monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

RABEL222

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 07:39 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Are you a paid Russian troll?

You might ask layman, Georgeob1, and Mc g the same question. And anyone else who has just signed on to this site.
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 07:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I do wonder if the second video you shared was a true Hillary supporter or if this is satire.

Well, RL, you'd have to ask her. I mean him. Well, I dunno, I don't want any hate messages. Let me put it this way: You'd have to ask it.
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 07:44 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
Are you a paid Russian troll?

You might ask layman, Georgeob1, and Mc g the same question. And anyone else who has just signed on to this site.

I resent that! I don't take no filthy russian money. It comes straight from Trump.
giujohn

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 07:49 pm
@layman,
да
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 07:50 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

да

What's that code mean, John?
Frugal1

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 08:15 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb2HLRUkAAz9lg.jpg:large
0 Replies

tony5732

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's the problem.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 08:22 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I mean him. Well, I dunno, I don't want any hate messages. Let me put it this way: You'd have to ask it.

I was thinking the same myself, Him it?

Have you ever studied behavior that is much different than your own? This is what I do daily.

georgeob1

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 08:27 pm
It occurs to me that I lag far behind others here in pasting opinion pieces I happen to like, as does Blatham so frequently for the reading benefit and illumination of the lesser beings here.. This one is a Maureen Dowd column from the Nov. 26 NYT. I know Dowd has been a strong supporter of Obamas liberal clique, while at the same time often rather critical of Hillary. I don't follow her stuff closely but have found myself thinking of her as something of a superannuated adolescent, possibly subject to some personal pique. In any event this column represents a complete reversal of her prior support for Obama and the liberal establishment.

Quote:
Maureen Dowd NYT NOV. 26, 2016
The election was a complete repudiation of Barack Obama: his fantasy world of political correctness, the politicization of the Justice Department and the I.R.S., an out-of-control E.P.A., his neutering of the military, his nonsupport of the police and his fixation on things like transgender bathrooms. Since he became president, his party has lost 63 House seats, 10 Senate seats and 14 governorships.
The country had signaled strongly in the last two midterms that they were not happy. The Dems’ answer was to give them more of the same from a person they did not like or trust.
Preaching — and pandering — with a message of inclusion, the Democrats have instead become a party where incivility and bad manners are taken for granted, rudeness is routine, religion is mocked and there is absolutely no respect for a differing opinion. This did not go down well in the Midwest, where Trump flipped three blue states and 44 electoral votes.
The rudeness reached its peak when Vice President-elect Mike Pence was booed by attendees of “Hamilton” and then pompously lectured by the cast. This may play well with the New York theater crowd but is considered boorish and unacceptable by those of us taught to respect the office of the president and vice president, if not the occupants.
Here is a short primer for the young protesters. If your preferred candidate loses, there is no need for mass hysteria, canceled midterms, safe spaces, crying rooms or group primal screams. You might understand this better if you had not received participation trophies, undeserved grades to protect your feelings or even if you had a proper understanding of civics. The Democrats are now crying that Hillary had more popular votes. That can be her participation trophy.
If any of my sons had told me they were too distraught over a national election to take an exam, I would have brought them home the next day, fearful of the instruction they were receiving. Not one of the top 50 colleges mandate one semester of Western Civilization. Maybe they should rethink that.
Mr. Trump received over 62 million votes, not all of them cast by homophobes, Islamaphobes, racists, sexists, misogynists or any other “ists.” I would caution Trump deniers that all of the crying and whining is not good preparation for the coming storm. The liberal media, both print and electronic, has lost all credibility. I am reasonably sure that none of the mainstream print media had stories prepared for a Trump victory. I watched the networks and cable stations in their midnight meltdown — embodied by Rachel Maddow explaining to viewers that they were not having a “terrible, terrible dream” and that they had not died and “gone to hell.”
The media’s criticism of Trump’s high-level picks as “not diverse enough” or “too white and male” — a day before he named two women and offered a cabinet position to an African-American — magnified this fact.
Here is a final word to my Democratic friends. The election is over. There will not be a do-over. So let me bid farewell to Al Sharpton, Ben Rhodes and the Clintons. Note to Cher, Barbra, Amy Schumer and Lena Dunham: Your plane is waiting. And to Jon Stewart, who talked about moving to another planet: Your spaceship is waiting. To Bruce Springsteen, Jay Z, Beyoncé and Katy Perry, thanks for the free concerts. And finally, to all the foreign countries that contributed to the Clinton Foundation, there will not be a payoff or a rebate.
As Eddie Murphy so eloquently stated in the movie “48 Hrs.”: “There’s a new sheriff in town.” And he is going to be here for 1,461 days. Merry Christmas

The rats are leaving the sinking ship ! Very likely more will follow.
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 08:52 pm
@georgeob1,
Actually, her brother, Kevin, wrote the column, George, but you have to give her credit for getting it published.

Quote:
The minute I saw my sister’s Trump champagne and a Cersei figurine as the centerpiece — my brother, Kevin, nicknamed Hillary “Cersei” during this year’s brutal game of thrones — I knew I wasn’t in a safe space.

My little basket of deplorables, as I call my conservative family, gloated with Trump toasts galore, and Kevin presented me with his annual holiday column with an extra flourish.

Well, here is what Kevin, an affluent, educated suburbanite, has to say in his column, titled an “Election Therapy Guide for Liberals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/opinion/sunday/election-therapy-from-my-basket-of-deplorables.html?_r=0

Hate to be a cynic, but I suspect that Maureen and her cheese-eatin homeys aint joining her brother.

That's cool, though. He's here. Great column.
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:05 pm
@Frugal1,
"Yeah, whatever....just pack your ****."

That's humorous, Frug. I wonder if he, like Billy and Hilly, will be trying to steal the white house furniture, silverware, vases, and **** on the way out, eh?

Let's at least hope that Obama doesn't trash the place out of spite, like they did, and at least hands Trump a livable place when he takes office, eh?

Quote:
The Clintons Did Something Much Worse Than Just Steal Furniture When They Left the White House

When the Clintons left the White House in 2001, they didn’t just move out — they took things that didn’t belong to them, including furniture and paintings. But that’s not all they did.

Apparently, the couple and their staff were slobs. According to a General Accounting Office report entitled “Allegations of Damage During the 2001 Presidential Transition,” Team Clinton left behind a huge mess for others to clean up.

The report stated that documentation provided during the transition time between when the Clintons moved out and the Bushes moved in, witnesses claimed all kinds of vandalism took place. The destruction of property “included missing office signs and doorknobs, messages written inside desks, prank signs and messages, piles of furniture and equipment, and excessive trash left in offices.”

http://conservativetribune.com/clintons-worse-left-white-house/
georgeob1

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:07 pm
@layman,
Is that really true? Brother Kevin just might be worth a ****.
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:20 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Is that really true? Brother Kevin just might be worth a ****.

I don't know, but I figure the chances are good that she was the "baby of the family," know what I'm sayin?

PS: Yeah, sho nuff:

Quote:
Dowd was born the youngest of five children in Washington, D.C., and is of Irish ancestry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maureen_Dowd
georgeob1

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:35 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

[
Quote:
Dowd was born the youngest of five children in Washington, D.C., and is of Irish ancestry.

I looked her up. She graduated from Immaculata (all girls) High School on Tenley Circle in Washington. That's across the street from where I went to grade school while we lived in Washington (St Anne's). We likely have common freiends. That pisses me off a bit,

In any event she is a rat abandoning a sinking ship.
layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:38 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

In any event she is a rat abandoning a sinking ship.

Yeah, she aint got much choice. Like the boy said: There's a new Sherf in town.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:39 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

giujohn wrote:

да

What's that code mean, John?

It's not code...it's Russian for,"yeah"
giujohn

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:43 pm
@georgeob1,
Wow...that was from Dowd? Impressive.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:43 pm
@giujohn,
I see. I don't have no kinda truck with Ruskies, my own damn self, so I wouldn't be knowin.

You aint no Rusky, is ya, John?

Speakin of Ruskies, the white boys win again. Just aint no damn fair, I tellzya!

tony5732

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:44 pm
@blatham,
Yeah that wasn't the point I was making at all. I was saying honesty, or lack of, was not what was separating our two main candidates this election
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 11 Dec, 2016 09:49 pm
@layman,
And to illustrate how ******* petty they were/are they took all the "W"S off all the keyboards...they will probably take all the "T"S this time.