monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:27 pm
@jcboy,
I hope someone sane gave him the wrong nuclear codes...
jcboy

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

giant sticky trap.

Horrible way to go Razz
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:28 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
He wouldn't remember them anyway Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:29 pm
@jcboy,
I'm enjoying the fact that Trump's ego is being deflated by all the negatives that's been coming out in the media. His approval rating keeps dropping. I would love to see it in the single digits, but I know that won't happen because at least 33% of Americans support him - even after he's been shown to lack the proper knowledge to lead our great nation.
a) proven racial bigot
b) scammed people
c) lies over 70% of the time (according to Politifact)
d) lacks any knowledge about our Constitution
e) tried to ban Muslims from entering our country, but a judge overturned his bigoted eo
f) he's a con
g) the KKK and white supremacists love him (for a reason)

The latest report:
Quote:
Donald Trump’s approval rating has hit a new low of 36 per cent, according to the latest polling data.

The 36 per cent approval rating in the Gallup poll has was the average for the three days, 24 to 26 March, following Mr Trump’s failure to repeal and replace the health care legislation, Obamacare.

layman

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:32 pm
In the well-known words of Robert Zimmerman:

"It's all over now, Baby-blue."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://media.vocativ.com/photos/2017/01/2017_01_24-GallupPresidentApproval.r22493534305.png
0 Replies

layman

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
If some spoiled-ass rich kid told them that his dad had cut his weekly allowance down to $9,000 a week from $10,000, the cheese-eating left would be quick to show their "solidarity" and mount a protest march about the unfairness of "budget cuts hurting children," eh?
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:53 pm
@layman,
Prove it.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:56 pm
Hello Blatham,C.I....
Listen, I'm "monitoring"current events as well, and one thing I'm wondering -
These Senate hearings that Kuchner, Roger Stone and the other Trump henchmen are volunteering to appear before...
Do you know if any of this testimony is supposed to be under oath? If not, what's the point? They'll just coordinate their lies and call it a day.
And what is the argument now against doing the investigating with an independent select committee? That lackey dolt Nunes has made it crustal clear that he is working for Trump.
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:59 pm
@snood,
Congress has shown they are not afraid of Trump. Even if their testimony is not under oath, the media will keep reporting what is factual and what is not.
MontereyJack

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:00 pm
@layman,
You 're sick. Get professional help.
snood

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, but that isn't enough. The media can keep talking about how inept and corrupt this administration is forever, but there won't be any way to get them out unless someone uses the system to catch them breaking the law. If they get them lying under oath, that will be something tangible.
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
What I find interesting about Gallup's approval/disapproval rating for Trump is that 10% doesn't know. Are they brain dead?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:06 pm
@snood,
True, and I agree. Don't you find it strange that Trump's not been in the media? That's been his bread and butter.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/05/media/donald-trump-twitter-media/index.html
snood

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

You 're sick. Get professional help.

No doubt. Wouldn't waste time exchanging with him.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

True, and I agree. Don't you find it strange that Trump's not been in the media? That's been his bread and butter.

Not really that strange. Even his dumbass is smart enough to lay low after such huge losses.
cicerone imposter

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:13 pm
@snood,
We all know this world is full of mysteries. Here's one that boggles the mind.
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/posts/2016/10/RTSS0BQ/e9d4948de.jpg
BTW, how long do we have to wait until Trump makes America great again?

http://newcenturytimes.com/2017/02/01/trump-just-insulted-one-of-our-biggest-allies-americans-mortified/
blatham

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Listen, I'm "monitoring"current events as well, and one thing I'm wondering -
These Senate hearings that Kuchner, Roger Stone and the other Trump henchmen are volunteering to appear before...
Do you know if any of this testimony is supposed to be under oath? If not, what's the point? They'll just coordinate their lies and call it a day.
And what is the argument now against doing the investigating with an independent select committee? That lackey dolt Nunes has made it crustal clear that he is working for Trump.

Anyone better informed can correct me on the following. Not an area of expertise for me.
I believe they do testify under oath. But subpoenda power (for documents, say) resides in the total committee or sub-committee. No individual investigative member can issue a subpoena.

There's nothing to stop them coordinating and they surely will in this case. Or they'll forget anything critical, like their mother's name.

What's the point? Often little, I think, in examples like this one. Members will make speeches and so will subjects. If highly partisan, like this one, they can be just show trials - PR gambits with the air of authority.

Why no independent investigation? In this case, because that is the last thing Republicans want. And they'll avoid it if they can. What can force their hand is something I'm not clear on. This might help See Here
snood

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think its directly following when he builds the Mexico-paid-for wall, repeals and replaces Obamacare, and initiates a 7-country Muslim ban, I think. Right after that, America becomes great.
blatham

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 04:34 pm
Putin is saying that the protesters in Russia are "paid protesters".

There is no evidence that either Trump or Fox are working as consultants for the Russian government.
0 Replies