monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Stop maligning your partners in war crimes. It isn't seemly for folks with such high standards to be quarreling.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:16 pm
@old europe,
Trump will never understand why he's being reversed on his EO. Once a bigot..........
oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:56 pm
@old europe,
Quote:
A federal judge in Hawaii issued a nationwide order Wednesday evening blocking President Trump’s ban on travel from parts of the Muslim world, dealing a political blow to the White House and signaling that proponents of the ban face a long and risky legal battle ahead.

Political blow? Long and risky?

I know the NYT has been slipping in their standards, but I didn't realize they'd slipped this badly.

Quote:
The ruling was the second frustrating defeat for Mr. Trump’s travel ban, after a federal court in Seattle halted an earlier version of the executive order last month. Mr. Trump responded to that setback with fury, lashing out at the judiciary before ultimately abandoning the order.

A stay by a radical judge is hardly a frustrating defeat. The higher courts will do more to follow the Constitution.

Quote:
But Mr. Trump evidently failed in that goal:

Evidently?? Has the NYT found a way to determine how the higher courts will rule?
oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trump will never understand why he's being reversed on his EO. Once a bigot..........

He knows that it is due to radical judges. He also knows that such radicalism will not pass muster in the higher courts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:59 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
No kidding! Rep. King is one of the stupidest humans on the planet who unfortunately has a lot of company in stupidville.

Said the guy who has to pretend to think for himself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:01 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Understood. No source of pride for me in this. There's no reason to feel special when you are disliked by people who are simply stupid.

The guy who can't think for himself shouldn't go around commenting on other people's intelligence.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:02 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Talk about self hating, I can't think of any group that describes more than older rural Americans who keep voting for republicans.

Not that "why won't they vote for us so we can take care of them" bit.

People don't want the Democrats to come and take care of us. We want the Democrats to stop violating our rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Didn't she also break the law by conning her president into invading a nation, and having the leader murdered in the street without a trial?

Advising military action is hardly a crime.

And Kadaffy deserved his fate.
oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
As Gent (and I) has repeatedly pointed out, this is complete bullshit, yet the lying left wing media and their useful idiots will repeat it endlessly.

As the CBO itself notes, it's estimates are not of people "losing" coverage. They just believe that about 14,000,000 who are currently FORCED (by being subject to heavy penalty) to buy insurance will choose not to buy it (or at least not the crappy product Obamacare gives them no choice about). Not buying a TV is not "losing" a TV.

I'll try not to point this out again. I'll just count the number of stooges who consciously repeat this distortion ad infinitum.

Go ahead and keep pointing it out. Facts are to liberals like garlic is to vampires.
oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:31 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
revelette1 wrote:
Talk about self hating, I can't think of any group that describes more than older rural Americans who keep voting for republicans. The health bill which comes out of the republicans is nothing but a horrible travesty which will hurt the sick, the poor, and the elderly among us the most.

I think you have here encapsulated the reasons why Democrats lost most of their former constituents in the last election and why they (and you, it appears) still don't understand what happened.

Yes indeed.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:32 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
farmerman wrote:
Ya know Im noticing how Trump is slowly slipping into irrelevancy.
Anybody comment on that?

Is he worried?

I think you may have it backwards. My impression is that the Democrat/media hysterics are what is fading in its effects. The shrill noise has been going on for a long time but nothing concrete has emerged from it. People are tuning it out.

Correct again.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:48 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Go ahead and keep pointing it out. Facts are to liberals like garlic is to vampires.

OK, I'll let good ole Muddy Waters make the point for me, once and for all, eh?

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:10 pm
@oralloy,
The higher court will support the lower court. Our country does not discriminate based on religion.
roger

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:15 pm
Now, wait a minute.

http://obamacarefacts.com/sign-ups/obamacare-enrollment-numbers/

It looks like ACA topped out with a max of 18 million enrollees. Now, we may potentially lose perhaps 14 million from present (lower) enrollment, and it looks like they were bullied into acceptance by threat of penalties. It looks like the general population isn't much impressed. In fact, it looks like a lot of money spent for almost nothing in terms of public acceptance.
Builder

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:15 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Advising military action is hardly a crime.

It was supposedly on humanitarian grounds, same BS story they used in Iraq.
No plans for the nation after the illegal invasion, same BS story for Iraq.

Quote:
And Kadaffy deserved his fate.

I'm not surprised you bought the propaganda about him. You seem to fall easily for it. Every time.
oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The higher court will support the lower court.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Our country does not discriminate based on religion.

That's OK. Trump wasn't trying to do anything like that.
cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:29 pm
@roger,
The most important issue is that the uninsured is the lowest in 50 years. Everything else is static.
oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:31 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
It was supposedly on humanitarian grounds, same BS story they used in Iraq.

No. What they said in Iraq was that we had to make sure Saddam wouldn't provide WMDs to terrorists.

Builder wrote:
No plans for the nation after the illegal invasion, same BS story for Iraq.

No. In Iraq we stayed and rebuilt their government.

But there was nothing wrong with us pulling out directly after the invasion. In hindsight we should have killed Saddam upon capture and then immediately pulled out of Iraq too.

Illegal? Hardly.

Builder wrote:
I'm not surprised you bought the propaganda about him. You seem to fall easily for it. Every time.

I'm horrified to see you excuse Kadaffy's atrocities. Shame on you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:33 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Now, wait a minute.

http://obamacarefacts.com/sign-ups/obamacare-enrollment-numbers/

It looks like ACA topped out with a max of 18 million enrollees. Now, we may potentially lose perhaps 14 million from present (lower) enrollment, and it looks like they were bullied into acceptance by threat of penalties. It looks like the general population isn't much impressed. In fact, it looks like a lot of money spent for almost nothing in terms of public acceptance.

If you keep posting facts, the liberals are going to throw a temper tantrum.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump's budget for 2018; cuts science, arts and for the poor.
I wonder how many poor people voted for Trump because of his promise on jobs? He's now cutting off their safety net.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/?tid=a_inl-amp