193
   

monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

 
 
Wilso
 
  3  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:37 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Wilso wrote:
The US is not the biggest developed country in the world. It's simply the most developed of the big countries.

Whatever else we are, we're the only country in the world where the people remain free.


So... no free people in other countries?


That's why that dipshit can't be reasoned with. So many Americans don't even know there's a world outside their own borders.
oralloy
 
  -3  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:42 pm
@Wilso,
We know that there is a world outside our borders. We also know that it's a world without freedom.
blatham
 
  3  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:42 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
This one always warms my heart.

But not having found Jesus, your spirit is remains unwarmed.
0 Replies
 
blatham
 
  3  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, exactly what it shows -the deep inner peace through acknowledging a higher power and a higher good is what leaps out when looking at the central figure in this tableaux.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  4  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Whatever else we are, we're the only country in the world where the people remain free.
Roflolololol...

In your mind.

I've heard it said the US is the most overregulated country in the world, with the greatest systematic surveillance of its own people in the world, and one that allows its companies to invade their constituents privacy willy nilly (think Google). It is said the rich are above the law (or largely), while the poor (particularly the black) are targetted, and fearful for their own safety from their own Government. Some peaceful protests are squashed with overt force, while others, violent, are allowed to roam free with little impediment, largely depending on the colour of the protestors. Rule of law is suspended for places like Guantanamo Bay, and black sights, run by the US goverment under the flimsy pretext of 'other jurisdications'....

In the minds of a lot of other people, the US lags behind in democratic freedoms.

Of course I'm quite sure you have your opinions on each of these. It is to point out that your quoted opinion was just that - your opinion, and asinine at that.
snood
 
  4  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:46 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

We know that there is a world outside our borders. We also know that it's a world without freedom.


“We”, who? You got a mouse in your pocket? And have you ever lived in any other country, or even had a long visit there?
oralloy
 
  -2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:53 pm
@snood,
We refers to the American people. Progressives excluded of course. No one expects a progressive to have any sort of a clue about anything.

No. But I've had some short visits to Canada. The lack of freedom was unpleasant, but the people themselves were nice.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:54 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
In your mind.

Not at all. In reality.


vikorr wrote:
I've heard it said the US is the most overregulated country in the world, with the greatest systematic surveillance of its own people in the world, and one that allows its companies to invade their constituents privacy willy nilly (think Google). It is said the rich are above the law (or largely),

Progressives say all sorts of goofy nonsense.


vikorr wrote:
while the poor (particularly the black) are targetted, and fearful for their own safety from their own Government.

If they don't try to murder police officers, then they won't have to worry about police officers defending themselves against them.


vikorr wrote:
Some peaceful protests are squashed with overt force, while others, violent, are allowed to roam free with little impediment. Rule of law is suspended for places like Guantanamo Bay, and black sights, run by the US goverment under the flimsy pretext of 'other jurisdications'....

There is no suspension of rule of law.


vikorr wrote:
In the minds of a lot of other people, the US lags behind in democratic freedoms.

Those people are wrong.


vikorr wrote:
Of course I'm quite sure you have your opinions on each of these. It is to point out that they are your opinions, and asinine ones at that.

No actually it is a fact that free people have the right to have arms for their personal self defense.
snood
 
  3  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:55 pm
@oralloy,
What freedoms did you miss in Canada?
oralloy
 
  -3  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 08:56 pm
@snood,
The right to keep and bear arms of course.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 09:05 pm
@oralloy,
Yep, as I said, just your opinion.

By the way, spouting opinions as fact doesn't change that they are opinions. And no, I don't need to prove an opinion to be correct or otherwise - one of the benefits of stating an opinion...but if you want to say your opinion if fact, then the onus is on you, not anyone else, to show that it is fact.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 09:23 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Yep, as I said, just your opinion.

You are wrong. That free people have the right to have arms for personal self defense is a fact.


vikorr wrote:
By the way, spouting opinions as fact doesn't change that they are opinions. And no, I don't need to prove an opinion to be correct or otherwise - one of the benefits of stating an opinion...but if you want to say your opinion if fact, then the onus is on you, not anyone else, to show that it is fact.

I do not say that opinions are fact.
vikorr
 
  2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 09:36 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That free people have the right to have arms for personal self defense is a fact.
As if that is the only measure of freedom (it's not even an idea or measure that everyone agrees on). There are many ideas of what freedom entails, and many measures.

Quote:
I do not say that opinions are fact.
You implied your opinions are such. Opinions aren't wrong outside of fact. Nor are they right outside of fact. They are opinions.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 09:45 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
As if that is the only measure of freedom

It's one of the key pillars.


vikorr wrote:
it's not even an idea or measure that everyone agrees on

Progressives are well known for their hatred and dislike of freedom and civil liberites.


vikorr wrote:
There are many ideas of what freedom entails, and many measures.

The right to keep and bear arms is one of the key pillars of freedom.


vikorr wrote:
You implied your opinions are such.

No I didn't.


vikorr wrote:
Opinions aren't wrong outside of fact. Nor are they right outside of fact. They are opinions.

Correct.
vikorr
 
  2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 10:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It's one of the key pillars.
Again, not the only measure, as your stating of only that on several occasions, and no other measure, continues to imply.

And again, not an idea, nor a measure, that everyone agrees on.

Quote:
Progressives are well known for their hatred and dislike of freedom and civil liberites.
You use the word 'progressives' like it has meaning here. An idea can be judged by anyone as worthwhile or not, meaningful or not. Grouping people into groups like 'progressives', 'liberals', 'conservatives' etc have little to do with the actual value of any idea.

Wilso
 
  2  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 10:05 pm
So many of us from the actual free world consider the ability to go to a cinema or send our children to school free of the risk of some ******* lunatic with an AR15 gunning us down as the true definition of freedom. I don't live with the fear of getting shot, I get free health care, and hey, the weather is better where I live. So pbbbt. I win.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 10:06 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Again, not the only measure,

But one of the key pillars.


vikorr wrote:
as your stating of only that on several occasions, and no other measure, continues to imply.

No such implication is intended.


vikorr wrote:
And again, not an idea, nor a measure, that everyone agrees on.

Progressives hate our freedom. What's new?


vikorr wrote:
You use the word 'progressives' like it has meaning here.

It does.


vikorr wrote:
An idea can be judged by anyone as worthwhile or not, meaningful or not. Grouping people into groups like 'progressives', 'liberals', 'conservatives' etc have little to do with the actual value of any idea.

Freedom and civil liberties have value. Progressives are bad people.
0 Replies
 
NSFW (view)
oralloy
 
  0  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 10:08 pm
@Wilso,
My screen name is fine. Your childish name-calling is all that you are capable of.
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  1  
Mon 11 Jan, 2021 10:11 pm
@Wilso,
hes never been to ORNL , I gave him a few gimmes a few years ago. Thy went right over his head.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 05/08/2021 at 03:40:10