monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:08 pm
You will want to look at these evidence photos of an arrested Alabama man's truck found after the attack on the Capitol
HERE
hightor

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:15 pm
an individual exhibiting an excessive amount of self-esteem wrote:
Glitterbag relies on childish name-calling to defend her treason because her treason cannot be defended using facts or logic.

This person uses the term "name-calling" in its propagandistic rhetorical sense — "a more subtle form of name-calling involves words or phrases that are selected because they possess a negative emotional charge." Then he proceeds to engage in the same practice himself by accusing Glitterbag of treason! Describing it as "childish" is an amplification of the negative symbolism and demonstrates that he can't prove his point using facts or logic.
blatham

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:15 pm
I gotta tell ya, the more videos I watch of MAGA types opening their mouths and letting words escape, the more I'm tempted to pledge that I will never again use obscenities in speech.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:33 pm
@blatham,
Loonie Coffman has every right to possess his arsenal for the purpose of self-defense, even if it doesn't say that in the Constitution.
hightor

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:40 pm
Breaking news — this could be big:

F.B.I. report is said to have warned of plans for violence at the Capitol.

Quote:
F.B.I. officials in Virginia wrote a stark warning the day before a mob attacked the Capitol last week, raising alarms about the threat of violence, according to a law enforcement official.

The report was produced Jan. 5 by the F.B.I.’s Norfolk office in southern Virginia and sent to the bureau’s Washington Field Office, where it was passed on to other law enforcement agencies, the official said. It was not clear which agencies received it.

The report mentioned people sharing a map of tunnels at the Capitol complex and possible meet-up points in Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and South Carolina before traveling to Washington, according to The Washington Post, which first reported on the F.B.I. document.

“Get violent. Stop calling this a march, or rally, or a protest,” the document said, according to The Post. “Go there ready for war. We get our President or we die. NOTHING else will achieve this goal.”

Officials cautioned the information in the Norfolk report was uncorroborated and the portion that quoted “war” appeared to come from a single online thread.

Nonetheless, the report is likely to put the F.B.I. on the defensive with members of Congress and the public demanding answers about why the bureau and other federal agencies were not more prepared for the protests and mob attack, where at least five people died during the violence and in its immediate aftermath.

(...)

0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:42 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Loonie Coffman has every right to possess his arsenal for the purpose of self-defense, even if it doesn't say that in the Constitution.

Actually the Constitution does in fact say that the right to keep and bear arms is protected.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:53 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
an individual exhibiting an excessive amount of self-esteem

Wrong. I have exactly the right amount of self esteem.

hightor wrote:
This person uses the term "name-calling" in its propagandistic rhetorical sense -- "a more subtle form of name-calling involves words or phrases that are selected because they possess a negative emotional charge."

Wrong again. I used it in its direct and literal sense.

hightor wrote:
Then he proceeds to engage in the same practice himself by accusing Glitterbag of treason!

I'm an eye for an eye sort of fellow.

hightor wrote:
Describing it as "childish" is an amplification of the negative symbolism

There is also the fact that her name-calling is indeed childish.

hightor wrote:
and demonstrates that he can't prove his point using facts or logic.

Wrong again. I am using facts to defend my point about America being the only free country left on the planet.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:56 pm
@hightor,
Of course. I was just wondering whether he ever considered purchasing one fewer boxes of ammo so he could buy a Dirt Devil vacuum for his truck.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 02:58 pm
Rather long in coming
Quote:
The Associated Press
@AP
· 1h
BREAKING: Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and other ex-officials have been told they’ll be charged in the Flint water scandal, two people with knowledge of the planned prosecution tell AP. Lead-contaminated water devastated the majority Black city. http://apne.ws/F9FBMBF
izzythepush

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 03:01 pm
@hightor,
I see that shot right over Mr Limited Vocabulary’s head.
hightor

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 03:03 pm
Quote:
Actually the Constitution does in fact say that the right to keep and bear arms is protected.

Storming the Capitol and trashing it is not characteristic of a "well-regulated militia".
blatham

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 03:40 pm
I watched Trump's brief presser this morning. And I have to say that this is the point where we can describe his demeanor as "presidential".
0 Replies

snood

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 03:48 pm
The new year finds me optimistic.

You guys know the moment in our near future I will remember and treasure?

It’s that moment when 45’s decline becomes too complete for even the resident delusional cheerleaders to deny. When it becomes painfully, finally obvious to them that not only is he never going to return to any semblance of power, but he is going to be busy spending whatever money he has left just staying out of jail.
They won’t ever admit to seeing how dismal things are for 45, but we’ll know it when they do. Because they will quietly abandon him- stop mentioning him- they’ll divert any attempts to discuss him.

They will strain to try to get us to forget, which we will never do, nor will we let them. They’ll be stuck with the biggest loser in the universe.

That’s the moment when 45’s kismet will be manifest.

Oh be still my heart.

Region Philbis

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 04:04 pm

McConnell is said to be pleased about impeachment,
believing it will be easier to purge Trump from the GOP

(nyt)
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I see that shot right over Mr Limited Vocabulary's head.

You low-IQ people shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own lack of intelligence.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 04:12 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
When it becomes painfully, finally obvious to them that not only is he never going to return to any semblance of power, but he is going to be busy spending whatever money he has left just staying out of jail.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put a stop to their abuse of power.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 04:14 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Storming the Capitol and trashing it is not characteristic of a "well-regulated militia".

That's OK. We weren't talking about militiamen.

Had we been talking about militiamen, they would have the right to have M-16s (and not just "semi-auto only" variants), 40mm grenade launchers, grenades (both 40mm and hand-thrown), and 84mm bazookas.

However, we were just talking about the right to have guns for self defense that the Constitution protects for everyone even if they are not in the militia.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 04:19 pm
@blatham,
@AP wrote:
BREAKING: Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and other ex-officials have been told they’ll be charged in the Flint water scandal, two people with knowledge of the planned prosecution tell AP. Lead-contaminated water devastated the majority Black city.

Like I keep saying, the sooner we outlaw the Democratic Party, the sooner they will stop abusing their power.
BillRM

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 05:12 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

@AP wrote:
BREAKING: Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and other ex-officials have been told they’ll be charged in the Flint water scandal, two people with knowledge of the planned prosecution tell AP. Lead-contaminated water devastated the majority Black city.

Like I keep saying, the sooner we outlaw the Democratic Party, the sooner they will stop abusing their power.

I guess you had not seem the news for the last few days but hint a Republican president had betrayed our nation with the result of five deaths and a looted congress buildings.
oralloy

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 05:16 pm
@BillRM,
Be serious. Standing up to progressive thuggery doesn't betray the nation.