monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:25 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
hightor wrote:

Quote:
If you're referring to the plane load of cash, that was Iran's money. We returned it to them.

Is that what Blatham told you or is that something you guys learn from weird online conspiracy websites?

You should watch this, it's what Iran looked like in 1973:

Any money we may have ever owed to Iran was owed to the Iranian people, and not to the barbarian clique which presently holds Iran in thrall. The duty of an American government was to hold that money in escrow until the mullahs could have been overthrown. There is no meaningful difference between Bork Obunga handing that money over to those assholes, and the idea of an American government handing a similarly huge sum over to Adolf Hitler in 1939.There is no way to justify either action

0 Replies

layman

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:38 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Shotguns make a lot of sense.

Especially if ya saw off most of the barrel(s), eh?
hightor

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Is that what Blatham told you or is that something you guys learn from weird online conspiracy websites?

You had to ask, didn't you...

ouija board
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:45 pm
@layman,
Rangers and Green Berets and similar outfits have tactical shotguns, some fully automatic, for door to door fighting in which an enemy is never likely to be more than 100 feet away. Under those circumstances, such a weapon can simply put down more lead on a target than any sort of pistol or rifle ever could.
hightor

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:58 pm
@gungasnake,
What are the rules for US penitentiaries? Are short-barreled shotguns standard issue in prison armories?
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:01 pm
@hightor,
http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/the-shooting-gallery/
georgeob1

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:03 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Was Spiro Agnew some sort of a hero of yours?
deductive reasoning was probably something that you were never accused of employing neh?

He was considered a criminal by the people of Maryland.

As was Nancy Pelosi's father - former mayor D'Alessandro of Baltimore.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:09 pm
@georgeob1,
Agnew was the second US vp to resign.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:16 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Especially if ya saw off most of the barrel(s), eh?

Riot guns are only as long as they need to be, to hold seven shells and one up the pipe.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's what I feared. Sobering and creepy...

Time to watch some kitten videos.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:25 pm
@hightor,
Seattle filed challenge against Trump's sanctuary cities EO.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/sanctuary-cities/
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:51 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
What are the rules for US penitentiaries? Are short-barreled shotguns standard issue in prison armories?

I've got no idea on that one, you might want to give it about a month or two and then write and ask Hillary or Bork about it. A shotgun's pattern is determined by choke and not barrel length; the only advantage of a short barrel would be greater flexibility in narrow places. My own thinking is that if you're trying to use a shotgun in a tight or narrow place, you're doing something wrong, you should have had artillery plaster the building along with all of its tight places.
Fil Albuquerque

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:55 pm
@gungasnake,
Haven't you ear bout Bulpups ???
farmerman

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 08:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
oh **** another masturbatorium.
farmerman

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 08:49 pm
@farmerman,
Mikey Flynn has asked for immunity from prosecution . What is this, like day 70???.

Will any of President Tweets admin go to jail before the 100th day???

snood

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 08:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Mikey Flynn has asked for immunity from prosecution . What is this, like day 70???.

It is a consummation devoutly to be desired
glitterbag

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:04 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Was Spiro Agnew some sort of a hero of yours?
deductive reasoning was probably something that you were never accused of employing neh?

He was considered a criminal by the people of Maryland.

As was Nancy Pelosi's father - former mayor D'Alessandro of Baltimore.

Thomas D'Alessandro began his political career in 1926 and served in the Maryland House of Delegates until 1933. He was elected to the Baltimore City Council in 1935 thru 1938. He also represented the State of Maryland in the House of Representatives from 1939 until 1947 when he became the Mayor of Baltimore and served three terms ending 1959. The people of Maryland loved D'Alessandro and his wife. Their home in Baltimore was where people went for help and to resolve problems. I wasn't born until near the end of his political life so most of what I know would come from the Sunpaper (formerly known as the Evening Sun) which still runs nostalgia articles about the Mayor and his daughter Nancy Pelosi and his son, former Mayor of Baltimore Tommy D'Alessandro. I do remember his son appearing at various events when I was very young. I thought he had beautiful hair and was shorter than I expected.

So, I repeat: The people of Maryland viewed Agnew as a criminal. He had a mean streak and an affected imperial manner greatly aggravating the people of Baltimore who were mostly 1st and 2nd generation people from Greece, Poland, Italy, Germany, practically every european country and many who left Russia to avoid the pogroms. They came here for the factory and port jobs and they brought skilled labor and exquisite restaurants and wonderful wedding celebrations.
Who they loved, was Mayor D'Alessandro Jr. and Mayor D'Alessandro III and of course William Donald Schafer former City Council, former Mayor, Former Governor and former Comptroller. Outsiders maybe didn't like any of them, but they were the genuine article, born and bred, local boys who knew how to eat steamed crabs , vacationed Ocean City and worked hard for the people of Maryland.

farmerman

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:09 pm
@glitterbag,
how bout dem OOOOOOOOOORioles hun?
glitterbag

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:17 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

farmerman wrote:

It is a consummation devoutly to be desired

Things seem to be falling apart in epic fashion, but investigations have barely begun and I think a lot more time and effort must be spent in order to get things straight. I admit it looks suspicious and I'm particularly vexed over the Russia implication, but we need a lot more to actually indict or put people on trial. I dread the upcoming investigations, God only knows what could happen. I was appalled when I saw Flynn lead chants of "Lock her up" at the convention. It would be a bitter disappointment if the Democrats forged ahead with a similar call for blood. If crimes have been committed, lets get them to court....but lets not behave like the tea baggers or any of those white supremacist groups that always have the word "FREEDOM, AMERICA, PRIDE, CHRISTIAN,PURE OR STRENGTH OR MIGHT" in their slogan or gang name. That, I could not abide.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:47 pm
@glitterbag,
What ever comes of this, there's going to be a few heads rolling. All the President's men?
0 Replies