monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:21 pm
Trump said the FAKE media is the enemy of the people, that is, the sorry asshole organizations which were banned from the press conference today.

As to admiring Putin, I am not aware of a reason NOT to admire the guy, he's clearly the best Russia has ever had since Tsar Peter and one of the half dozen or so best the world has now.

http://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/13292859_10153427687102260_2141555973_n.jpg

Note the contrast with what we just got rid of:

http://i1.wp.com/pbs.twimg.com/media/CdrKRVgUUAAN44A.jpg?resize=390%2C358&ssl=1
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:37 pm
Some people's ignorance about Putin is an amazing phenomenon in this country.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia
Trump said, "the media is the enemy of the people."
That's what tyrants say and do; kill them.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:47 pm
@Debra Law,
oralloy lives under an imagined threat that never happened or will ever happen. His imagination is his worst own enemy. I wonder if he checks under his bed every night.
Debra Law

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Tell it like it is, Debra. I and many progressives hear you; the voice of equality and reason.

Multiple millions of people of all ilk (Democrats, Republicans, Progressive, Regressive ("conservative"), Moderates, et al.) are watching in dismay as the wannabe dictator, and his banana Bannon, and their team of butt-kissers are working to achieve the following:

Putting women back into their perceived "rightful" place as submissive and "appreciative" homemakers, sex toys, and child bearers;

Taking away women's rights to choose for themselves their own procreative destinies;

Threatening and bullying the free press;

Normalizing "lying" and using Orwellian language to spread the lies;

Defunding and destroying the efficacy of public schools to dumb-down the population;

Dismantling safety nets for the poor;

Denying multiple millions of people access to necessary and affordable healthcare;

Abolishing regulations necessary for the protection of our the environment and our survival as a species in favor of greater profits for corporations.

Engendering hate and discriminatory animus toward minorities, and the most emboldened hate-mongers are openly bullying and threatening minorities with appalling bravado;

Aligning with Russia while maligning our proven allies throughout the world;

Gerrymandering and voter suppression;

and much more ....

It's not just the progressives who are resisting ... many people who place themselves into the "conservative" (regressive) branch of our national community are resisting too. Our voices grow stronger and louder and more numerous every day.

oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
orally has no response to my question, so he gives me a thumb's down like a kid. Figures. LOL

I have a response to your question.

I would only vote down your post if it was pretty appalling. I wouldn't vote down a mundane post like that.

However, I generally vote up all the good guys whenever they are voted down. I don't tend to extend this same courtesy to the bad guys unless they are making particularly good posts. So I wouldn't have voted your post back up either.

As it happens, I was busy composing a post for the "9/11 conspiracy whacko thread" (why I do not know) and was not even aware of your post when this voting was taking place.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
How did Obama try to take away 2nd Amendment rights?

First by trying to pass laws that would grievously violate said rights.

Second by appointing judges who maliciously allow the Constitution to be violated.

Third, after his attempt to pass laws grievously backfired and destroyed liberalism as a political force in America, he started signing executive orders that grievously violate our rights.
Debra Law

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

oralloy lives under an imagined threat that never happened or will ever happen. His imagination is his worst own enemy. I wonder if he checks under his bed every night.

He is a one-issue addict who drinks the NRA Kool-Aid. So long as the NRA tells him the boogeyman is under his bed, he will continue to **** his pants in unjustified fear. So sad; he loves his guns but they don't love him back.
Debra Law

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:07 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
How did Obama try to take away 2nd Amendment rights?

First by trying to pass laws that would grievously violate said rights.

Second by appointing judges who maliciously allow the Constitution to be violated.

Third, after his attempt to pass laws grievously backfired and destroyed liberalism as a political force in America, he started signing executive orders that grievously violate our rights.

NRA Kool-Aid drinker.
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:09 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Perhaps your powers of prediction are flawed.

Perhaps. Check back with me after election day 2032 and see if the Republicans haven't just won the White House five times in a row starting with two Trump victories.

Debra Law wrote:
Your gun rights have never been in jeopardy,

That is incorrect. Obama and Hillary made an overwhelming assault against the Second Amendment, and we just barely saved American freedom by electing Trump.

Debra Law wrote:
but the progress made over many decades on every front is presently threatened. The free press is under attack.

But at least we've finally stopped this horrible assault against the Second Amendment.

Debra Law wrote:
I predict that you are wrong. Gravely wrong.

We'll see.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:11 pm
@Debra Law,
He hasn't provided any of those laws. None, because they don't exist.
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy lives under an imagined threat that never happened or will ever happen.

The only thing that stopped it from happening was Trump being elected. His election saved America from a disaster.

cicerone imposter wrote:
His imagination is his worst own enemy. I wonder if he checks under his bed every night.

I didn't imagine the 2013 gun control debacle.

Nor did I imagine Obama's horrible executive orders on guns.

Nor did I imagine the Democrats always nominating judges who malevolently allow the Second Amendment to be violated.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:13 pm
@Debra Law,
Some gun lovers say, "guns saves lives." What if there were no guns? Common sense or logic, anyone?
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/91906700/
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:15 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
He is a one-issue addict who drinks the NRA Kool-Aid. So long as the NRA tells him the boogeyman is under his bed, he will continue to **** his pants in unjustified fear. So sad; he loves his guns but they don't love him back.

The 2013 gun control debacle was not something the NRA made up.

Obama's horrendous executive orders are not something that the NRA made up.

Leftist judges who maliciously allow the Second Amendment to be violated are not something that the NRA made up.
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:17 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
NRA Kool-Aid drinker.

Dodge the facts all you want. The people know that Trump has saved their freedom from the Democrats.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:18 pm
@oralloy,
Trump's been in office for one month. Give him some time. This is the guy who is ignorant of our Constitution, and made his first EO to ban all Muslims from entering our country.
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
He hasn't provided any of those laws. None, because they don't exist.

Actually I have in the past linked you to the 2013 gun control debacle.

You (both then and now) are denying history that the nation just recently went through. That level of audaciousness shows just how dangerous the Democrats are and how serious they are in their intent to abolish our freedom.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:21 pm
@Debra Law,
It's much more than koolaid; Trump is a sociopath. He doesn't understand reality.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11286500
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
This is the guy who is ignorant of our Constitution,

He knew enough to save the country from Hillary and Obama.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Some gun lovers say, "guns saves lives." What if there were no guns?

Then a little old lady in a wheelchair would have no way of preventing a large man from beating her to death.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Common sense or logic, anyone?

Logic is good. I'll pass on the common sense though.

Every single time I've heard someone invoke common sense, they were trying to justify a civil rights violation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 05:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trump is a sociopath. He doesn't understand reality.

He saved our freedom from the Democrats.
0 Replies