monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:20 am
@farmerman,
Are you a member of the GOP from 2008, Farmer?
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:21 am
@maporsche,
GOOEY and his toadies suffer from short term memory loss so, perhaps if we say it a few more times

Quote:
Here's a fact...MOST AMERICANS DO NOT SUPPORT TRUMP
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:21 am
@farmerman,
Yea, who can forget that Mitch was going to make Obama a one term president. He thought he was so powerful, it went over his head. LOL
layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

GOOEY and his toadies suffer from short term memory loss so, perhaps if we say it a few more times

Quote:
Here's a fact...MOST AMERICANS DO NOT SUPPORT TRUMP

Yet another stone-cold cheese-eater, eh? ****, they're everywhere.

You seem a little upset, Farmer? Need a therapy dog? Playdough, maybe? Coloring book, mayhaps? Would hot cocoa help?
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:24 am
@layman,
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/05/mcconnell-refuses-to-call-trump-racist.html
layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:26 am
@cicerone imposter,

Hahahahahahahahaha!

"Spoken" like a hard-core cheese-eater, sho nuff, Al.

It sounds like you need a "safe space" to retreat to. You can't process any opinion that doesn't agree with yours. Trump is NOT racist, sorry. Read what any and every person who know him says about that.

Oh, wait, you are the omniscient ruler of your solipsistic world, I forgot. Don't matter none what everyone else may know.
georgeob1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:30 am
@farmerman,
Having a bad day farmerman? I think the resolution of Republicans, to which you referred, to Oppose Obama's program came after their proposals for some amendment to the Obamacare legislation were rejected out of hand, and after it became clear he would force a preemptive bug out from Iraq, instead of the phased withdrawl they wanted. It is interesting to note that both Republican proposals, had they been accepted, would very likely have led to a much better situation for Obama and the country today.

Partisan politics is more or less the same on both sides of the political divide. However it would be very hard to depict the Democrat opposition as behaving in a particularly rational, wise or even intelligent way right now. The emerging "new" leadership in the Congress and the DNC doesn't suggest much in the way of reasoned adaptation to the new circumstances they face.

The recession of 2007/8 was indeed sharp and deep. It's causes were a bubble in the housing market caused by an excess of subsidized government capitalization and pressures to meet quotas for marginally qualified borrowers - plus of course all the greed and exploitive behavior that arises in such circumstances among lenders, buyers, flippers and others. Our recovery from this recession has been very slow by historical standards, and the current economic growth rate is far lower than what has prevailed for the past several decades. Indeed it appears this was a very likely factor in the outcome of the election.

giujohn

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:32 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Now we can expect some real humor. A president with untreated ADHD.

Obama leaves Trump with an economy rolling right along, as compared to the economy he inherited from that douche bag Bush and that Super Massive Block Hole Dick Cheney
Can we think of one thing positive about the Bush Regime??
Do all you Trump lappers have Alzheimers??

Keep posting... I'm still diagnosing you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:34 am
@layman,
Rather than debunking the article, you resort to ad hominems like a ten year old.
layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:35 am
Quote:
Donald Trump on Friday vociferously -- and repeatedly -- defended his claims that a judge overseeing a lawsuit against Trump University is biased because of his Mexican heritage, pushing back against criticism that his objections are racist.

"He's proud of his his heritage. I respect him for that," Trump said, dismissing charges that his allegation was racist. "He's a Mexican. We're building a wall between here and Mexico.

At the end of a lengthy exchange, Tapper asked: "If you are saying he cannot do his job because of his race, is that not the definition of racism?"
"No, I don't think so at all," Trump said.

Trump first broached these waters in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published Thursday, in which he said Curiel, who was born in Indiana, had an "inherent conflict of interest" in the Trump University lawsuit.

"If he was giving me a fair ruling, I wouldn't say that," Trump told Tapper, pointing again to Curiel's background. "I think that's why he's doing it."

"I'm building a wall. I'm trying to keep business out of Mexico. Mexico's fine," Trump said. "He's of Mexican heritage, and he's very proud of it, as I am of where I come from."

Just for starters, someone might want to tell Tapper (and Al) that "Mexican" aint no race.

Of course even where race is somehow involved, like a black juror at the O.J. Simpson trial, for example, would be "racist" if he didn't vote guilty, I suppose. And, of course, a white juror would be racist if he DID vote guilty, that the way it works?

A lot of people thought that black jurors had conflicting interests and "loyalties" in the OJ case. But did they? Who knows? But, like Trump, some people suspected that there might be an unconscious sense of "duty" operating.
georgeob1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Rather than debunking the article, you resort to ad hominems like a ten year old.

You do that as well Cicerone.
layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:50 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

You do that as well Cicerone.

Well, George, don't say "as well" too quickly if that implicitly includes me. I responded to his ridiculous conclusion in a substantive manner.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:54 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

A lot of people thought that black jurors had conflicting interests and "loyalties" in the OJ case. But did they? Who knows? But, like Trump, some people suspected that there might be an unconscious sense of "duty" operating.

But, why would anyone even think that to begin with? Because, like Trump, they thought it was an extremely bad finding, contrary to the evidence, and hence began suspecting ulterior motives.

Of course them "thinking" that certainly doesn't prove they're right. Any more than Al insisting that it HAS to be "racist" makes him right.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:57 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I guess so if you're hard of hearing.

There are deaf and hard of hearing members of this site.

__

That is only one good reason to provide a transcript.
farmerman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 12:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
and Rush Limbo was announcing this treasonous **** on the radio almost every day
farmerman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 12:05 pm
@layman,
I love cheese. I hear that it tastes nothing like your favorite snack which is excrement.
Toadies do eat excrement you know?

yep yep
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 12:10 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

and Rush Limbo was announcing this treasonous **** on the radio almost every day

That's rich... A partisan politician saying that he's going to work to ensure that another partisan politician won't be reelected after his first term... Treasonous??

But yet a cabinet-level appointee who purposely circumvents security procedures and exposes our nation's secrets and undercover operatives to Jeopardy is not treasonous??

Keep posting I'm still diagnosing you.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 12:11 pm
I admit it, I am shocked, not kidding.

McConnell announces probe of suspected Russian election interference
Quote:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday strongly condemned any foreign interference with U.S. elections and announced that the Senate intelligence panel will investigate Russia’s suspected election interference.

“The Russian are not our friends,” McConnell told reporters at a scheduled year-end news conference.

McConnell’s announcement came a day after a group of senators called for a thorough, bipartisan investigation of Russian interference. Some have endorsed the idea of a special select committee to lead an investigation, but McConnell stopped short of endorsing that, saying that any congressional probe would follow “regular order” through the current committee structure.

“This simply cannot be a partisan issue,” McConnell said, before adding that the Intelligence Committee “is more than capable of conducting a complete review of this matter.”
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 12:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More fake news from the imposter...
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 12:17 pm
@georgeob1,
I never have bad days, I only have just some that are more interesting. Limbaugh was on the horn DAY 1 after election day in 2008, gathering the Right-wing nut troops to make the Obama presidency a hell for him. Seems like Obama had more of an interesting time and Limbo became an apostrophe in history .Rush who?

As Victor Cha said
"Often our presidencies arent about an agenda you plan to come in with , but its the crises you must deal with"

Bush had 911
Obamainherited Bush's economic meltdown (and did a good job of making it a thing of the past) despite GOP stonewalling

Trump has pretty easy sailing unless he fucks it up even more than hes showing us (with his opening posturing ).

Ill just sit here and eat my cheeses and worry for the ole Republic. (and start planning for 2020 when we can get rid of this ADHD sociopath)