monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Thu 23 Feb, 2017 02:38 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
because a newbie questioned a long standing member as to if they wrote their own post.

You missed the sarcasm, Baldimo. Shall we let farmerman explain it to you? It's a very interesting story.

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 03:32 am
It's purty obvious, actually, aint it? From the left-wing rag, Salon:

Quote:
Why do right-wingers favor Keith Ellison in the DNC race?

Many on the right openly long for a Bernie-allied black progressive to become leader of the "anti-white" Democrats.

Mr. Ellison’s selection would mean the Democratic Party would be led by a left-winger’s left-winger, handing an early assist to the GOP and the Trump administration for the 2018 midterms.

Ellison also has “fans” on the far right, including Andrew Anglin, the creator of the popular neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer. In a December post, Anglin wrote he was “officially endorsing” the Minnesota congressman as “the only man capable of dealing with the chronic kike infestation which plagues the Democrat party...Ellison was also praised by former Ku Klux Klan member David Duke...

For the most part, the right-wing support for Ellison (if you can even call it that) isn’t derived from agreeing with his progressive positions on issues. It reflects a perception that electing Ellison would present Democrats with political optics that would make winning over disaffected white voters in the heartland more difficult.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/23/right-wing-favor-keith-ellison-in-the-dnc-race/

I hear Ellison has a big lead in the running for DNC chair. You go, boy!
0 Replies

layman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:10 am
No more molly-coddling of law-breaking protesters/rioters with Trump in office, eh?

Quote:
Dakota pipeline camp raided after protesters defy deadline

Police in riot gear began arresting the last remaining protesters at a makeshift camp in North Dakota on Thursday after they defied several orders to leave the area.

18 National Guardsmen and dozens of law officers entered the camp from two directions, along with several law enforcement and military vehicles. A helicopter and airplane flew overhead.

Officers checked structures and began arresting people, putting them in vans to take to jail. About two dozen people were arrested in the first half hour of the operation, according to Levi Bachmeier, a Burgum adviser.

North Dakota originally offered protesters a carrot. If they agreed to leave peacefully, they would receive a hotel room and bus ticket to anywhere in the U.S. They also offered a courtesy or ‘ceremonial arrest’ for anyone needing a picture for their Facebook page.

These punks are committed to a clean and safe environment, eh?

Quote:
Now the cleanup efforts begin. The camps span more than 1,000 acres, which had been, according to state officials, sensitive wildlife habitat. Now, because of an early thaw and thousands of “water protectors” it is a wet, muddy cesspool of human waste and hazardous fuels after protesters turned the native grassland into a dumping ground.

According to the Col John Henderson of the US Army Corp of Engineers, crews have already removed some 250 truckloads of trash, but his agency plans to spend upwards to $1.2 million of taxpayer money to rehabilitate the area.

"To ensure that none of this garbage and waste and debris and structures and vehicles ended up in the reservoir. That would be an absolute environmental catastrophe,” Henderson said.

There's a reason 15 states are enacting law to safeguard honest citizens from civil and criminal liability should they just "happen" to run over these kind when they're blocking a road, ya know?
0 Replies

layman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 04:27 am
This really bugs me, eh?

Quote:
Trump administration revokes Obama-era transgender bathroom guidance for schools

I've been going into the womens' shower room at the local high schools every day. At first they tried to stop me, but I told them I was a woman, and then hauled out Obama's threat to sue them if they didn't let me mosey on in, ya know? They said I didn't look like a woman, especially with the beard. I pointed out that what ya look like aint got nuthin to do with it. All that matters is what I want and what I say. If I say I'm a woman, then I AM a woman. End of discussion.

Trump is killin all the fun here, I tellya. The more crowded them shower rooms are, the more better, know what I'm sayin?
layman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 06:22 am
Michael Moore says Trump aint no liar, eh?

revelette1

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 09:23 am
Questions and answers about upcoming travel ban order
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 09:48 am
@layman,
Excellent interview, thanks for posting it.

Who is this new Dem guy he wants for DNC chair? Keith Garisson?
layman

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:04 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Excellent interview, thanks for posting it.

Who is this new Dem guy he wants for DNC chair? Keith Garisson?

He aint nuthin nice, eh, Ollie?

Quote:
Democratic congressman and DNC chair front-runner Keith Ellison once said that “black people don’t live in a democracy” and “don’t have an obligation” to obey the government.

Ellison made the comments at a 1992 protest after white police officers were acquitted in the beating of Rodney King. At least 63 people died in the racially charged riots following the verdict.

Ellison, the nation’s first Muslim congressman, has come under fire for his history of making racially inflammatory comments, as well as his past association with notorious anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan, whom Ellison has since renounced

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/23/keith-ellison-once-said-black-people-dont-have-obligation-to-obey-government/

Not to even mention that he's a straight-up commie. An anti-semitic marxist muslim racist.

Perfect for the face of the Democratic party, ya know?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:07 am
DT addresses CPAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wg68mq6-Mc

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
giujohn

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:14 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
The more cars there are in society, the more people killed in car accidents.

True.

I hate it when a miscreant conceals his car, sneaks into a movie theater or restaurant and runs over people. And just having a car around makes it so much more likely that some depressed person will jump in the car and suicidally drive it into a bridge abutment. And those car fights that break out all the time between rival gangs. Horrible. If we can't ban cars altogether we can at least register them, license users, and demand that drivers demonstrate proficiency.

Your argument is the definition and the epitome of specious.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:22 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

This really bugs me, eh

Quote:
Trump administration revokes Obama-era transgender bathroom guidance for schools

I've been going into the womens' shower room at the local high schools every day. At first they tried to stop me, but I told them I was a woman, and then hauled out Obama's threat to sue them if they didn't let me mosey on in, ya know? They said I didn't look like a woman, especially with the beard. I pointed out that what ya look like aint got nuthin to do with it. All that matters is what I want and what I say. If I say I'm a woman, then I AM a woman. End of discussion.

Trump is killin all the fun here, I tellya. The more crowded them shower rooms are, the more better, know what I'm sayin?

STOP...STOP...YOURE GONNA MAKE ME PISS MY PANTS!
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Debra Law

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:33 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

NRA: Time to fight back against the Liberal assault on our Democracy!

http://twitter.com/nranews/status/834215984458117121

http://twitter.com/nranews/status/834788427522469889

#counterresistance

The above is representative of single issue, narrow-minded, right-wing hypocrisy.

The majority of the people in the United States are not going to sit quietly while a wanna-be dictator and his regime work to dismantle the progress that was earned by and for the people over the last 70 years. The majority will resist through all lawful means possible, including protests and appeals to our elected representatives, through legal action, and through voting the scoundrels out of office.

Regardless of your blind consumption of NRA propaganda, progressive Americans are not assaulting our democracy. They are participating in our democracy to the fullest extent possible. They are resisting tyranny. They are using their rights, protected by our Constitution, to make their voices and concerns heard.

The progressives are resisting tyranny emanating from both political parties. We rejected Hillary Clinton (and her ilk) as much as we reject Donald Trump (and his ilk). Our country and our values are not for sale.

Furthermore, progressives are not enemies of the second amendment. No one is trying to take your guns away from you. I doubt you want to live in a world constructed by Trump et al., and your support of the kind of tyranny the right-wing faction is trying to install is not in your own best interest. Don't allow yourself to be brainwashed by propaganda. Tyrants are now working ardently to take away freedom, education, medical care, and civil rights, etc., from all of us--you and your loved ones included. Open your eyes.

georgeob1

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 10:48 am
@Debra Law,
I generally agree. Ultimately Progressives are their own worst enemies. They want to be judged based on their (always) good intentions, but eventually the dismal results of their actual programs in action turn the tide against them.

I'm all for the continued activism Debra advocates: the cacophony it creates is already wearying to its audience and dulling the increasingly vitriolic and somewhat hysterical messaging it contains. Even better, it reinforces all the least palatable elements of the Democrat Party and distracts their remaining leadership from a rational examination of the underlying causes of their recent defeat, and constructive action to address it. OK with me....

Meanwhile the curent administration continues to rack up positice achievements in the real world we inhabit solidifying its standing for the future.
oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 11:05 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
This really bugs me, eh?
Quote:

I wonder what happened with this guy. After the initial story it just dropped out of the news:
http://content.ktvb.com/photo/2016/07/13/sean%20smith_1468428970669_4008468_ver1.0.jpg

Quote:
AMMON, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - A man who identifies as a transgender woman has been arrested after they took photos of other women inside of the changing room at Target in Ammon.

On Monday the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office responded to the Ammon Target store where an adult female says a person taking pictures of her while she was inside a changing room trying on clothes. The woman noticed the person reaching over the wall of the changing room with a cell phone to take pictures. The victim confronted the subject who ran from the store.

Detectives interviewed witnesses and security footage from Target which led them to 43-year-old Sean Patrick Smith, who also identifies as Shauna Patricia Smith, a transgender female. After interviewing Smith she was taken into custody by Detectives and booked into the Bonneville County Jail for one felony count of voyeurism.

Detectives are still investigating to determine if any more victims exist relating to this incident.

http://able2know.org/topic/317941-2#post-6224636
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 11:08 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Furthermore, progressives are not enemies of the second amendment.

Funny how they fight tooth and nail to try to violate it every chance they get.

Debra Law wrote:
No one is trying to take your guns away from you.

The Left's long history of trying to take guns away from people shows that this isn't true.

Debra Law wrote:
I doubt you want to live in a world constructed by Trump et al., and your support of the kind of tyranny the right-wing faction is trying to install is not in your own best interest.

It is in my best interest to not have the Second Amendment abolished. That means voting for Trump and the Republicans.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Feb, 2017 11:22 am
@oralloy,
You're totally wrong; "they're" just trying to keep guns away from the mentally ill and criminals. You have a problem with that? They just want to enforce gun registration - especially at gun shows.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control