monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Rebelofnj

Sun 17 Jan, 2021 08:42 pm
@oralloy,
You say you agree with the Democrats on "all sorts of policy issues" yet you are fully supportive of Trump (even planning to vote for him in the 2024 election) despite him being opposed by the Democratic Party as a whole and you calling for the Democrats to be outlawed.

Speaking of which, why do you still call yourself a Democrat if you have been wanting to have the Democrats to be outlawed? Is it preferable to you to disassociate with them if you don't like their leadership?
oralloy

Sun 17 Jan, 2021 08:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
You say you agree with the Democrats on "all sorts of policy issues" yet you are fully supportive of Trump (even planning to vote for him in the 2024 election) despite him being opposed by the Democratic Party as a whole

Yes. Progressives are out to violate everyone's civil liberties for no reason. Mr. Trump protects our civil liberties from the progressive menace.

Not to mention the fact that after the 2008 Michigan Primary, I automatically vote for every single Republican in every single race in every single general election.

Rebelofnj wrote:
and you calling for the Democrats to be outlawed.

Democrats are wrong to abuse their power.

Rebelofnj wrote:
Speaking of which, why do you still call yourself a Democrat if you have been wanting to have the Democrats to be outlawed?

Like I said in my previous post, there are many policy issues where I agree with them.

Rebelofnj wrote:
Is it preferable to you to disassociate with them if you don't like their leadership?

No.
Builder

Sun 17 Jan, 2021 09:08 pm
@oralloy,
I just saw Comey on the box explaining why attempting to prosecute the president isn't a good idea,
I reckon he figures he got a get-out-of-jail free card already, so why push it?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 17 Jan, 2021 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
If you have been voting for only Republicans in the past 12 years and have repeatedly voiced opposition to the Democrats, then why do you consider yourself being a Democrat?

It is very unusual that you claim to agree with the Democrats on several policies, then you claim to vote for Republicans who would have opposing views on those policies.

All and all, you are a confusing individual. I'm going to guess you will respond with some word-for-word phrase you said multiple times before.
BillW

Sun 17 Jan, 2021 09:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
He's a poor, backwards racist living in Michigan! They use to be Dem and he just didn't get the message in time!

My cousin living in Texas was one of them but he got the message about 1998.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Rebelofnj

Sun 17 Jan, 2021 10:03 pm
@oralloy,
It is confusing as you identify yourself as a Democrat, but you only vote Republican. It is very rare to see you publicly agree with any Democratic policy, and you have been defending President Trump's actions. There are also your comments about resisting against the upcoming Biden Administration, even though he is center left and not at all a progressive.

I don't like using the term, but it seems you are a Democrat In Name Only.

Other than gun rights, what civil liberties are negatively affected by Democratic policies?

It seems like you will need to change political parties in the future anyway, seeing as you have wanted the Democratic Party to be outlawed. If that were to happen, then you will have to change political affiliations.
hightor

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 03:15 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Every single person in the political threads is "soapboxing" including you.

I don't agree with that. You aren't, for instance. C0ntinually arguing from your own political perspective isn't "soapboxing". But submitting post after post, link after link, about thoroughly discredited ideas and actively spreading packaged disinformation from discredited sources is not allowed. Think of the "9/11 Truthers" — they can have their say, but bringing it up in every post and abusing people who don't believe you or your sources is unacceptable. The pandemic is a serious enough event that continually defending the use of ineffective cures, repeatedly advising people to ignore public health warnings, and incessantly denying the seriousness of the disease itself is deemed a violation of the rules and the staff is justified in treating the behavior with warnings followed by suspension.

Quote:
For example, if you start post after post about your favored conspiracy theory or engaging in religious proselytization, you might be over the line. This rule is fundamentally about the signal-to-noise ratio of your posts: if you're posting large volumes of content that doesn't provide value to the community, you might be suspended.

Leadfoot

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:51 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Well someone needs to crack down on these big tech thugs.

And I agree. But what's funny is that the 'liberals', who are the first to condemn these 'Capitalist Bastards', are cheering big tech for their efforts to silence those they disagree with.

The election WAS stolen, but not by election fraud. It was stolen by main stream media (representing 'liberals'). They did not think the majority had enough wisdom to decide this election, so they OVERTLY manipulated the necessary 2% to sway the election. I will never trust them again. Especially PBS who was the most egregious offender.

I do look forward to the entertainment that follows.

Stay frosty.
Leadfoot

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 06:05 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Rebelofnj wrote:
The Democrats are planning to introduce new regulations on tech companies in the coming months, so you got your wish.

Oralloy replied:
I hope they succeed.

Are you really? The 'regulation' they want to enact is to ensure that 'liberals' determine the allowed speech they are allowed to carry. And by extension, what you are allowed to say publicly. Their hypocrisy has never been more evident.

If I gave it high enough priority, I’d spend my modest fortune on a web server farm for a free speech platform. There would be rules, but none against expressing an honest opinion.
But I’ve grown a bit cynical, or hopeful, depending on how you look at it. This was never meant to be easy.
Leadfoot

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 06:11 am
@nimh,
Quote:
Impressive how the “anything bad that happens is Antifa”

It isn’t 'Antifa' anymore than it is 'Islamic State'. It’s the guys funding them. You think those clowns could pay their own rent AND wage war?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 06:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
As another example, I favor higher taxes on the wealthy. I'd like some of that extra revenue to go to our military, but I'm all for having a stronger social safety net too.
Me too, but not by 'redistribution'.

The plan I would offer recognizes the reality of 'economy of scale'. It’s OK to be the biggest, but your tax rate should reflect that. All consuming 'Amazon' monopolies are inevitable if you don’t factor in this reality.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 06:25 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Much like your dogpile crew here, you're as pathetically and fascistically unaware of your own failings in this department.

Actually, I was quite aware that someone might accuse me of doing the same thing and drew a distinction between posting opinions from a particular political perspective on a near daily basis and actual "soapboxing". Perhaps you could point out specific instances of soapboxing among the "dogpile crew" you mention (of which, of course, you are a member). None of us submit articles and links at the rate people like gungasnake did. Submitting pieces from journalists who are reacting to events in the news isn't soapboxing, as the stories change from day to day as news develops. That's different from submitting pieces, day after day, which simply repeat that "burning jet fuel can't melt steel beams." Even you, a member of the dogpile crew, can't really be accused of soapboxing. While the quality of your submitted links is execrable, their quantity falls way below the threshold of political spam.

I'm interested in how one can be "fascistically unaware", as I've never heard of that before. Can one be "communistically unaware"? "Nihilistically unaware"? "Monarchically unaware"? How does that actually work and what studies can you refer us to that describe this phenomenon of the mind?
hightor

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 06:52 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
But what's funny is that the 'liberals', who are the first to condemn these 'Capitalist Bastards', are cheering big tech for their efforts to silence those they disagree with.

Liberals, however, have decried the monopolistic control wielded by the "Big Five". And any cheering wasn't a reaction to people being "silenced", but simply to the platforms accepting some responsibility toward limiting the rampant spread of disinformation. The election wasn't "stolen". The pandemic wasn't "planned". Being booted off of twitter isn't being "silenced".

Quote:
They did not think the majority had enough wisdom to decide this election, so they OVERTLY manipulated the necessary 2% to sway the election.

Could you explain how this worked? Can you provide examples of "OVERT" manipulation targeted at 2% of the electorate?
0 Replies

snood

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 07:13 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Much like your dogpile crew here, you're as pathetically and fascistically unaware of your own failings in this department.

Actually, I was quite aware that someone might accuse me of doing the same thing and drew a distinction between posting opinions from a particular political perspective on a near daily basis and actual "soapboxing". Perhaps you could point out specific instances of soapboxing among the "dogpile crew" you mention (of which, of course, you are a member). None of us submit articles and links at the rate people like gungasnake did. Submitting pieces from journalists who are reacting to events in the news isn't soapboxing, as the stories change from day to day as news develops. That's different from submitting pieces, day after day, which simply repeat that "burning jet fuel can't melt steel beams." Even you, a member of the dogpile crew, can't really be accused of soapboxing. While the quality of your submitted links is execrable, their quantity falls way below the threshold of political spam.

I'm interested in how one can be "fascistically unaware", as I've never heard of that before. Can one be "communistically unaware"? "Nihilistically unaware"? "Monarchically unaware"? How does that actually work and what studies can you refer us to that describe this phenomenon of the mind?

Epic
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 07:30 am

https://iili.io/KyDFxs.jpg
izzythepush

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 07:56 am
@Leadfoot,
The last election was stolen. In true democracies the winner of the popular vote becomes president.

Trump lost the popular vote in both elections.

I’m not claiming our system is much better either.
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 09:35 am
@Region Philbis,
Laughing
0 Replies