monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

cicerone imposter

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 07:45 pm
@blatham,
Democrats must continue to oppose Trump.
http://observer.com/2017/03/congressional-democrats-must-continue-to-oppose-trump-gop/
giujohn

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 07:45 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
The GOP is going downhill very fast. We just need to wait until the next election cycle to see how many GOP hold their seats.

Do you think we will make it to the next election cycle?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0TsfSdI4HU[/youtube]

I think I may lose my bet to guijohn on the impeachment now. War is a great distraction from comparatively mundane DC shenanigans.

The war may float Trump through several months. If he bombs that fat retard in Korea, a few more, and if he cleans up Obama's premature ejaculate in Iran, we'd better get used to whatever the hell iteration of Republicans evolves in the interim.

No worries...If you beg nicely I'll reconsider 🤔
Lash

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:00 pm
@giujohn,
Made me laugh.

The bet stands. I think I'll come back as Bunny Lebowski if Trump pulls this off.
giujohn

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:13 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Made me laugh.

The bet stands. I think I'll come back as Bunny Lebowski if Trump pulls this off.

Ooooh Tara Reid...Green bikini...😜...Caliente!!!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:16 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
#WhoCaresAboutKids

Trump does. Its why he had Syria bombed. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes And if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Charles M. Blow‏Verified account @CharlesMBlow 10h10 hours ago
Tuck this feather in ur hat: Feds spent $100 mil to bomb airbase in Syria but couldn't find $55 mil to fix pipes in Flint #WhoCaresAboutKids

And doesn't that tell us all we need to know about where power and influence reside and who in the nation are deemed of no importance.

How ridiculous is your reasoning?

Yes...Very specious.
McGentrix

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:26 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

blatham wrote:

Quote:
Tuck this feather in ur hat: Feds spent $100 mil to bomb airbase in Syria but couldn't find $55 mil to fix pipes in Flint #WhoCaresAboutKids

And doesn't that tell us all we need to know about where power and influence reside and who in the nation are deemed of no importance.

How ridiculous is your reasoning?

Yes...Very specious.

Huh, why would the Federal Govt be involved in fixing water pipes in Flint?
RABEL222

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
but he did it for the wrong reason.

The reason being a 35% good job rating and a 55% poor job rating. He couldent care less about a few 10's of kids getting gassed too death.
giujohn

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
but he did it for the wrong reason.

The reason being a 35% good job rating and a 55% poor job rating. He couldent care less about a few 10's of kids getting gassed too death.

What absolute bullshit. Just like Trump didn't give the polls a second thought during the campaign, he could give a rats ass about them now. He knows as do most of us that they are manipulated by the fake news boys...Nobody cares.
cicerone imposter

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 08:45 pm
@giujohn,
You don't know Trump if you believe he doesn't look at polls.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58222d6de4b0e80b02cd3beb
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 09:16 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
I'm told that satellites, thousands of miles up in space, can use telescopic resolutions so powerful that they can read the date on a penny lyin on the sidewalk.

Not quite that good. The visible light satellites (can NOT see through clouds) have pixels about 4 inches across. The radar satellites (CAN see through clouds) have pixels about 10 inches across. U2 and SR71 spyplanes had pixels about 1 inch across.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 09:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Quote:

I guess the Obama Administration just didn't care about the people of Flint.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 09:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
A Syrian refugee speaks out.

Quote:
A Syrian refugee who was shouted down at a Stop the War demonstration says he "felt oppressed" by the group.

The protest in Downing Street on Friday evening was against the American attack on a Syrian airbase.

Hassan Akkad, from Damascus, asked why the group was not protesting against President Assad instead, but was drowned out.

He said: "British people not letting a Syrian say something about Syria in a protest about Syria. It's mad."

After a video of the encounter video was shared widely online, Mr Akkad told the BBC: "I didn't see them protesting against the chemical attacks, I didn't see them protesting against Putin bombing Syria for the last two years.

"I wanted to go to that protest and I wanted to observe.

"I went to the protest and I saw a group of 30 people with placards, not a single mention of Assad.

"All the placards are against Donald Trump and they're repeating baseless slogans with their megaphones."

He added: "I went to them respectfully and said, 'Listen I'm a Syrian refugee who lives here and I have an opinion, it's a protest about Syria I want to say something'.

"They didn't even address me, they ignored my existence. With their megaphones they went louder and louder and the organisers told them to carry on."

Mr Akkad left Syria in September 2015. He says he was imprisoned twice and tortured for protesting against Assad's regime.

He left his family there and made an 87-day journey to the UK.
Mr Akkad said when the US launched its attack on a Syrian airbase, it did so with "great accuracy" whereas, he said, Assad's bombers "literally shred people down".

"They [President's Assad's forces] have killed hundreds of thousands, we've lost our home, we were displaced, we were made refugees all because of the Assad regime," he said.

"People were tortured to death, chemical attacks, all sort of attacks barrel bombs shredding children and flattening down entire cities.

"So bombing Assad's war machines is in our favour because that means less Syrian civilians will die, less children will die."

After the group would not let Mr Akkad speak, he said: "I felt oppressed, it was like being back in Syria. Like how the Syrian police used to mute our voices.

"I'm not going to be silenced I have the right to say what I believe.

"I left the protest. I was angry, I was livid."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39540340

Good post. Anti-war types are scum.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 09:21 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
The story ain't much

That's because it's the Independent.

The UK does have some great media outlets. The Guardian and FT in particular. Ch. 4 News is pretty good too.

But not the Independent. (Though the Independent is far better than the Daily Mail or the Mirror.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 09:22 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
ISIS is known to possess and have previously used chemical weapons.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/world/middleeast/isis-chemical-weapons-syria-iraq-mosul.html

Bit of a difference between sarin and mustard.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 09:58 pm
@georgeob1,
I said
Quote:
Perhaps a better way to think of this problem is that "live and let live" is not well equipped to deal with "kill the enemy".

you said
Quote:
Are you suggesting that Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are practicing "live and let live" ??? Really ???

My suggestion is much broader than that. It is that modern US conservatism and the Republican party are now ideologically and operationally extremists and that this extremism is not mirrored on the left. It is asymmetrical. Further, that this extremism contains as a central tenet that only conservatism (as modernly understood within the movement and party) is the only legitimate governing philosophy. From this notion of 'the one true faith' arises all the justifications for a deeply cynical approach to power. Democracy is not cherished, thus voter disenfranchisement. Norms are to be discarded wherever convenient and possible, thus Garland, thus the tolerance for blatant and serial dishonesty from the president and others, thus the tolerance for and continual use of Fox as a propaganda operation, thus the acceptance of a broad narrative that all media which are not supporting conservatives and the GOP are producers of lies and fake news.

Further, this modern conservative extremism is in the service not merely of extremist ideologues' hope and goals but also of the very wealthy - individuals, families and corporate entities. The poor, the disadvantaged, and the middle class are seen either as impediments or as fodder for more profit-taking. It is highly punitive and deeply authoritarian. It is proto-fascist.
oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 10:14 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I distinctly remember Republicans (and Tulsi Gabbard) defending Assad back when Obama wanted to get rid of him.

The Republicans never defended Assad. And Obama expressly avoided all attempts to forcibly remove Assad.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 10:15 pm
@Lash,

Not in that article.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 10:16 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Next Trump is going to close Gitmo, because it's only a good idea if a 70 year-old white man wants to try it.

Closing Guantanamo is a bad idea no matter who does it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Now suddenly all Republicans will back Trumps's decision, yet, they prevented any attempt Obama made.

Republicans are not at fault for Obama's failures.
0 Replies