monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 06:09 pm
Straight from the horse's mouth; Quid Pro Joe straight shooting again.

coldjoint

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 06:13 pm
Twitter time.
Quote:
Brit Hume
@brithume
·
10h
Too much of Covid 19 news coverage is focused on “cases,” but provides too little information on how sick those infected are. Too little also about hospitalizations and deaths. Also too little about the ages of those testing positive. https://twitter.com/vosdscott/stat

I have wondered and asked those questions for months. Think someone will answer him?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 06:16 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Straight from the horse's mouth; Quid Pro Joe straight shooting again.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upze9JqohGo [/youtube]

He might mean Acorn. But whatever name it has it is there.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 06:21 pm
Quote:
OUTRAGEOUS: A Large Danish Study on Mask Wearing Is Being Delayed by Publishers of Major Medical Journals – Therefore Preventing the Results from Being Made Public

Another link showing how we are being lied to.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/outrageous-large-danish-study-mask-wearing-delayed-published-major-medical-journals-therefore-preventing-results-made-public/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 12:21 am
Quote:
Chelsea Handler scolded 50 Cent for supporting Trump: 'I had to remind him that he was a black person'

Lucky she is around to straighten Black men out. It is insulting and racist.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/50-cent-chelsea-handler-trump-taxes?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies

Wilso

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:08 am
You can see the fear in how rabid these right wing fuckwits are becoming. With every word they utter and write, they become ever more pathetic.
oristarA

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:14 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Mr.Trump is responsible for the rampant spread of the coronavirus in America that has so far taken away more than 220,000 American lives by showing his contempt for the scientists.

Mr. Trump delegated responsibility to the governors and governors to State and local officials. Cuomo killed 11,000 seniors with his policies. Whitmer made life miserable in Michigan. Illinois lost countless small businesses that will never reopen.

A pandemic is dealt with locally not nationally. The people getting sick did not get sick because Trump is president. It is just plain stupid to even say so.

A president should have a clear vision, nationally and internationally. Mr. Trump doesn't have a national strategy to protect American people from COVID-19 pandemic. His Jan.31 "China ban" was more a whim-based rather than fact-based plan, which explains why he keeps lying about the pandemic and rejecting evidence and science. Worse, he embrases the false promise of herd immunity: "The false promise of herd immunity for COVID-19 - Why proposals to largely let the virus run its course — embraced by Donald Trump’s administration and others — could bring “untold death and suffering”."

Mr.Trump unwisely withdrew America from WHO during the health crisis, leaving both the US and the world more vulnerable to the virus.

That is why America needs Joe Biden who has a correct understanding of the situations.

Wilso

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:20 am
I suspect voting in America is easier than Trump and his chimpanzees would like everyone to believe

0 Replies

Builder

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:23 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
You can see the fear in how rabid these right wing fuckwits are becoming.

Examples would be great, thanks Wilso.

Quote:
With every word they utter and write, they become ever more pathetic.

So, I'm assuming you have a collection to share? Videos and links?

oristarA

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:48 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
In September, journalist Bob Woodward told NBC News the China restrictions were not Trump’s idea at all, but instead a recommendation by top health officials, including Fauci and Azar.

Source: Trump Touts His Coronavirus 'China Ban' To Bash Biden And Fauci. Here’s Why That’s A Problem.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/10/22/trump-touts-his-coronavirus-china-ban-to-bash-biden-and-fauci-heres-why-thats-a-problem/#41cec9cd25b2
0 Replies

snood

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 06:31 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
You can see the fear in how rabid these right wing fuckwits are becoming.

Examples would be great, thanks Wilso.

Quote:
With every word they utter and write, they become ever more pathetic.

So, I'm assuming you have a collection to share? Videos and links?

Classic sea-lioning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

Like any honest person actually needs proof that the GOP is desperate right now...

eurocelticyankee

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 06:55 am
Trump is going to get his ass, his fat ass handed to him on a plate.

The silent majority have had enough of him and his fanatical fan base.

Americans believe in the UNITED states of America, not the DIVIDED states of America he preaches.

Let us hope that America also rejects the likes of the weasel Moscow Midge who has do more to break American democracy than even Trump.

Once and for all kick out the likes of flip flop Graham, Cruz and Jordan.

How could anybody with a modicum of decency vote for these people?.
blatham

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:04 am
From the NYT Editorial Board this morning...
Quote:
Quote:
R.I.P., G.O.P.
The Party of Lincoln had a good run. Then came Mr. Trump.

Of all the things President Trump has destroyed, the Republican Party is among the most dismaying.

“Destroyed” is perhaps too simplistic, though. It would be more precise to say that Mr. Trump accelerated his party’s demise, exposing the rot that has been eating at its core for decades and leaving it a hollowed-out shell devoid of ideas, values or integrity, committed solely to preserving its own power even at the expense of democratic norms, institutions and ideals...

For nearly twenty years, some of us here and other contributors I know at other commentary sites along with many smart political writers have been making this observation. And only now does the NYT Editorial Board arrive at the conclusion (or manage the gumption to say so). There are surely some good reasons for this glacial pace of institutional news media but those reasons have proven to be a real impediment to the proper and necessary role of such media. And imagining that the consequent threats to democracy are over with a Biden win is to make the same mistake again.
snood

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:16 am
@blatham,
Very well said
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:18 am
@blatham,
NYT has often left its op edders like Michael Kremmer and Paul Krugman to comment on the GOP. I think a few weeks ago Krugman put a line into one of his that said ..."Now that the GOP is a minority party ..."
farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:21 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Ive been watching the number of competing Biden signs going on lawns in RISING SUN Md (Which, as you may know is where the Md Klan hails from and I hear that Nathan Bedford Forrest used to go fishing).
The very popular

"VOTE BIDEN
FIGHT TRUTH DECAY"
eurocelticyankee

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:23 am
@farmerman,
"VOTE BIDEN
FIGHT TRUTH DECAY"

I love it.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:54 am
@farmerman,
I did not read that Krugman piece but if the point was simply to clarify that Republicans have for a long while represented a minority of the population, that misses the point which is that the GOP has becomes almost totally dishonest, corrupt and at its deepest philosophical level opposed to citizen democracy.
Frank Apisa

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:03 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I did not read that Krugman piece but if the point was simply to clarify that Republicans have for a long while represented a minority of the population, that misses the point which is that the GOP has becomes almost totally dishonest, corrupt and at its deepest philosophical level opposed to citizen democracy.

Anyone who needs the New York Times to point that out, B...would not (be able to) see it.

I actually hope the GOP can reinvent itself. We need a strong loyal opposition...or just go into a different dumpster.
oristarA

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:07 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

the GOP has becomes almost totally dishonest, corrupt and at its deepest philosophical level opposed to citizen democracy.

In that case, do you mean that GOP intends to build an authoritarian America that will eventually put out American Dreams?