monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Leadfoot

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 08:15 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Or you could just relax. It's 2016, for goodness sake.

True that. I can't get excited about much of anything anymore.

OK, maybe cars.

But definitely not Trump.

OK, maybe the Trump Dow rally. It's almost good for a new Bimmer
Blickers

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 08:45 am
@layman,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Fact is, for all the fanfare george put behind the Maureen Dowd article he posted, he really should have read it first.

Quote layman:
Quote:
He did read it first--every word of it. But he didn't, as you posit, post HER article (which only added a brief introduction); he posted her brother's article.

Yes, georgeob1 posted the article written by Maureen Dowd's brother Kevin, a conservative generally opposed to everything Maureen writes, and identified it as being written by Maureen Dowd herself. And then lambasted Maureen for being a rat deserting a sinking liberal ship because of the things george said Maureen wrote in that column, which column was not written by Maureen. Maureen not only didn't write the column, she took pains to let the reader know her brother Kevin, who disagrees with her on most everything, wrote the column. But georgeob1 held it against Maureen for writing the column Maureen made clear she didn't actually write anyway.

Meanwhile, we eagerly await further rants and lamentations by georgeob1 against "the liberal media" and their lack of truthfulness and precision.

Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:23 am
@Leadfoot,
Be excited because that nasty woman wasn't able to steal the election.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:23 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Meanwhile, we eagerly await further rants and lamentations by georgeob1 against "the liberal media" and their lack of truthfulness and precision.

If that's what you're looking for, Blicky, no need to wait for George. And that would include both the existence of, and objections to, "the lack of truthfulness and precision of the liberal media." There's plenty of that in the posts already made by others after George left. A few questions:

1. Did you see, read, or hear Chris Wallace's in-depth interview with Trump on TV?

2. If not, did you bother to watch the "reprint" of it that I posted?

3. If not, do you even intend to?
Blickers

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:31 am
@layman,
1. No.

2. No.

3. I might, if it's germane to the discussion. Have a link? I have a semi-life away from the internet, and now that Election Day has passed I'm trying to push my Real Life / Internet Life ratio upward. For instance, I don't read every single page on this discussion, I read a little, post a little, then do a few other things and return later. When I return, I don't always recap all the pages that have been written while I was away.

I'll make a deal. Give me a link, and I'll watch the interview. If it's an hour long, it might take me a day to get through it, but I'll watch it.
layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:39 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I'll make a deal. Give me a link, and I'll watch the interview. If it's an hour long, it might take me a day to get through it, but I'll watch it.

Here ya go. It's 30 minutes overall, but the very first question pertains to the russian hacking issue.

Previously posted:

Quote:
I get the distinct feeling that some of the libs in this thread don't really listen to a word of what Trump says. They listen to left-wing pundits who tell them what Trump said (which is very selective in both content and disposition). I suspect that's exactly the way they want it, and don't even care to listen to Trump directly. They like the "slant" they get by staying in the lib echo chamber, and may, indeed, demand it.

I may be wrong. Trump participated in a somewhat in-depth interview with Chris Wallace today, and they discussed a number of very significant policies--climate, taxes, jobs, etc. Wallace also probed Trump's personal mindset and "style." They also discussed particular decisions such as cabinet choices, oil pipelines, etc. If anyone cares to listen to it, and haven't yet, just click below.

0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:50 am
0bama, he's kind of a dick.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/opinion/article120314663.html
giujohn

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:53 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

He is not a dick... He's a pussy.
farmerman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:55 am
@Frugal1,
You shoulld get out all the bile from your system before your "great ass" emperor assumes the throne of infallibility?

This morning ,from clips of his SUnday interview, they were playing his boast that he enjoyed the greatest defeat of the Dem party by his " massive landslide " Apparently, besides being such a sociopath and a serial liar, He doesnt even know how to count.

Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:57 am
@giujohn,
And a liar.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:00 am
@farmerman,
306 to 232 sounds like a ******* landslide to me... Seems to me you're the one that doesn't get the math.
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:07 am
@farmerman,
You should probably go back to bed...

That nasty woman is the sociopath & congenital liar American fears, and the election results prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that America did not want her to be president. She lost - deal with it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:12 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

306 to 232 sounds like a ******* landslide to me... Seems to me you're the one that doesn't get the math.

A fact is that a minority of voters and a huge minority of Americans voted this man into office. Whatever the electoral college says, while enough to get him into office, does not negate the fact that MOST American citizens voted against Trump and don't support him.
giujohn

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:13 am
I heard that the Russians interfered with this election. And if that's the case I think it should be investigated. My suspicion is that Russian agens forced Hillary to utilize an unsecured email for all her classified messages. Furthermore I believe the same Russian agents forced Hillary to delete some 33,000 of those emails and destroy them in such a way as never to be readable by the FBI.

These Machiavellian Russian agents also coerced both Hillary and Bill to offer State Department access and other favors to individuals and foreign governments and then accept millions of dollars in payment.

They then of course they exposed her emails in such a fashion as to convince American voters that she was a liar, treasonous, and untrustworthy so that they would never vote for her.

We cannot let this stand this is an assault on our very democracy.
ehBeth

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:13 am
@Blickers,
transcript

http://time.com/4597416/transcript-donald-trump-fox-interview/

interesting read

I find it very useful to read, rather than listen, to politicians.
layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You shoulld get out all the bile from your system before your "great ass" emperor assumes the throne of infallibility?

This morning ,from clips of his SUnday interview, they were playing his boast that he enjoyed the greatest defeat of the Dem party by his " massive landslide " Apparently, besides being such a sociopath and a serial liar, He doesnt even know how to count.

I don't recall his exact wording and/or every word he said, Farmer. The phrase "massive landslide" would be a little hyperbolic, I suppose. But "greatest defeat" was said in the context of the expectations. Truman barely beat Dewey in 1948, but it is nonetheless considered one of the "greatest victories," because the papers had already distributed issues saying he lost. They thought it was "impossible" for Truman to win, so they just printed the story in advance.
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:14 am
@giujohn,
Lock her sorry ass up.
giujohn

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:15 am
@maporsche,
The fact of the matter is that Hillary did not have the majority of the popular vote and that it doesn't matter because we don't directly vote to elect the president... Never have and never will.
ehBeth

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:17 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

I don't recall his exact wording and/or every word he said, Farmer

good thing you can check it in the transcript
0 Replies

layman

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 10:17 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I find it very useful to read, rather than listen, to politicians.

It may be more convenient, and it's a nice "record" to consult, looking back, but you can't really get the true sense of what he's saying if you don't hear the tone, the inflections, the timing, etc. of his responses. Is he talking it a belligerent manner? A confident one? Does he sound sincere, etc. You can't get feel for those kind of things by merely reading a transcript.
0 Replies