monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:32 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:
Clinton in 1st Interview After US Polls

April 08 02:28 2017

Comparing herself with Mary Mallon, who was isolated after she became the first person in U.S. to be diagnosed with typhoid, Clinton said that public opinion changed when she showed interest in running for the White House.

"I don't know that there is one answer", she told the Women in the World Summit in NY when asked why a majority of white women voted for a Republican who had boasted of groping women.

"By the time they finished with me, I was Typhoid Mary", she said, attributing her sharp decline in popularity to sexism directed against women who display ambition.

http://aliveforfootball.com/2017/04/clinton-in-1st-interview-after-us-polls/

Well, there ya have it, then, eh? Sexism, pure and simple.

On a related note, Marion Barry would still be the Mayor of DC if he wasn't black.

Hmmm...Ya know what? I Didn't vote for her, cuz she's a ****! Is that sexist?
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:36 pm
I can't help it, I chuckle every time I see this clip, and it aint just the part at the very end:

WHY AINT I 50 POINTS AHEAD!?
0 Replies

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:39 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Hmmm... Ya know what? I Didn't vote for her, cuz she's a ****! Is that sexist?

Naw, John, that's merely descriptive, that's all. And in a highly accurate way, too.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The one who thinks the CIA and those who control the military industrial complex are above board and incapable of deadly real politik is the one wearing his hat too tight.
Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Skepticism is wise, believing the most improbable is not

True. This story is still unfolding, so of course I'm not decided. But I take Eisenhower's warning to heart, and I've observed the horror that has become my country. I also follow the money.

These observations cause me to lean to the scenario I suggested. Jury is out though. 👽
jcboy

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:46 pm
I distinctly remember Republicans (and Tulsi Gabbard) defending Assad back when Obama wanted to get rid of him.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:47 pm
@Lash,
Well, Darlin, ya know, this whole thing started because when there was political unrest, Assad, who, as a Shite, is in a small minority of Syrians, decided he would take care of the whole situation by force, repeatedly attacking protestors in crowds with guns, and **** like that.

It aint like he aint got a long-ass history of smokin Syrian citizens, eh?
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have seen several staged pictures from Syria, actually. I'm not making that claim regarding this picture, but now that you mention it--the lips should be blue, and no one who dies is still pink.

The point I was making is we don't know which of the six or so separate actors in the region gassed--or if the gassing was intentional. Someone could've hit a gas storage area intentionally or accidentally. One faction may have framed another faction.

Don't be led around with such little effort.
reasoning logic

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Stop kidding yourself you 'get' something the rest of us don't. You see things in very simple terms

This must be one of the most unintellectual statements that I have ever read.

I am not surprised by the person who wrote it.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:54 pm
@Lash,
Among other evidence (like satellites tracking the planes to their destination), after allowing enough time for the dying to get to the hospital, the planes came back and bombed the hospital (to destroy the "evidence" of gassing). This aint the first time they done that, neither.
reasoning logic

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:56 pm
What do all of you think about the number one best selling biography in the world about Donald Trump?

oralloy

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 06:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
The point I was making is we don't know which of the six or so separate actors in the region gassed--or if the gassing was intentional. Someone could've hit a gas storage area intentionally or accidentally. One faction may have framed another faction.

Very unlikely that there are any chemical weapons storage facilities in areas that are not firmly under Assad's control.

Further, this attack was the result of properly mixed chemicals that were dispensed by trained soldiers who knew exactly how to use chemical weapons.

Blowing up a storage facility would not result in what happened here, even if there had been such a storage facility in rebel areas.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 06:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
The Making of Donald Trump, As Told by a Journalistic Nemesis

“The coverage has been extremely poor in my opinion,” Johnston, who at 67 clearly still enjoys making trouble...“They’re covering him as though he is a serious person,” Johnston said of the Republican presidential nominee. Though Johnston believes there has been some good coverage of Trump, he faulted it for being too highbrow, “not written in tabloid style.” Johnston also repeatedly dubbed Trump “a modern-day P.T. Barnum."

http://billmoyers.com/story/making-donald-trump-told-journalistic-nemesis/

Heh, that's rich. The press doesn't treat Trump harshly enough, according to this "nemesis" and sensationalist writer who demands a "tabloid style," and pretends he doesn't see that very style of "reporting" on Trump every day from the MSM.

Sounds real credible, sho nuff.

He claims he's the only one who knows "the truth" and that nobody else knows how to "vette" Trump. Nice try, cheese-eater. Problem is, even they have some minimal standards which deters them from publishing rumors with no reasonable basis, because they'll get their ass sued off if they do.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:13 pm
@layman,
A link proving that would go a long way with me.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

A link proving that would go a long way with me.

Well, google it, Babe. I read it somewhere, just forget where now. Maybe try "evidence for Syrian use of sarin gas" or something. If ya have a lot of trouble, I'll try to look for ya, but I don't think ya will.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:28 pm
@layman,
Probably not the best link for this, but here's one with pictures and explanations (first one I came across):

Quote:
Is this the proof Syrian butcher Bashar al-Assad ordered chemical weapons attack on Syrian women and children?

Only a few hours later a missile tore into the hospital treating the injured, leading to accusations the Syrian air force was trying to cover up the atrocity.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3286709/is-this-the-proof-syrian-butcher-bashar-al-assad-ordered-chemical-weapons-attack-on-syrian-women-and-children/
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:49 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Lawmakers Say Proof Lacking Before Trump Bombed Syria

Lawmakers who question the evidentiary support for Trump's missile strikes said it's plausible but unproven that Assad is responsible.

"I think we all can assume Assad was responsible, but that's an assumption at this time," Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., told U.S. News a couple hours before the strikes.

Rep. Jim Himes, a Connecticut Democrat who says he's angry Trump did not seek congressional approval first, says, "I think the Russian statements and the Assad statements about their not doing this are just utter lies."

"As a member of the [House] intelligence committee I have a pretty good feel for how relatively straightforward attribution is in cases like this," Himes says. "I have not actually been presented the evidence, but I know how they do it."

Lawmakers who acknowledge a sliver of doubt about whether Assad was responsible appear to be in a clear minority. Most treat Assad's guilt as a fact, and skeptics are among the loudest advocates for congressional input in warmaking decisions.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2017-04-07/lawmakers-say-proof-lacking-before-trump-bombed-syria
Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:16 pm
@layman,
It's very hot that you included a link to a narrative that diverges from your opinion, even though you used editorial bolding... hot cha cha!

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

It's very hot that you included a link to a narrative that diverges from your opinion, even though you used editorial bolding... hot cha cha!

Well, ya know, I agree with both sides. I figure it highly likely that Assad done it, but I have to agree that no absolutely conclusive proof of that has been presented. What else is new? There's never any absolutely conclusive proof of anything.

0 Replies

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:55 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I have a pretty good feel for how relatively straightforward attribution is in cases like this," Himes says.

I'm told that satellites, thousands of miles up in space, can use telescopic resolutions so powerful that they can read the date on a penny lyin on the sidewalk. They coulda seen them loadin up the chemicals, for all I know.