monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

McGentrix

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 06:48 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Everyone knew Trump would be President when Gorsuch was in college...

It doesn't sound as if you've read the article. There's no "secret society".

Your response is somewhat defensive, which is odd because a conservative, swelling with pride, could have posted the same article as an example of the movement's focus, power, and success.

Is that why Blatham quoted and highlighted that bit? To show "an example of the movement's focus, power, and success."?

Blatham referenced the Federalist Society some time back as well. We both know what Blatham's intentions are so don't pretend otherwise.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 06:58 am
@farmerman,
In Britain Thatcher gave us the alternative comedy movement of the 80s which pretty much swept aside everything that proceeded it.
blatham

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 07:05 am
Damn, I really do like this guy.
Quote:
VATICAN CITY — As politicians around the world including President Trump take an increasingly hard line on immigration, a powerful force is rallying to the side of migrants: the Roman Catholic Church led by Pope Francis.

Catholic cardinals, bishops and priests are emerging as some of the most influential opponents of immigration crackdowns backed by right-wing populists in the United States and Europe. The moves come as Francis, who has put migrants at the top of his agenda, appears to be leading by example, emphasizing his support for their rights in sermons, speeches and deeds.
WP
For several years I kept a google news alert on the Catholic League's Bill Donohue because I wanted to keep track of what the ultra-conservative Catholic community was up to (he pockets a half million a year, by the way).
Donohue is an utterly despicable character. He's as mean-spirited as anyone on the political scene, he's a bully and he's consistently dishonest. And regardless of his protestations, he is not comfortable with his Pope.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
Thatcher in the UK, Reagan in the US, and here in Canada Brian Mulroney. It was a seriously ugly period in time.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 08:55 am
Do I remember it correctly? Did WH say Tillerson was not going to Moscow this week? Well if so, that was a lie.

Quote:
Tillerson visits Russia as tensions over Syria flare

CNN

Clearly the Trump team needs to get on one page.

Another edit: looked it up it was Johnson who cancelled trip. In my opinion, Johnson made the correct decision.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 09:29 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

You know you can make your own thread for items which have nothing to do with the thread you are posting in?

https://youtu.be/tntOCGkgt98
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 09:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's interesting that Truman (Trum...) and Trump (Trum...) has a similar spelling in their names. Both with the lowest rating as POTUS.

Uh...Yeah...Only to you CI...Only to you.
layman

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:22 am
No matter how preposterous and self-refuting the claim, you can still be sure some wack-ass lefty will make it, eh?

Quote:
Left's New Claim: Trump and Putin Orchestrated Syria Attacks as Distraction

A new conspiracy theory was floated in recent days by MSNBC hosts and guests.

They claimed that Thursday's U.S. missile strike on a Syrian air base was meant to distract from President Donald Trump's alleged ties to Russia.

"Missiles always change the subject," said Lawrence O'Donnell, alleging it's possible that Trump and Vladimir Putin coordinated from the start in a "wag the dog" scenario.

He claimed there is no proof that the conspiracy theory he outlined is "impossible." Former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann called the missile strikes a "stunt" by Trump and criticized the media for "falling for it."

Typical lefty "logic," sho nuff. Ya can't prove my wild-ass claims, made without any substantiation whatsoever are "impossible," so.....

Somethin in their head just aint right.
cicerone imposter

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:24 am
@giujohn,
I'm not the one who voted.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 11:39 am
@layman,
Got a link? Do you not believe in providing links for your quotes or what? It is your responsibility to provide a link to quotes, not make everybody else do your work for you.

In any event, it is a stupid claim if they did make it.
giujohn

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 11:46 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Got a link? Do you not believe in providing links for your quotes or what? It is your responsibility to provide a link to quotes, not make everybody else do your work for you.

In any event, it is a stupid claim if they did make it.

Is that like a federal law or something?

If you care to dispute something it should be encombant in you to find the proof.
camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 11:48 am
@layman,
Quote:
Typical lefty "logic," sho nuff. Ya can't prove my wild-ass claims, made without any substantiation whatsoever are "impossible," so.....

Somethin in their head just aint right.

This isn't righty or lefty, it is quintessentially American. Lots of things in their heads just ain't right!
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 11:50 am
@giujohn,
That would have put you out of a job for your whole life, giujohn.

Reading your posts, it makes one wonder how many other equally incompetent people there are in the same work you were in.
revelette1

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:23 pm
@giujohn,
If you are going to use big sounding words, it might make sense to use the spell check first.

encombant should be incumbent. Moreover, I wasn't making any claims or disputes.
layman

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:39 pm
Here's one of the fools in his own stupid-ass words.

Elsewhere, he puts the probabilty of his wild-ass speculation being true, not just "not impossible," but as high as 50% in another exchange with Rachel Maddcow.

Maddcow aint got nuthin in the way of glib smugness on this fool, eh?

News, ya know?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:49 pm
@Lash,
Somewhat cliche, but if not us, then who?

Again though you keep focusing on this as some sort of humanitarian response or act of policing. It wasn't either.

It was, pure and simple, sending a message to global thugs and our foes.

If you cross one of our lines, you will pay; and if you're not sure what those lines are, be very careful and try and figure them out before you take some outrageous and/or provocative action.

It was an exercise in the wielding and management of power when faced with powerful foes. Whether on a playground, a barroom or the global stage, you need to make your opponents believe you will act when provoked and that they will not like how you act. If you display indecision or weakness you invite aggression. This is primal stuff writ large.

Far to much analysis has accompanied this strike.

camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
More importantly, the US is not the world's police.

Ahhhh, up pops the old conventional lunacy, as if the US was ever that.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:11 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Why us?

Ummmm, because the US has been trying to overthrow the Syrian government for years. That is terrorism, plain and simple.

Odd that you folks always ignore that and the war crimes.
Lash

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:37 pm
@camlok,
If you've read anything I've said, you'd know I've been bringing up those facts the whole damn time.

camlok

Tue 11 Apr, 2017 01:40 pm
@Lash,
Point taken and accepted on faith.

Why aren't the others?