monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette3

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 10:42 am
@hightor,
Quite a few people have gone, I have wondered if they just left or if they have gotten sick or something.
MontereyJack

@oralloy,
dreamer
hightor

@izzythepush,
I found the post (it's from this past April):

Quote:
I think the real issue is that right-wingers, generally an ill-tuned chorus of perpetual crybabies and sore-asses anyway, have nothing better to do online than engage with people they don't respect and endlessly repeat the same stupid arguments with people they dislike or hate, day in day out, year after year.

I'm so ashamed.
revelette3

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 10:47 am
@hightor,
Eloquent for all that. Don't be so hard on yourself, I remember George didn't hold back his belittling of the left and democrats himself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:15 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
And he is a shallow thing. A greedy, self-centered white supremacist who does everything out of spite and self aggrandizement.

Falsely accusing the President of being a white supremacist (or any other sort of racist) is a poor substitute for facts and logic.

snood wrote:
They support him because - far more than out of any "economic anxiety" -they think he's the way to preserve America in its purest white paternal capitalistic form, and resist all those things that threaten it (everything that isn't centered on white make heterosexuals being on top).

Wrong.

It's true that progressives want white people to be raped and murdered, and not wanting to be raped or murdered is a pretty good reason for white people to vote for Republicans. However, it is pretty silly to characterize "not wanting to be raped and murdered" as a desire for supremacy. And more importantly, that is hardly the only reason why people vote for Mr. Trump.

snood wrote:
There is no reasonable or moral justification for supporting Donald Trump, no matter what ten dollar words or acrobatic sophistry anyone tries to attach it to.

Yes there is. Progressives want to violate everyone's civil liberties.

Mr. Trump prevents progressives from violating everyone's civil liberties.

That justifies voting for him.

snood wrote:
Biden likes to say we are at war for the soul of America. I don't think he coined the phrase, but I take that deadly seriously.
It's truth versus lies; light versus dark; and yes, good versus evil.

Note that you are the evil one in this equation.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:17 am
More pointless, repetitive, moronic drivel.
oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:19 am
@izzythepush,
Good that you submitted a brief summary of your post instead of subjecting us to all the drivel.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:20 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
crackedhead wrote:
I don't really believe 70+ million people actually voted for Trump. Maybe we should be looking into Trump's totals. It seems like more people voted for Trump than common American sense would allow.

If sense was really common in America, we wouldn't have elected his mangy ass in the first place.

People who support fascism or oppose civil liberties always invoke "common sense". It never fails.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:22 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I would hope that tens of millions of Trump supporters are wrestling mightily with conscience. Or I should say I would've hoped that - maybe four years ago.

I voted for Mr. Trump in 2016. I voted for Mr. Trump in 2020. I'm going to vote for Mr. Trump in 2024 if he runs.

My conscience does not trouble me.

snood wrote:
I think there's a finite number of rotten things a person of conscience is willing to overlook- to shrug off - to deny - in order to allow themselves permission to support someone for “policy” reasons. To support Trump, a person has to make the conscious decision that any ******* thing he does, goes. Anything.

Keep in mind that 99% of your accusations against Mr. Trump are not true to begin with.

That said, yes in fact. So long as Mr. Trump protects America's civil liberties and prevents progressives from violating them, I really don't care what else he does.

Preventing progressives from violating our civil liberties is important.
oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:23 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
One thing about georgeob, he could provide decent lip service to the concept of the "open marketplace of ideas" which you didn't see in some of the other Trumpsters. But he couldn't shake off much of the Koch-friendly cant which riddled his imagination. The inability to allow or admit one crack in Trump's facade must have been quite a burden to sustain. And as he kept trotting out defenses of Trump which were just rehashed talking points he began to grow stale, at least to me. He might begin by saying that Trump could be a little more "polished" but by the end of his post he'd be in full-scale Breitbart mode. And by that time it was too late; thumbed down and insulted, he grew even more resentful and unwilling to meet liberals half way on anything. I imagine that by now he'd have no difficulty rationalizing Trump's blatant attempt to interfere with the results in Georgia -- after four years of hewing the party line, I doubt he'd ever be willing to admit that it might have been a mistake.

Why should anyone ever meet progressives (they do not deserve to be called liberals) halfway on anything?
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:24 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Here's a great example of someone with nothing to add to a discussion but just champing at the bit to indulge in a little bit of meaningless armchair psychology. Notice that this character doesn't even attempt to refer to any of the other points raised in the discussion about georgeob begun on the previous page. Nor does the clown so much as mention anything about the phone call Trump made on Saturday and what it means. No, all this person does is show up and attempt to personally insult someone he doesn't even know. Priceless.

There is merit to sinking down to the level of progressives and fighting them on their own terms.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:49 am
@blatham,
@arusbridger wrote:
The judge's reasoning was hardly a ringing endorsement of either Wikileaks or the function of journalism. But the extradition outcome is the right one and I hope the US will now drop the pursuit of Assange (and @Snowden) and let them get on with their lives.

Your "I think what that guy thinks" game is as pathetic as always. But I'd like to take a moment to address what that other guy thinks.

I think the US government should kill Snowden. Not bring him to trial. Make him "accidentally" fall down a malfunctioning elevator shaft.

I think Assange should be extradited to Sweden to face multiple rape charges. I don't however see how he has committed any crime against the US.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:50 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
My conscience does not trouble me
When you die, you hould donate your conscience to medical cience to be implanted into a patient, becaue your conscience has been totally unused
oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:51 am
@farmerman,
Sure it has. It drives me to oppose the evils of progressivism all the time.
oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
if Assange should be extradited anywhere it should be to Sweden to face the rape allegations.

I agree.

izzythepush wrote:
He is not an American citizen and is not subject to American laws.

People who are not US citizens can still be subject to US laws if they interact with the US.

However, I do not believe that Assange has violated any US laws.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:53 am
@oralloy,
ahhh another assertion from your "southern" mouth
oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:54 am
@farmerman,
Michigan is a northern state.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:55 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I think it is absolutely true that when someone feels under attack they will back into a corner and fight back as hard as they can. It has to be hard as a true conservative to look at what Trump has done and how the Republican party has fallen in line and not be concerned, but given the level of vitriol I think most would cling to their positions are go silent rather than face the ridicule of admitting their doubts.

I'm a conservative although not a Republican. I have no concerns with the way the Republican Party supports Mr. Trump.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:57 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I've felt such discomfort so understand it and empathize. But what I think they get wrong or what their sensitivities exaggerate is that most of us won't respond with vitriol. Quite the opposite. Still, I understand the fear of giving an inch and thus setting themselves up for calls to go much further.

Actually you have a history of quite vile name-calling.

No one fears your name-calling, and it's certainly not the reason why conservatives support Mr. Trump, but you really have no place pretending that you are a decent person.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 11:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
He is an Australian citizen, it should be down to Australia whether or not he should be extradited. We should keep out of it.

Australia should be the one to decide whether the UK can extradite Australians??

I guess if you guys want to do that, that's your prerogative. But the US is never going to let other countries make our decisions for us.
0 Replies