monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 08:32 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The lying of the past four years...

Give him a break, Trump lies uncontrollably.

Quote:
...the documents that prove Flynn was framed...

He wasn't "framed". He lied to federal investigators about his Russian contacts, he lied to Pence (which even Trump himself has acknowledged), and he lied to the Justice Department about his work as an agent for the government of Turkey — which he concealed and continued when he was Trump's national security advisor.

Quote:
...the revelation the Russian crap was a hoax thought up by Killary and ignored by Obama...

That's a seriously flawed interpretation of events; it has been repeatedly exposed as contrived and misleading.

Quote:
The censorship and now the blacklisting they support like on "the View" and various hacks on CNN and MSNBC will never be forgotten.

It's neither "censorship" nor "blacklisting". Privately owned platforms can exercise control over the content they host online; it's their social responsibility.

Quote:
...will never be forgotten.

<yawn>

Spare us the phony drama. I doubt this period will be remembered as anything other than "Trump's Pandemic".

Quote:
Shut up and obey is not what Americans do.

You're right, I haven't seen that. But in general, shouting and unruliness aren't that constructive either.

Quote:
But I do not expect to know what Americans do.

Be patient.
Wilso

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 09:00 pm
Quote:
Washington — As pressure continues to mount for sitting U.S. President Donald Trump to concede last week’s election to President-Elect Joe Biden, his personal lawyer revealed that one of his contingency plans could greatly affect America’s neighbours to the north.

Among Trump’s options, beyond flimsy legal challenges and squatter’s rights, include holding voter suppression rallies, starting a new presidential campaign for 2024, rushing to his bunker to go out Hitler-style and, finally, moving to Canada to run for prime minister.

While the law states that one must be a Canadian citizen to run for prime minister, Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told The Manatee on a Zoom call that this was “not likely to be an issue.”

“The liberal elites also claimed that there was no way he would become president,” said Giuliani, lying on his hotel bed and tucking his shirt into his pants. “But, somehow he managed it. Anything could happen. Anything!”

The prospect of Prime Minister Trump is especially troublesome for those American expatriates who moved to Canada in 2016 to avoid the Trump presidency.

“Now where am I going to go?” asked Jerry Malone, a hipster who moved to Moncton four years ago. “Denmark? Is that a country?”

Although The Manatee had not expected a statement on behalf of the president for this article, the office received the following voice message from the White House’s unlisted number at 3:47 Tuesday morning.

“Listen, there are a million things I’d like to do with your country,” a raspy voice with a thick New York accent said.

“First of all, Bryan Adams. Ask anybody, and they’ll tell you that he is the Canadian Bruce Springsteen. But he hasn’t got half the money. He doesn’t have the fame, the recognition, and frankly, the talent of ‘The Boss.’ ‘The Boss!’ They call Springsteen ‘The Boss,’ and the truth is—he isn’t the boss of anything. Bryan Adams should be ‘The Boss,’ if anybody. And it really is a terrible deal. A terrible deal…and it’s a shame, let me tell you. I can tell you we’re looking into it very closely, and—”

Suddenly, over the line there was a harsh thumping noise, accompanied by the sound of splintering wood.

“Oh ****, they’re breaking into the Oval Office. Send help! SEND THE MOUNTIES!! SEND—“

With this, the phone went dead.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 09:08 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Give him a break, Trump lies uncontrollably.

Who is him? Your answer is since Trump lies it is alright for others to lie. That establishes that ethics mean nothing to you or him
or them.

Quote:
He wasn't "framed". He lied to federal investigators about his Russian contacts

The agents that interviewed him said he did not lie and they determined he was clean and should not be investigated. They overruled the agents and framed him. You do not know or are lying or both. Obama himself wanted the "right people" on the case.
Quote:
Spare us the phony drama.

Like Trump is destroying democracy when Democrats want to pack the Supreme Court. You have no room to talk about drama. And the drama in saying it is dangerous for Black people to go outside, c'mon ma
n. Laughing
Quote:

You're right, I haven't seen that. But in general, shouting and unruliness aren't that constructive either.

What you do not see is cities burning and cops getting shot. Democrats said nothing until the polls said they had better.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:06 pm
@coldjoint,
When all you read, watch, or listen to is extreme right wing mind-**** crap you lose contact with actual reality
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:13 pm
@coldjoint,
the 75 million people who voted for him beat you by 5 million. Biden is perfectly coherent and his announced plans are manna to the country's ears, no senility there, and he actually runs places instead of doing the Donald waddle.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Biden is perfectly coherent

Is there a pig flying over your head? Biden will be an illegitimate severely addled president, maybe.
neptuneblue

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Say it...

President Joe Biden.

SAY IT!!!
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Say it...

President Joe Biden.

That's a factually inaccurate thing to say.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Say it...

President Joe Biden.

SAY IT!!!

A fraud is all I will ever call him. And I got a lot of company.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:03 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
It's funny as hell, though.

SAY IT!!

FreedomEyeLove

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:07 pm
@neptuneblue,
You people are so dumb.

You voted for a child molester in the pocket of the Chinese government who will get us into endless foreign wars, destroy what's left of the middle class, and remove our freedom of speech.

All out of spite for a man who you were too stupid to realize was working to make your life better.

There should definitely be an IQ test required to be allowed to vote.

I have no doubt you would fail it.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:13 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

You people are so dumb.

You voted for a child molester in the pocket of the Chinese government who will get us into endless foreign wars, destroy what's left of the middle class, and remove our freedom of speech.

All out of spite for a man who you were too stupid to realize was working to make your life better.

Biden is a huge national security risk. China could blackmail him. The Ukraine could blackmail him. Who knows who else. He sold influence where ever he went.

47 years in Washington and corrupt as they come.
neptuneblue

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:14 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
You know when the conversation starts off with, "You people..." it tends to fall flat. Point by point you've made accusations that may or may not be true. Trump's policies did not make my life better and I chose a different path.

As for your voter suppression idea, it's not a requirement of the Constitution to have an IQ test in order to vote. 2016 proved that.

And I don't claim to be the smartest person here.

glitterbag

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:15 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

You people are so dumb.

It's too bad you are you.
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Biden is a huge national security risk. China could blackmail him. The Ukraine could blackmail him. Who knows who else. He sold influence where ever he went.

Yes sir. Those are factually accurate statements.

When I realized that the dems were actually getting away with using the media to (potentially) steal this election by cheating, I had the same feeling in my stomach as when I saw the second plane hit the WTC on 9/11.

If they get away with this, it will be a worse national tragedy than 9/11.

Quote:
47 years in Washington and corrupt as they come.

But not as corrupt as Harris. Biden is just the Trojan horse. The real devil will be Harris.
Sturgis

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:23 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
...factually inaccurate...

Okay, at this time you are correct as Joe Biden is currently President-elect. However, in January he will indeed become President Joseph R. Biden.
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:24 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
And I don't claim to be the smartest person here.

You realize that when dumb, uninformed people vote, they put in motion events that hurt people who actually have their best interests in mind.

Who am I kidding, you're not smart enough to grasp something as nuanced as that.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:24 pm
@Sturgis,
SAY IT!!
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Say it...

He's always going to be Creepy Joe the kiddie fiddler to me.
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 11:27 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Joe Biden is currently President-elect.

That is a factually inaccurate statement sturgis.

The election has not been certified.

No one is president-elect until the electors vote to make it official.

Many thousands of credible claims of fraud exist.

Trump is right to fight this tooth and nail.