monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
A reasonably full awareness of the situation can be slow in arriving. Others got there before me. And I expect that even as cynical as I've become, the truth of the matter is likely worse than I comprehend. And yes, we do need two rational political parties neither obsessed with power and domination.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:25 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
do you mean that GOP intends to build an authoritarian America that will eventually put out American Dreams?
I mean that the GOP has become an authoritarian entity which has as its primary goal and function the institutionalization of American governance and jurisprudence such that power rests solely with them - not with any other party nor with citizens. How this might effect the "American Dream" seems rather obvious.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:45 am
White House chief of staff Mark Meadows' remarks on CNN’s State of the Union
Quote:
We’re not going to control the pandemic. [...] We are going to control the fact that we get a vaccine, therapeutics and other mitigation.
farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:54 am
@blatham,
no it was a fullon econ evaluation of the GOP, and it started a line with "now that the gOP is a minority party"...

I think he gets it.
farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I actually hope the GOP can reinvent itself. We need a strong loyal opposition

based on reasonable interpretations of the Constitution. When a president seems to take an oath on himself, we have taken the shorter path to banana republicanism and /or afascist kakistocracy
daveooooo

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 10:17 am
@farmerman,
you just ate the country becuse your a commie!
BillW

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 10:20 am
@daveooooo,
What did it taste like? I bet fascist repuklian country tastes worst!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:20 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
I actually hope the GOP can reinvent itself. We need a strong loyal opposition

based on reasonable interpretations of the Constitution. When a president seems to take an oath on himself, we have taken the shorter path to banana republicanism and /or afascist kakistocracy

One more time, what fascist thing has Trump done, and which one of his policies are fascist?

The violent fascists and the censoring fascists are all on the Left. You use that word like "racist". Both do not apply to Trump.
coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:
We’re not going to control the pandemic. [...] We are going to control the fact that we get a vaccine, therapeutics and other mitigation.

Tell us Walter how do control anything that is airborne and invisible to the naked eye?
coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:39 am
Quote:
Another Russian Conspiracy?

Several Democrats – most notably Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), who is more obsessed with Russians than Joseph McCarthy was – have claimed that the entire affair is nothing more than a dastardly Russian plot. Presumably, the goal was to smear the Bidens and help President Trump win a second term.

If that is the case, however, the FBI would surely have determined the facts by now. It would have been a sophisticated plot indeed. Russian agents presumably would have managed to steal Hunter Biden’s laptop, plant on it fake emails, and then arranged for it to be dropped off at a computer repair store in Delaware. Additionally, they would have had to bribe former U.S. Navy officer Tony Bobulinski to go public and corroborate that the emails at the center of the story are real – and lie to Congress and the FBI.

Bobulinsky is not the only witness to these alleged Biden family business deals, though. The owner of the store at which Hunter Biden’s laptop was deposited set the wheels in motion. Bevan Cooney – another former business associate of the Bidens – has also come forward to corroborate the story. Given the fact that the current president of the United States was impeached over a phone call, how is it even possible that the media considers this an affair so unimportant that they will not even report it?

That shoots down any argument that this is a conspiracy created by Russians. Biden is not above the law. Suppression of this story indicates the media and Democrats think he is.
https://www.libertynation.com/chuck-schumer-seems-pretty-nervous-about-hunter-bidens-laptop
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:44 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:

Tell us Walter how do control anything that is airborne and invisible to the naked eye?

I meant "to" instead of "do". But go ahead and answer.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:47 am
Quote:
Biden Brags About Having ‘Most Extensive Voter Fraud Organization’ in History

https://lidblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/4jrvcd-e1603634394508.jpg
I'd say it was both.
https://lidblog.com/joe-biden-voter-fraud/
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
read some history moron. Maybe you and Ollie can get a study group and learn what you guys have apparently missed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:55 am
@daveooooo,
why not just try learning history dont keep langoring in dullness, your not a sloth are you?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 11:57 am
@coldjoint,
[quote="coldjoint"Tell us Walter how do control anything that is airborne and invisible to the naked eye?[/quote]Epidemics/pandemics of the past are rarely discussed, while in the not so distant past, they were simply a terrible fact of life.

But at least, the Department of Health and Human Services knows about it, since they carried out a pandemic exercise named "Crimson Contagion".
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 12:08 pm
Quote:
Diary of Joe Biden’s daughter: ‘showers with my dad’ ‘probably not appropriate’

Trump has been accused of incest. But Trump has not been accused by his children. Not that it is incest from the Biden's but it is disgusting no matter how you look at it.
Quote:
The author then wrote that she remembers “showers with my dad” that were “probably not appropriate.”

On page 83, in an entry dated July 22, 2019, the author wrote that she received a phone call from her father, Joe Biden, according to our source, who cried on the phone while expressing his worry for her in the days leading up to July 30-31 Democratic Primary Debate.

“My dad cried on the phone saying he has the debate in a week and ‘Now has to worry about [the author],’” she wrote. “And he cried. Maybe he knows what he is doing, and it’s worked, but my feelings of guilt often are overwhelming.”

READ THE REST AND THE PAGES THEMSELVES AT NATIONAL FILE

If this is true, it’s better to make it public so the CCP has less to bribe Joe with should he become president.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/diary-of-joe-bidens-daughter-showers-with-my-dad-probably-not-appropriate/
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 12:45 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think he gets it.
I'm sure he does. But that seems to be a different argument than mine or that made in the editorial.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 12:52 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
do you mean that GOP intends to build an authoritarian America that will eventually put out American Dreams?
I mean that the GOP has become an authoritarian entity which has as its primary goal and function the institutionalization of American governance and jurisprudence such that power rests solely with them - not with any other party nor with citizens. How this might effect the "American Dream" seems rather obvious.

Talk about projection. That is exactly what Democratic governors have demonstrated. The Left are the authoritarians. And the packing of the court proves it is them who want a one party country.
blatham

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:04 pm
McConnell, just after the Senate votes to limit debate on Amy Coney Barrett:
Quote:
"A lot of what we’ve done over the last four years will be undone sooner or later by the next election. They won’t be able to do much about this for a long time to come."

Exactly. And thus, anyone who argues that the Dems ought not to act immediately after January to rebalance the courts in America will fall prey to delusion or cowardice.
hightor

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And the packing of the court proves it is them who want a one party country.

Um...wake up, Trump's still president and the "court packing" is taking place right now. And if you recall:
Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell boasted about blocking former president Barack Obama's judicial appointments, a two-year effort that allowed Donald Trump and a Republican-controlled congress to stack courts with conservative judges and create a conservative majority on the nation's high court.

Fox host Sean Hannity told the Kentucky senator that he was shocked that the Obama administration "left so many vacancies and didn't try to fill those positions".

"I'll tell you why," Mr McConnell said, laughing. "I was in charge of what we did the last two years of the Obama administration."

Mr Hannity said: "I will give you full credit for that, and by the way, take a bow."

When he took office, the president inherited more than 100 vacancies, many of them lifetime appointments. More than a quarter of all active judges sitting on appeals courts were nominated by Mr Trump.

independent
Tell us about those Bakersfield doctors again! And trot out that crap about the pandemic being "over" because of the miracle drug, hydroxychloroquine!