monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Trump will not be permitted to steal anything more . He will be taken into custody and removed from his perch

No, he won't. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:16 pm
@coldjoint,
quite the contrary, it will how the country the act of positive leadership, not toadieship.

You were one of the Covid deniers on a2k, and an anti masker. Im listening to Gov Christie who stated that he kept cosid at bay for 4 months by masking and distancing. Then he went mask free to the White House and was among a number that got infected.
"I was really stupid for buying the political line"
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:17 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Tell the WP that.

Here's a good case study in MAGAthink. Someone, in her haste to castigate the Washington Post, attempts to link the WP graph to the ridiculous lie perpetrated by the Gateway Pundit when it posted the spurious claims by the "Constitutional Patriot" we referred to earlier. But the WP story didn't lie. It only reported that 62.2% of the eligible voting population cast ballots. It was Bill Binney, the "Constitutional Patriot", who lied about the total number of votes cast.

Bill Binney is a disgraced former colleague.
Rebelofnj

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Some of them don't have to worry for re-election for a few more years. McConnell and Collins won their elections and will be around for 6 more years.

In Romney's case, the Mormon senator will likely be re-elected by Utah voters again (the majority of them being Mormons).
coldjoint

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Some of them don't have to worry for re-election for a few more years. McConnell and Collins won their elections and will be around for 6 more years.

In Romney's case, the Mormon senator will likely be re-elected by Utah voters again (the majority of them being Mormons).

Not if he loses to another Mormon in the primary. Either way, he is screwed.
coldjoint

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:22 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

hightor wrote:

Quote:
Tell the WP that.

Here's a good case study in MAGAthink. Someone, in her haste to castigate the Washington Post, attempts to link the WP graph to the ridiculous lie perpetrated by the Gateway Pundit when it posted the spurious claims by the "Constitutional Patriot" we referred to earlier. But the WP story didn't lie. It only reported that 62.2% of the eligible voting population cast ballots. It was Bill Binney, the "Constitutional Patriot", who lied about the total number of votes cast.

Bill Binney is a disgraced former colleague.

Source that. Tell us what he did. Never mind.
Quote:
William Edward Binney is a former highly placed intelligence official with the United States National Security Agency turned whistleblower who resigned on October 31, 2001, after more than 30 years with the agency

Sounds like a hero to me. I remember whistle blowers were honored as heroes during the impeachment.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:32 pm
@coldjoint,
Romney's re-election is not until 2024. Plus, he has never been a full on supporter of Trump (he voted for impeachment with the Democrats), so it is not like he was expecting any support from Trump supporters.
coldjoint

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 06:46 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Romney's re-election is not until 2024. Plus, he has never been a full on supporter of Trump (he voted for impeachment with the Democrats), so it is not like he was expecting any support from Trump supporters.

Romney is irrelevant now. He will be in 2024 too.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:06 pm
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:30 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:

coldjoint wrote:
There we go. If it gets thrown into Congress Trump will win. Republican states out number Democratic ones. Politicians in those states will have no choice.

What an idiot you are. It doesn't work like that. Go back to school.

It sure does.

The problem with dealing with idiots is - well, they're idiots.

"Objecting to the Counting of One or More Electoral Votes

Section 15 establishes a procedure for making and acting on objections to the counting of one or more of the electoral votes from a state or the District of Columbia. When the certificate or equivalent paper from each state or the District of Columbia is read, “the President of the Senate shall call for objections, if any.” Any such objection must be presented in writing and must be signed by at least one Senator and one Representative. The objection “shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof.” During the joint session of January 6, 2001, the presiding officer intervened on several occasions to halt attempts to make speeches under the guise of offering an objection.

When an objection, properly made in writing and endorsed by at least one Senator and one Representative, is received, each house is to meet and consider it separately. The statute states, “No votes or papers from any other State shall be acted upon until the objections previously made to the votes or papers from any State shall have been finally disposed of.” However, in 1873, before enactment of the law now in force, the joint session agreed, without objection and for reasons of convenience, to entertain objections with regard to two or more states before the houses met separately on any of them.

Disposing of Objections

The joint session does not act on any objections that are made. Instead, the joint session is suspended, the Senate withdraws from the House chamber, and each house meets separately to debate the objection and vote whether, based on the objection, to count the vote or votes in question. Both houses must vote separately to agree to the objection by simple majority. Otherwise, the objection fails and the vote or votes are counted. (3 U.S.C. §15 provides that “the two Houses concurrently may reject the vote or votes.”)

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32717.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1p-PMSNkwR3F9-zoSvlbYl3Ml3FcwfLQsLeTbSIB1MkMXMDJDB8POalS4

The House will not agree to an objection as the controlling party is Democratic and does not object to Biden as President-Elect. Ergo, the one state, one count vote you are so wrongly portraying as "saving" the election is moot.

0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
wackadoodle extreme radical right wing nonsense.

Progressives really hate facts and reality, but no. Facts and reality are not wackadoodle nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
who're gonna be pursued and convicted for the rest of their licves by SDNY.

A self pardon will put an end to that.

The long term solution is to outlaw the Democratic Party altogether.

MontereyJack wrote:
Biden will serve one stellar term, maybe two if he's feelin' good in four years. Mamala will take over when he hangs it up and be the mom we need, kind, empathetic, wise. After she's served her eight, Stacy Abrams will take over

There is no chance of that.

It is most likely that Mr. Biden will serve a single term and then Mr. Trump will get his second term.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
trump was removed, it's just taken a little longer.

Mr. Biden will be removed exactly the same way. And then Mr. Trump will be back for his second term.
oralloy

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yeah, well, we know you went to see Kiss thirty years ago, which puts you at least in your mid 50s, prime target for covid to fell,

I'm not going to confirm or deny my age, but as far as Covid goes remember that I've spent the past year hiding out in a bunker.

And when I do have to venture out for a blitzkrieg grocery run, I wear genuine N95 masks that I snagged before the hospitals bought them all up (although since I got vented versions perhaps I was not directly competing with hospitals).

I'm also thinking about lying and saying I'm an EMT or fireman or something so I can get an early vaccination along with the essential workers. I'm not sure how closely they will check that sort of thing, but if they are careless I could slip in for an early vaccination.

MontereyJack wrote:
and you have terrible taste in music.

My concertgoing history is cooler than your concertgoing history:

https://able2know.org/topic/246458-3#post-5684953
BillRM

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:45 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:
trump was removed, it's just taken a little longer.

Mr. Biden will be removed exactly the same way. And then Mr. Trump will be back for his second term.

LOL he is going to run for office from prison?
BillW

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:48 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, I'm pretty sure now he will get the death penalty......
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 07:54 pm
@oralloy,
If you're in a bunker and presumably away from the general population, then why do you need to lie to get the vaccine? The health care workers have to deal with the virus on a daily basis in a concentrated environment. Meanwhile, you hide in a bunker to be away from the virus. Why not just wait?

Also, your concert going history seems to place your age between late 40s to mid 50s. I mean, I saw Meat Loaf live in concert, but I wouldn't say when I saw him.
Builder

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 08:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
If you're in a bunker and presumably away from the general population, then why do you need to lie to get the vaccine?

The first to be forced to get the experimental mRNA jab (it's not a vaccine), are those incarcerated in full-time care facilities, so why are they at risk at all?

They're in lock-down. Isolated from the public, with in-house care facilities.

Labeled "the most vulnerable", only because of their age. Not their situation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 08:29 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
If you're in a bunker and presumably away from the general population, then why do you need to lie to get the vaccine?

So I can be protected sooner. It'll suck if I somehow contract this despite my precautions and then die from it.

I am not contemplating taking the spot of a front-line health worker or nursing home resident. They will be the first wave of vaccinations.

I am contemplating slipping in among the essential workers, who will be the second wave of vaccinations.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 08:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
LOL he is going to run for office from prison?

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of power.
0 Replies