monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 04:26 pm
@camlok,
Obviously you're wrong, but you will be correct in the future.

Just what this forum needs, another effin leftwing propagandist!
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 04:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes we do

Petulant
Hyperbolic
Hysterical
Sanctimonious
Vapid
Fatuous
Absurd
Pretentious
Infantile

And one that's hyphenated: Sore-loser

And many more, all brought to us by the American Left.
camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 04:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Obviously you're wrong, but you will be correct in the future.

Go on.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 04:40 pm
@glitterbag,
I should add gumball to the list.
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 04:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Petulant
Hyperbolic
Hysterical
Sanctimonious
Vapid
Fatuous
Absurd
Pretentious
Infantile

And one that's hyphenated: Sore-loser

And many more, all brought to us by the American Left.

Good list, Finn, Trump is all those and more. I think though that they were looking for one all encapsulating word, like "sleazerama".

'sore loser' isn't hyphenated.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:07 pm
Oh Izzy our resident Anti-American, uber Nationalist British patriot...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/15/beware-of-jews-sign-sparks-outrage-in-uk-hasidic-community/
camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Good dog almighty, talk about a tempest in a teacup, Finn.

The sky is falling the sky is falling

"But the artist responsible apologized for offense, and explained the real intentions behind the sign."

It looks like a chimney sweep to me.

0 Replies

camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Consider how Muslims and others have been slaughtered for an event that they had nothing to do with, just like the Vietnamese were slaughtered for an event, the Gulf of Tonkin/Maddox lie they had nothing to do with.
0 Replies

thack45

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 05:53 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

'sore loser' isn't hyphenated.

Holy **** it really is JTT Shocked
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:28 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Are those Trump's lawyers?

You made me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

old europe

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:29 pm
Quote:
Federal Judge Blocks Trump’s Latest Travel Ban Nationwide

A federal judge in Hawaii issued a nationwide order Wednesday evening blocking President Trump’s ban on travel from parts of the Muslim world, dealing a political blow to the White House and signaling that proponents of the ban face a long and risky legal battle ahead.

The ruling was the second frustrating defeat for Mr. Trump’s travel ban, after a federal court in Seattle halted an earlier version of the executive order last month. Mr. Trump responded to that setback with fury, lashing out at the judiciary before ultimately abandoning the order.

He issued a new and narrower travel ban on March 6, with the aim of pre-empting new lawsuits by abandoning some of the most contentious elements of the first version.

But Mr. Trump evidently failed in that goal: Democratic states and nonprofit groups that work with immigrants and refugees raced into court to attack the updated order, alleging that it was a thinly veiled version of the ban on Muslim migration that he had pledged to enact last year, as a presidential candidate.

[...]

Multiple lawsuits challenging the travel ban have extensively cited Mr. Trump’s comments during the presidential campaign. He first proposed to bar all Muslims from entering the United States, and then offered an alternative plan to ban travel from a number of Muslim countries, which he described as a politically acceptable way of achieving the same goal.

The lawsuits also cited Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who advises Mr. Trump, who said he had been asked to help craft a Muslim ban that would pass legal muster.

And they highlighted comments by Stephen Miller, an adviser to the president, who cast the changes to Mr. Trump’s first travel ban as mere technical adjustments aimed at ushering the same policy past the review of a court.

[...]

old europe

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:32 pm
Quote:
Federal judge in Hawaii freezes President Trump’s new entry ban

A federal judge in Hawaii on Wednesday issued a sweeping freeze of President Trump’s new executive order temporarily barring the issuance of new visas to citizens of six Muslim-majority countries and suspending the admission of new refugees.

In a blistering, 43-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Derrick K. Watson pointed to Trump’s own comments and those of his close advisers as evidence that his order was meant to discriminate against Muslims and declared there was a “strong likelihood of success” those suing would prove the directive violated the Constitution.

Watson declared that “a reasonable, objective observer — enlightened by the specific historical context, contemporaneous public statements, and specific sequence of events leading to its issuance — would conclude that the Executive Order was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion.”

He lambasted the government, in particular, for asserting that because the ban did not apply to all Muslims in the world, it could not be construed as discriminating against Muslims.

“The illogic of the Government’s contentions is palpable,” Watson wrote. “The notion that one can demonstrate animus toward any group of people only by targeting all of them at once is fundamentally flawed.”

[...]
camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Considering that you seem to support Trump, one has to wonder how low you could actually go. Then again, I suspect, correct me if I'm mistaken, you supported Reagan, Nixon, Bush x 2, ... so the question becomes moot.
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The notion that some asswipe IRS employee can reveal my private financial information because he or she is an effin partisan zealot is infuriating and scary.

At what rate does stuff like this actually occur? How smart do you really have to be to stay under the radar? I'm not ashamed of or incriminated by any of the information I share with the IRS. Duh?
glitterbag

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yikes, A little touchy tonight aren't we? Trying to pick a fight with me and/or Izzy? I can't speak for Izzy, but i'm not in the mood. Enjoy your crappy mood.
thack45

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:50 pm
@hightor,
Just playing the tried and true paranoia card. It's dog eared and wrinkled, been rode hard and put up wet, but it works dad gummit
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:18 pm
@old europe,
True enough. The judge in question addressed The president's presumed intentions in writing the order instead of the order itself, based on its own merits and the powers of the President as written in the constitution and applicable law. Both address only what the President can do and NOT what may or may not be his intentions or motives for doing so.
camlok

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:23 pm
@georgeob1,
The judge specifically stated, “The illogic of the Government’s contentions is palpable,” Watson wrote. “The notion that one can demonstrate animus toward any group of people only by targeting all of them at once is fundamentally flawed.”

You repeat the same illogic right after it has been pointed out to you. How illogical is that, are you?

Let's do another Japanese Relocation while we're at it, george. Think of the deals you could get on some of their properties.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:32 pm
@hightor,
No big secrets on our tax returns. We take the standard deduction, and not much info after that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Trying to pick a fight with you? Very Happy

I have far more pride than that.

0 Replies