monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:04 pm
@layman,
If, by "media" you mean a tv camera recording what he said and, in the incident of the disabled reporter, he was acting like a puppet with CP. It was really disgraceful .
He was the one that said Obama was wiretapping HIM. Picer then also said (I actually heard him , no ****) that GB was the one who ws aiding Obama in the wiretapping. THEN, ith his back to the wall, Pres Tweets said that this was said by some "Reputable lawyer" (ex lawyer and now talk show host ) on FOX, and if we have any problems with that we should go yell at FOX.

Pres Tweets is a playground asshole bully . We dont need no "leading around by the media", Pres Tweets is his own spokesman whose unrespecting of truth. We can hear and see him in action.

I suppose you could be his "This is what he really meant" guy and try to come up with some xcuse that wont b so laughable.

Meanwhile, Im gonna have me some Brie on crackers and a big glass of Cara Cara orange juice. Then Ill have some more cheese.

Scarf them donuts
blatham

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:10 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I prefer the coffee black. That and wine, and the occasional whiskey, are the only recreational drugs in which I indulge.

My god. And you were in Nam. Some traditionalist you are.

Quote:
Finally I find some admirable and engaging talents in you, and regret your wasting them on this stuff.

I'm working up a return semi-compliment. I'm sure one will come to me.
camlok

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:11 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Izzy: It is, there's a thread devoted to it, but nobody gives a **** because it's all a load of old bollocks.

Quote:
blatham: I don't see any pattern here. Anyone see a pattern here?

None of the intelligentsia that gather around your feet waiting for the next dribble of wisdom see any pattern here, blatham.
izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:19 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It dawns on me now, george, that I've never told you to "piss off".

I think you're showing remarkable restraint. That's the only thing I'd ever consider saying to him, unless it's another phrase that ends in off.
camlok

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:19 pm
@georgeob1,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:20 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

thack45 wrote:

Dude. You just said you had posted things about him.

You didn't read my post very carefully, eh?

layman wrote:

Ya know, I've posted excerpts from printed stories about (with quotations from) Bannon...
camlok

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:21 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Why is it that cheese-eaters always want to hear opinions, but not facts, about the topics they criticize?

The hypocrisy is piled so high and so deep in this thread that it is gonna take a fleet of mining sized front end loaders to clear it all.

How do you people live with yourselves?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:23 pm
@thack45,
Exactly.

Quote:
Ya know, I've posted excerpts from printed stories about (with quotations from) Bannon..

And, of course, you cut out the rest of that sentence.

I wonder why?
blatham

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:23 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
that gather around your feet waiting

If you were aware of my personal hygiene habits, you'd grasp how unlike this scenario is.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I think you're showing remarkable restraint [with georgeob]. That's the only thing I'd ever consider saying to him, unless it's another phrase that ends in off.

George and I actually have had a shared affinity going back more than a decade. Oppositional, sure. It's rather like rowing teams, me rowing for Yale or Harvard and george rowing for the Dallas Theological Seminary.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:29 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I'm working up a return semi-compliment. I'm sure one will come to me.
Laughing That made me laugh.

I may have deserved it, but I meant what I wrote.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:37 pm
Peace in the valley. And as it is finally (FINALLY!) sunny and warmer here and because I'm a month behind on gardening duties, exit stage left.
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:42 pm
@layman,
Alright, fine, whatever. The text is there for all to see. Alternative facts and blablabla. I've gotta get the frack off the internet and stop whizzing the day away. These gatdang dowgies have absolutely wrecked the yard Mad
0 Replies

camlok

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:45 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
georgeob1: Hard not to notice the alt right authoritarian overtones here.

Quote:
hightor: So when camlok continually raises a subject that no one else wants to discuss, repeatedly filling pages with attempts to get comments or attract attention, and there's already an active thread to discuss that very topic , suggesting that the discussion be moved is authoritarian??? Do I have that right?

Stunningly hypocritical, hightor. georgeob1 isn't the most adept of posters. His is flabby discourse filled with big words he has cribbed from his thesaurus.

There is Baldimo, layman, guijohn, Mcgentrix, ... "continually rais[ing] subject[s] that no one else wants to discuss" but I don't hear you, georgeob1 or blatham for that matter, complaining about them.

You and every other person, including blatham and georgeob1, know that this, "there's already an active thread to discuss that very topic" is a total red herring. It is nothing more than a cowardly attempt by cowards to bury thee most important topic the cowards do not want to face.

You folks can go on for pages on the most inane, way off topic things, while you all seek to crush this one event that is the defining idea of this whole, overly voluble thread - which is a lot of gab, with little substance.

You pull out the silliest, most obscure newspaper stories and dissect them as if you were research scientists working on the next biggest discovery of all time.

"that no one else wants to discuss" - the entire narrative of the US government on 911 is false.

The very thing that led to all the illegal invasions, the war crimes, the murder of 3,000 westerners, including 411 emergency responders, the world being turned upside down, Trump, the wacky conservatives supporting Trump, ... and no one wants to discuss the ONE SPECIFIC PIECE OF SCIENCE that Dr Leroy Hulsey has put forward to show that it is all a big lie.

camlok

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:46 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Of course I may be in error in supposing that erudite sources of the conservative point of view actually exist.

More stunning hypocrisy, hightor.

Quote:
And, good god, please — enough of the armchair psychoanalysis and the authoritarian(!) attempts to restrict the re-posting of articles from well-known media sources and journals of opinion.

And again! Good lord.
0 Replies

camlok

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:56 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If, by "media" you mean a tv camera recording what he said and, in the incident of the disabled reporter, he was acting like a puppet with CP. It was really disgraceful.

Heh, par for the course, Farmer.

If you had any idea of what this reporter's disability was (and Trump himself didn't) you would know that Trump could not possibly have been "mimicking" it.

But of course you don't know. And don't want to know. You just want to think you know--that's plenty good enough for you.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 01:02 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

And, good god, please — enough of the armchair psychoanalysis and the authoritarian(!) attempts to restrict the re-posting of articles from well-known media sources and journals of opinion. I like to see how the press covers the events of the day — I only wish conservatives made more effort to submit erudite pieces from a conservative point of view instead of just posting tiresome memes, forwarding fake news, and bitching about links.

Of course I may be in error in supposing that erudite sources of the conservative point of view actually exist.

Get a grip on yourself. I was offering a parody of Blatham's repeated psychoanalyses of Republican figures, and commenting on the very unusual dominance of pasted materials, compared to his own in his posts. You missed the point in both cases.

Erudition exists across the political spectrum as also do fake news and "memes" (whatever that currently fashionable bit of jargon really means). We all have equal access to the magazines that also provide political opinion, laced, as it usually is with with fake news "memes' and occasionally a little erudition.
georgeob1

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 01:12 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I prefer the coffee black. That and wine, and the occasional whiskey, are the only recreational drugs in which I indulge.

My god. And you were in Nam. Some traditionalist you are.

Actually I was on carriers in the Gulf of Tonkin, flying over Vietnam ( four 8 - 10 month deployments over a six year period ), though I did a couple of fuel/weather diverts to the Marine Base at Da Nang. There was an unspoken suspension of enforcement of the rules against booze in the carriers (for the aviators at least) during the war, but nothing I knew of beyond that. A couple of stiff drinks after a night road recce mission on the trail was good ( and welcome) therapy.
layman

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 01:24 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I was offering a parody of Blatham's repeated psychoanalyses of Republican figures, and commenting on the very unusual dominance of pasted materials, compared to his own in his posts.

One common aspect of the "stories" that Blathy spends so much time finding is that they are invariably quite long on assertion, and quite short on fact, eh?
0 Replies