attacks helped to tilt the war in Iraq’s favor and bring Iran to the negotiating table, and they ensured that the Reagan administration’s long-standing policy of securing an Iraqi victory would succeed. But they were also the last in a series of chemical strikes stretching back several years that the Reagan administration knew about and didn’t disclose.
Foreign Policy
As some of you will recall, Rumsfeld, at the time working for a pharmaceutical firm, facilitated the sale/shipment of biological weapons components to Iraq. But, if I recall correctly, it was German firms that were most complicit with Sadaam in chemical weapons production.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:08 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Of course you don't. You needn't have wasted so many words. You are so perfectly brainwashed that you can't grasp up from down, left from right.

Says the guy who thinks 9-11 was a setup.

Quote:
t is apparent that you do love the pro-US propaganda. The difference is you can't discuss the issues that illustrate that the US is a deeply evil country because of your deep immersion in US propaganda.

There is no discussion with you, the US is evil remember. How can we talk about anything when everything is evil? I'd have a better discussion with a Russian commie from the pre-wall fall.

Quote:
You folks are such cowards in this respect.

Cowards? Last time I checked, you were the one who was afraid to answer a simple question. Where do you live? I don't want an address, just a country.

Quote:
You see it in your crazy tangents that come up when anyone, Lash in this case, points up the evil.

You are the King of tangents and prove it with most of your BS posts about 9-11. Someone says they saw a pretty building walking through a city and you reply with something like "Well I bet those buildings would have fallen just like the twin towers if someone rigged them with explosives." Hell, someone can't even mention seeing a plane without you saying no plane hit the twin towers... camlok/JTT the Tangent King.

hightor

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:08 pm
I didn't see that anyone linked this NY Times Magazine story, but if I missed it, excuse me.

I Thought I Understood the American Right. Trump Proved Me Wrong.
Quote:
It is a short leap from advertising and reality TV to darker forms of manipulation. Consider the parallels since the 1970s between conservative activism and the traditional techniques of con men. Direct-mail pioneers like Richard Viguerie created hair-on-fire campaign-fund-raising letters about civilization on the verge of collapse. One 1979 pitch warned that “federal and state legislatures are literally flooded with proposed laws that are aimed at total confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens.” Another, from the 1990s, warned that “babies are being harvested and sold on the black market by Planned Parenthood clinics.” Recipients of these alarming missives sent checks to battle phony crises, and what they got in return was very real tax cuts for the rich. Note also the more recent connection between Republican politics and “multilevel marketing” operations like Amway (Trump’s education secretary, Betsy DeVos, is the wife of Amway’s former president and the daughter-in-law of its co-founder); and how easily some of these marketing schemes shade into the promotion of dubious miracle cures (Ben Carson, secretary of housing and urban development, with “glyconutrients”; Mike Huckabee shilling for a “solution kit” to “reverse” diabetes; Trump himself taking on a short-lived nutritional-supplements multilevel marketing scheme in 2009). The dubious grifting of Donald Trump, in short, is a part of the structure of conservative history.
blatham

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:09 pm
Exemplary logic from the son who studied at his dad's knees, apparently.
Quote:
Syria’s deployment of chemical weapons against its own people, and the U.S. missile strikes targeting a Syrian military air base in response, proved that there is no connection between President Donald Trump and the Russian government, Trump’s son said in an interview published Tuesday.

“If there was anything that Syria did, it was to validate the fact that there is no Russia tie,” Eric Trump told The Daily Telegraph during an interview at the family’s Trump Turnberry golf resort in Scotland. Russia, the most powerful ally of Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, has condemned the U.S. missile strikes and been critical of the U.S. president for ordering them.
Politico
0 Replies