monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 05:03 pm
@glitterbag,
His is still stuck down the back of the sofa.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 05:18 pm
Note the date of this Sean Spicer tweet

Quote:
Wish I could be on the golf course but have to work - must be nice to be President
11:27 AM - 29 Jul 2012

0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 05:18 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

Have you ????

I suppose you read the tax code for relaxation. Why do you have to be such a pu&z to people who actually think you are a nice person?

No I hae never read the legislation and I suspect none, or at most very few, of the posters here have either.

Why does this concern you so much?
gungasnake

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 07:11 pm
LPAC joins Trump rally in NY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaKdZ-OM2NE&feature=youtu.be

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 07:37 pm
Hard to know at this point but various sources via twitter suggesting that Flynn has made a deal with the FBI.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 07:41 pm
@blatham,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rawstory.com/2017/03/cnn-analyst-sources-say-mike-flynn-has-turned-on-trump-and-become-witness-for-the-fbi/amp/
gungasnake

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:04 pm
Some of you clowns gotta be smokin some really bomb-grade reefer to be spouting some of the idiotic **** I see here.

Michael Flynn is never gonna "turn on" Donald Trump.

The FBI under James Comey has zero credibility in the eyes of most Americans.

The NYPD actually is on the edge of turning on the FBI and develop their own cases against demoKKKrat fat cats like HDK, KKKlintlers, Weeners, Pedostas et. al.

The American people will not tolerate any sort of an attempt to remove DT either via impeachment or via any other process. Don't ask for **** (like a second civil war) that you don't really want....
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:14 pm
@gungasnake,
What inside information do you have? And, what is "your" source?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Also interesting -
http://www.sfexaminer.com/state-lawmakers-propose-new-workplace-protections-immigrants/

Bay Area lawmakers are seeking to add new protections for immigrant workers and proposed new responsibilities for employers in providing access to federal immigration enforcement agents, the latest effort to limit federal action in the state under President Donald Trump.

Assemblyman David Chiu, D-San Francisco, announced the proposed legislation at San Francisco’s Saint Agnes Church on Friday morning. He authored the bill, AB 450, with fellow San Francisco politicians Assemblyman Phil Ting and state Sen. Scott Wiener as well as Oakland Assemblyman Rob Bonta.

According to Chiu’s office, it would require employers to ask for a judicial warrant before allowing agents with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement access to workplaces, prohibit employers from sharing confidential employee information without a subpoena and require employers to notify the state Labor Commissioner in the case of a workplace raid.

“Trump’s threats of massive deportations are spreading fear among California workers, families, and employers,” Chiu said. “I’m proud to author this legislation which goes beyond California’s existing defense of immigrants to offer new legal protections for individuals in our workplaces.”

The legislation drew support from labor groups like the Service Employees International Union and the California Labor Federation.

“Immigrant workers are living in a constant state of deep anxiety as the Trump Administration continues its threats to tear their families apart,” labor federation executive secretary-treasurer Art Pulaski said.

“No one should have to live in fear at work. Yet, every single day immigrant workers and their employers are faced with the threat of indiscriminate workplace raids that would harm families, disrupt business and weaken California’s economy,” Pulaski said.

Trump has pledged to hire 10,000 new ICE agents to enforce federal immigration law, but California has vowed efforts to block the president’s efforts, including other legislation that would pass statewide sanctuary rules, limiting cooperation between local law enforcement with federal immigration agents.

“Our immigrant neighbors should know that simply going to work to put food on the table is not going to expose them to deportation or ICE agents,” Wiener said. “Children shouldn’t be fearful watching their mothers and fathers leave for work, not knowing if they are going to come home at the end of the day.”
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:32 pm
@georgeob1,
It's not a compelling concern that you treat others in your trademark shabby fashion. However, it's abundantly manifest you are incapable of putting aside your penchant for cloaking yourself in the mantle of lordly yet dismissive, catty, arrogant and dare I say bitchy affectation to address and attempt to diminish people who claim to know you and think your a 'good' guy.

I'm not hindered by any such nonsense so if I occasionally point out what appears to be your affection for spurious attacks in a sad attempt to disparage people who have somewhat different political viewpoints, count that as my knee jerk reaction to someone behaving as a $&@k. It's a paradox to me that some of the people you smugly smear as lesser beings have defended you as an interesting and smart man. I suppose some members are not threatened by
opposing viewpoints and are not compelled to behave in an oafish manner.

That's it at its root George, don't ask another Irishman a stupid question and not expect an answer.
Builder

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's not a compelling concern that you treat others in your trademark shabby fashion

You're always good for a random chuckle, GB. Pot, Kettle, black much?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:38 pm
@gungasnake,
You n your kind Bubba should have a wall around far away from civilized America.
If you fracking dumb ass party did miraculously disappear America and Europe could face China with a solid cultural common ground. Make no mistake you are nothing short but cancer!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:51 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I'm the one who left what turned out to be iq tests early to go get ice cream, or was it a soda - I still came out uppy, but not a genius. So it goes.

I took an I Q test 65 years ago. It was somewhere over 100 but I dont remember just where. I imagine its about at the 81 mark I posted earlier. 81years and 9 months have done their work on my intelligence.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:53 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm gonna have to show you some respect as my senior. You're one month my senior, sir.
RABEL222

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:55 pm
@georgeob1,
He isent the president saying he is going to change it jerkoid.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'm gonna have to show you some respect as my senior. You're one month my senior, sir.

My moma kicked me out on July 8th 35 ci. As to respect you do alright in my opinion.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:39 pm
@RABEL222,
I left home at 17, and moved to Chicago from Sacramento. I found work at a wholesale company as a typist, barely eeking out a living. After about a year, I volunteered into the USAF. The best decision I could have made. Three squares a day and a bed every night. They trained me to work with nuclear weapons. That told me that I couldn't be too stupid, and earned E4 in about 15 months which normally takes 3 years. I met another JA while stationed at Walker AFB in New Mexico, and we became fast friends. When he got his discharge, he told me to move to Chicago, so that's what I did. He sorta adopted me like a brother, and took care of most of my needs, because I worked for a rubber stamp company as a biller earning minimum wage. I eventually bought my first new car, a Chevy. One summer, I drove back to CA to visit family and friends. Even after all these years, I found several of my friends attending college. I decided to quit my jobs in Chicago, return to CA, and go back to school. Having barely graduating high school, I started college as a probation student. Earned my BS degree after six years, and started working for Florsheim Shoe Company as a Field Auditor working in the seven western states. After 3.5 years, the company promoted me to Audit Manager with a hefty raise in pay, but we had to move to Chicago. We built a beautiful teak and brick home in Naperville, and I took the Burlington into Chicago to work. After three years, we were ready to return to CA for our family and friends, and for the climate. Everything worked out well after that, career-wise and income-wise. I retired early, and satisfied my avocation in world travel. Have traveled to over 80 countries, and have developed friendships in many countries including Russia, England, Germany, France, Singapore, Mexico and Cuba. Have met many interesting people including a rocket scientist, Bob Brodsky; professional singer in London, Lindsay Hamilton; owner of one of the largest tobacco farm in Cuba, Hiroshi Robaina; Francisco Baez, who taught at the university in Mexico City for ten years, and is now the editor of the English newspaper in Mexico; and my travel buddy from Canada now living in Mexico, Alexander Ogilvie.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 02:00 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Ive become a real zealot of single payer like its done in countries far more civilized than us.

Single payer is a rather uncommon system that is only used in three countries that I'm aware of: Canada, South Korea, and Taiwan.

I'd certainly credit these three countries with being AS civilized as us. But MORE civilized? How so?

Why do you think that single payer is superior to a health insurance marketplace like most countries have?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 02:01 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
In a global world made of first impressions and quick judgment Trump is cancer for America. You don't have the vaguest idea just how much his image worldwide harms your country as a leading world power.
I am not even talking his stupid policies here, most people don't have a firm grasp of economy or politics to judge his actions but just the tacky red neck murikan style he has, his inconsistent toddler behaviour, is enough to frack your countries image for another generation.

If any foreigners decide to become our enemy, kill them with dronestrikes. Problem solved.

I don't know why foreigners always think it's our problem if they decide to hate us.
oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 02:05 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Gorsuch being confirmed will be the worst out of all the other bad events because he will be on the Supreme Court for a long, long time. He is fairly young and as right wing as Scalia, if not more so.

Gorsuch supports upholding the Constitution. His long tenure on the Supreme Court will be a GOOD thing.

But if you think the Left is miserable now, wait until the Republicans abolish the filibuster now, and then Ruth Bader Ginsburg (age 84) or Stephen Breyer (age 78) retires during Trump's presidency.

Even replacing Anthony Kennedy (age 80) with a solid right-winger will move the court significantly.

The Democratic nightmare is just beginning. But America will be better off for it. We'll finally have a Supreme Court that upholds the Constitution again.
0 Replies