coldjoint

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:22 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
A hell of a lot of counting.

We have seventy days, at the least.

What's your hurry?

As I said before it took Al Gore 37 days for just one state in 2000.
Builder

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:28 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:

There's going to be a lot of resistance, and not just from the mass hysteria media.
vikorr

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:37 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Nope. It's definitely you ignoring the reality of the situation.
And yet, like the last time you put words in my mouth - you will not be able to quote me doing this.

What you will find is me saying that one wrong does not make another wrong right....that 'he did it so I wanna do it' is a poor justification for poor behaviour. What you fail to understand is I have no need to address past behaviour to hold this view - the rationale is the same no matter how many times any person, any party, or any group engages in bad behaviour. That does not amount to ignoring any behaviour - it is saying any example of bad behaviour isn't justified or acceptable.

This would be obvious if your interpretation of what I wrote wasn't driven by your own agendas. And seriously, your agenda driven misrepresentations are just sad.
Builder

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:47 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
What you will find is me saying that one wrong does not make another wrong right....that 'he did it so I wanna do it'

Only that's not what you said, or implied. You were responding to comments that if it was okay to attack Trump for four years, then it's wrong for Biden to cop the same treatment. Which, in political terms, is how it pans out. Every Time.

Quote:
What you fail to understand is I have no need to address past behaviour to hold this view

Oh, I understand you're pretending to be impartial, while acting partisan. It's nice to have dreams, but don't be dwelling there.

Quote:
the rationale is the same no matter how many times any person, any party, or any group engages in bad behaviour.

Agreed. Biden had eight years as VP to make a difference, but chose to enrich his family, instead of helping his voter base. Talk is cheap. Even with a stutter.

Quote:
Seriously, your agenda driven misrepresentations are very sad.

You'd have to identify an agenda I may, or may not have, before making a judgement. Unless you're just part of the usual dogpile, that seems to pass as debate in this cess pit.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:48 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

There's going to be a lot of resistance, and not just from the mass hysteria media.

Trump is still the president.
Builder

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:51 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Trump is still the president.

That's what a lot of these happy clappers here need to understand, and while he is still the president, there's still hope for justice, in what is clearly an unjust situation.
vikorr

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:53 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You were responding to comments that if it was okay to attack Trump for four years, then it's wrong for Biden to cop the same treatment.
Yep - which is precisely why I said one wrong does make another wrong right...which is precisely why I said the number of wrongs, or the details of the wrongs don't change that principle. The past 'justification' is actually irrelevant to not accepting bad behaviour at any time.

I wouldn't have a clue about the wrongs done to Trump. I know there were investigations and allegations, but the details? Wouldn't know, and it doesn't change the principle.

Again...your interpretation just been driven by your own agendas.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 12:53 am
Quote:
Joe Biden makes his first gaffe as president-elect by saying '230 million thousand' Americans have died during the COVID pandemic

So fraud = Senile president elect.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8925785/Joe-Biden-makes-gaffe-speech-saying-230-million-thousand-people-lost-loved-one.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:55 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
That's what a lot of these happy clappers here need to understand,
I'm quite sure, most Americans - at least those, who went to school - will know the Twentieth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. And foreigners with some education as well.

Trump won’t be able to push through last-minute legislation because the Democrats control the House and there wouldn’t be enough time before the inauguration.
But the transition of power will be a lot rockier than those before I think.
Builder

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 03:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I'm quite sure, most Americans - at least those, who went to school - will know the Twentieth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

You are pulling my chain here, aren't you Walter?

Most don't even know who their local governor is.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 04:40 am
!! Can't you feel a brand new day!!

Builder

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 05:05 am
@blatham,

Feel the burn.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 05:37 am
@blatham,
I'm still wondering how the Democrats will ever be able to recover from the disastrous debacle of the Iowa caucuses.

Salon wrote:
'Calls for Tom Perez to step down as the head of the Democratic National Committee grew louder Tuesday in the aftermath of the Iowa caucus fiasco in which party mismanagement of the process delayed the results from Monday night's contest and left the 2020 Democratic presidential primary in disarray.

"The Iowa caucus debacle is so insulting to the candidates, their volunteers, the caucus-goers, and the DNC's own process," tweeted HuffPost senior reporter Zach Carter. "Tom Perez has to resign."

georgeob1 wrote:
The unfolding rise of the new left among their current Presidential candidates has left Democrat leaders nervous about their electability. A result was the resurrection of former VP Biden as an ":electable moderate" torchbearer. Now, following public reacquaintance with Biden's shallow, gaffe-prone character, and the emergence of his corruption ( an unexpected side-effect of an Ill-conceived and ineffectual Impeachment) his candidacy is tanking.

All this, and the recent debacle in the Iowa primary, make the Party's efforts to control or influence electoral outcomes look fairly bad.

oralloy wrote:
I was wrong. [He predicted that Biden would win the nomination] No one gets the nomination without coming in first or second place in New Hampshire.

The Hill wrote:
'Congratulations, Democratic Party.

In a display of complete, abject incompetence, and likely enormous anti-Bernie Sanders bias, the historical mismanagement of the Iowa caucuses has gifted President Donald Trump fodder for the very narrative that catapulted him to a shocking 2016 victory: that the "swampy" system is corrupt, soaked in shady money, and should not be trusted.

To make matters worse? That narrative is rooted in reality.'
snood

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 05:43 am
Tom Perez isn't even an effective spokesperson. Much less any kind of administrator or leader. I've NEVER understood who the hell thought he was a good idea for heading the DNC.

If we could have Stacey Abrams... man, that would be awesome.
oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:01 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
wrong on both counts.

Nope. The only person here who is wrong is you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:02 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/123704952_10152505342294999_5322221502657066733_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=xPS6vpOlC60AX_EIXtu&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=e4790e9dfbbc5b9f137259731ed16412&oe=5FCD298A
https://cdn.creators.com/209/288838/288838_image.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:03 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I'm still wondering how the Democrats will ever be able to recover from the disastrous debacle of the Iowa caucuses.

It looks to me like New Hampshire was the debacle. Their pattern of predicting the next president has clearly been shattered.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:05 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
I begin to wonder what trump is going to do to the country for the rest of the administration. You know, to get even with all of us.

A good first step will be to appoint a range of independent prosecutors to hound the Biden Administration with endless criminal investigations.
oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Looks like you were totally wrong on your prediction of 20 years of trump and gop dominance before a Democrat was elected, and that dems would have to become republican clones to do it. Only off by 16 years. Better put some windex on your crystal ball.

I didn't account for the Democrats' willingness to lynch people who stand in their way when I made my prediction.

However look what happened when the Democrats gained the White House by lynching Mr. Nixon. In the aftermath of the lynching, Mr. Carter was a weak and ineffective one-term president. And he was followed by a very strong Republican.

The same thing is likely to happen this time too. Progressive lynchings can delay political fate, but they can't prevent it.
hightor

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:40 am
Years from now, many of us will be confronted with questions like this: "Grandpa, tell me about Donald Trump again — was he really once the president?" Just bring out this lovingly-produced portrait of the man, the president, the legend...