monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:11 am
@georgeob1,
Here's a few on, go to (copy and paste to any search engine): Republican Bigotry, Hate, Fear, Lies and Distortion
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.G7_aI9d0ZTLKozTH7RW3ZQEsDB&pid=15.1
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:12 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Now the hyperindignant loosers in the party, confusing their self-interest and offended vanity with the national interest of the country, are on a campaign to paint any communication with anyone in Russia on any matter at all with a supposed conspirtacy to hack our election.

Yeah, George, for some damn reason you don't hear them complaining about the treasonous felons who are leaking classified information to the NYT which is designed to damage Trump, eh?

Somehow, I aint quite convinced about their sincere devotion to the national interest, eh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=republican+bigotry%2c+hate%2c+fear%2c+lies+and+distortion&qpvt=republican+bigotry%2c+hate%2c+fear%2c+lies+and+distortion&qpvt=republican+bigotry%2c+hate%2c+fear%2c+lies+and+distortion&qpvt=republican+bigotry%2c+hate%2c+fear%2c+lies+and+distortion&FORM=IGRE

http://www.workers.org/2007/us/buffalo-1115.jpg
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:22 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

And people wonder why it's called fake news.

It's not called fake news.
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:25 am
One time when I was a kid I shot a robin with my slingshot. It didn't kill the bird right away, and it kinda hobbled its way to under a bush.

So I went over to the bush to check it out. There was blood coming from it's chest, and it didn't seem to be able to move, but it kept letting out these pathetic chirping sounds.

After a while, I began to feel kinda sorry for the poor bastard. I said to it: "Just die, willya?" but it kept on chirping, on, and on, and on....

Finally it keeled over and died. If I had been a little more humane, I guess I would have snuffed it sooner, but it was all such a fascinating sight, ya know?

I think about that robin when I see the democratic party today, for some reason.
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:26 am
@maporsche,
Well, Trump called the media the enemy.
And this is the guy who is now president?
Show us where we have "fake news."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/24/donald-trump-cpac-media-enemy-of-the-people/98347970/
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Well, Trump called the media the enemy.
And this is the guy who is now president?

Wrong, Al. He called "fake news" the enemy of the people, not "the media."
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:28 am
@layman,
Show me the difference. Show us where we have "fake news?"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/24/donald-trump-cpac-media-enemy-of-the-people/98347970/
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Show me the difference.

Good question, in many cases, eh?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 11:56 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Sessions met with the Ukraine ambassasor!

Are you saying he lied about that under oath too? The bloke's a complete gobshite.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:01 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Greg Sargent addresses the issues as follows:
Quote:
Officials sympathetic to Sessions are now saying that he spoke to the ambassador in his capacity as a member of the Armed Services committee, and thus didn’t consider those conversations relevant to questions about the Trump campaign’s contacts. It should be said that this is not wildly absurd — it is plausible as an explanation. .

I just heard Sessions on the radio and he sounds as thick as mince, so it is plausible.
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I just heard Sessions on the radio and he sounds as thick as mince, so it is plausible.

You never miss a chance to prove what a pompous, conceited and self-centered ass you are, eh, Dizzy? If you had half the intelligence Sessions has, you would be 2-3 times smarter than you are.
revelette1

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:49 pm
Donald Trump Jr. Was Paid to Speak at Pro-Russian Group's Event

Quote:
A U.S. counterintelligence investigation has examined contacts with Russia involving several associates of President Trump, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions, according to people familiar with the matter. The outcome of the Sessions inquiry, and whether it is ongoing, is unclear. There has been no indication that the president’s son is under similar scrutiny.

The existence of a financial connection between the younger Trump and an entity associated with the Kremlin adds to questions involving Mr. Trump’s administration and Russia, following a campaign in which he was loath to criticize Russia’s leader and repeatedly called for better ties to Moscow.

Donald Trump Jr. serves as the executive vice president of the Trump Organization, a real-estate company founded by his father, and was a top official in his father’s presidential campaign.

The younger Trump was likely paid at least $50,000 for his Paris appearance by the Center of Political and Foreign Affairs. The Trump Organization didn’t dispute that amount when asked about it by The Wall Street Journal.
blatham

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It is amusing to me that the whole controversy about Russia arises from Democrat indignation

The whole post is just full of bow-legged, manly, victor swagger, george. Which poses the interesting question of why the testosterone-dripping Trump fired the testosterone-dripping Flynn which is not mentioned in your testosterone-dripping post.

Also, god in heaven you do need to read more broadly than you do and differently than you do.
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 12:59 pm
@revelette1,
Yeah, so what? If Putin himself was chump enough to give me even $5,000, I would gladly go tell his ass a thing or two, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:02 pm
@blatham,
Yeah, and why did Trump fire Flynn, eh?

Not because he talked to the Russians. Trump said he assumed Flynn was talking to the russians (aka "doing his job") and that if he thought he wasn't, he would have told him to.

Is it illegal to talk to russians? I hope not because I been negotiating with a couple of them to buy a "russian bride" (sex slave) here lately, ya know?

There's probably gunna be a lot more talking, because we're still a long way from a deal. I'm currently offering $5 (I started at $1), but they're still asking $10,000 (they started at $50,000).
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I don't know that Sessions is stupid. I think perhaps his speech has a certain slow cadence that arises from his upbringing and social class (he deems himself a southern white gentleman). But add in that he's a studied liar and perhaps those two things present what you were hearing.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:08 pm
@revelette1,
As Trump Jr said back in July of last year
Quote:
“we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

So, yeah, obviously lots of connections in Russia. But one should differentiate prior business ties from 1) ties between Russia and the campaign 2) what we know about Russian attempts to influence the election outcome and 3) business ties now that Trump is in office and the ramifications of that.

We'd probably be rather foolish to imagine that Putin and his crowd would be, on some stance of principle, reluctant to meddle in US governmental affairs or that Trump and his crowd would, on a matter of principle, reject the opportunity to get richer. It's not a promising combination of behaviors and motivations. So all the governmental and press bodies investigating these issues are going to keep at it.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:17 pm
@blatham,
I'm not bow-legged. On the questiion of reading choices, you are projecting your own faults not mine.

My post was an accurate depiction of the reality of the matter, notwithstanding the gorilla dust with which you are attempting to evade the obvious point.
blatham

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 01:18 pm
And in today's "Running Like A Finely Tuned Machine" news...

I see that Collins and Grapham now saying Sessions should recuse himself.
0 Replies