monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 07:35 am
Hope!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 07:39 am
@snood,
I think it depends on how old they are. I think there’s some hope for the under 30s, but not for anyone older.
blatham

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 09:20 am
Quote:
Getting away with it — Trump's debate lies greeted with media shrugs
His war on American norms

Eric Boehlert
Oct 23
PRESS RUN

Trump's first sentence in the debate last night was a lie, when he claimed more than two million Americans were "expected" to die form the Covid-19 virus, therefore America's current death toll of 220,000 isn't so bad. From that point on, Trump lied without pause during the 90 minute debate. He lied about the Russia investigation, climate change, Hunter Biden, the pandemic, and on and on. He also spouted ugly conspiracy theories.

Yet when the sitting President of the United States could not answer a single debate question truthfully, that wasn't the big news from the forum last night. For CNN's Jake Tapper, the major take-away was that Trump didn't "set himself on fire," like he did during the first debate, when he hectored and interrupted Joe Biden and moderator Chris Wallace nonstop. Indeed, Trump's decision to tone down his manic behavior seemed to be the media's focus point on the debate. His nonstop lying, much less so.

"He spoke with an inside voice," reported the New York Times. "He interrupted little." The paper for four years has steadfastly resisted calling Trump a liar in its news coverage.

As historian and media critic Eric Alterman noted following the debate, "One of Trump's (and the Republican Party's) greatest victories in their efforts to undermine our democracy is how little attention is being paid to the fact that virtually everything he said last night was a lie."

It's another example of how Trump has waged war on our political norms — and often won.

Lying defines Trump's presidency. He uses the avalanche of untruths not just for partisan political gain, but to chip away at our democracy — to undermine the country's faith in shared facts. And he does it at a truly stunning rate. Last night was a painful reminder that presidential debates cannot be staged when one of the two participants is a madman. He never deserved to be on the national stage in front of tens of millions of viewers and given a chance to lie nonstop.
coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 09:22 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

What evidence do you have that tells you that the people who overlook pussy grabbing, Charlottesville, Russian bounties, mocking the disabled, 20,000 lies, botched Covid response, etc, etc, etc...
can be “re-educated”?

What makes you think you have the right to re-educate anyone?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 09:29 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Daily Kos: Eric Boehlert

So much for his credibility. Next.
https://www.dailykos.com/blog/Eric%20Boehlert
0 Replies

snood

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 09:45 am
@izzythepush,
The way I see it, most knew who Trump was long before he ran for president, and anyone who didn’t know found out during the last four years.
After all that and they still defend and support him, I don’t think there’s any reasoning with them. I think the only rational response to Trump and his supporters is to defeat them. Vote them out. Eliminate him from public service and deprive the supporters of relevancy.
coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 10:10 am
@snood,
Quote:
After all that and they still defend and support him

The same should apply to Biden supporters who want to replace a Trump with a crook. There is credible evidence and now a whistle blower publicly calling Biden corrupt along with his whole family.

If anyone could be controlled by a foreign power it would be Biden seeing that he has been on China's payroll for years. How can that be ignored?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 10:39 am
Quote:
Blockbuster Report Reveals How Biden Family Was Compromised By China

Quote:
In a series of tweets around noon on Thursday, Balding said that he had really "not wanted to do this but roughly 2 months ago I was handed a report about Biden activities in China the press has simply refused to cover. I want to strongly emphasize I did not write the report but I know who did."

Some more background on the origins of the report from Balding's website:

For two months I have worked on behalf of my colleague to ensure that this report helped others report on the documented evidence of Biden activities with regards to China. I want to emphasize a couple of things about my own involvement.

First, I did not write the report and I am not responsible for the report. I have gone over the report with a fine tooth comb and can find nothing factually wrong with the report. Everything is cited and documented. Arguably the only weakness is that we do not have internal emails between Chinese players or the Chinese and Bidens that would make explicit what the links clearly imply.
Second, I will not be disclosing the individual who did write this report. They have very valid reasons to fear for both their personal safety and professional risks. Throughout the years that I have known this individual we never discussed politics. I have never heard them criticize any political party other than the CCP. They are not a Republican.
Third, it was my very real wish that the press would have reported on the documented evidence in this report and left me and the author entirely out of this situation. I did not vote for Trump in 2016 and will not vote for him in 2020. This information however is entirely valid public interest information that the press has simply refused to cover due to their own partisan wishes. I have serious policy differences with President Trump. I am pro-immigration. I would like to see more free trade efforts to shift trade away from China and into partner countries from Mexico to Vietnam and India. I believe that institution building in Asia is vital and America needs to take that lead. However, I cannot in good conscience allow documented evidence of the variety presented here go unreported by partisans who are simply choosing to hide information.
Finally, I will not be answering any questions about the report. I had no wish to be involved in Presidential politics. I do not want to be on the news. I will not be answer any questions about who wrote the report. We need to return the focus to the known documented facts.

A long article full of facts about the Biden family corruption. How can people back such a corrupt individual when he is owned by China? Russia has 0 to do with this.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/blockbuster-report-reveals-how-biden-family-was-compromised-china
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 01:16 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I think the only rational response to Trump and his supporters is to defeat them. Vote them out. Eliminate him from public service and deprive the supporters of relevancy.

You could accept the fact that we're right and you're wrong. That would be a rational fact-based response.

Come accept reality and vote for Mr. Trump.
MontereyJack

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 01:30 pm
@oralloy,
Snood is rational and right. Vote them and their lies out. By all accounts the country is taking the course he is advocating.
oralloy

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 01:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Progressives are wrong to try to violate people's civil liberties for no reason.

Mr. Trump is right to protect people's civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:14 pm
@oralloy,
Decent Americans are voting for Mr. BIDEN because he will protect us from the thousands of people who use their guns to fatally violate Americans'civil rights for no reason.
'
oralloy

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Mr. Biden has no plans to try to save lives. Outlawing pistol grips will not save a single life.

If he is elected, Mr. Biden's focus will be on trying to violate people's civil liberties for no reason.

The NRA will stop him from doing this of course.

But we don't need to worry about any of this unless he is actually elected. If enough people vote for Mr. Trump, then Mr. Biden's desire to violate people's civil liberties for no reason will be pretty irrelevant.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:22 pm

https://i.imgur.com/R7cVOJ7.jpg

Quote:
As the first coronavirus vaccines arrive in the coming year, government researchers will face a monumental challenge:
monitoring the health of hundreds of millions of Americans to ensure the vaccines don’t cause harm.

Purely by chance, thousands of vaccinated people will have heart attacks, strokes and other illnesses shortly after the
injections. Sorting out whether the vaccines had anything to do with their ailments will be a thorny problem, requiring
a vast, coordinated effort by state and federal agencies, hospitals, drug makers and insurers to discern patterns in a
flood of data. Findings will need to be clearly communicated to a distrustful public swamped with disinformation.

For now, Operation Warp Speed, created by the Trump administration to spearhead development of coronavirus vaccines
and treatments, is focused on getting vaccines through clinical trials in record time and manufacturing them quickly.

The next job will be to monitor the safety of vaccines once they’re in widespread use. But last year the administration
quietly disbanded the office with the expertise for exactly this job.
Its elimination has left that long-term safety
effort for coronavirus vaccines fragmented among federal agencies, with no central leadership, experts say.

“We’re behind the eight ball,” said Daniel Salmon, who served as the director of vaccine safety in that office from 2007
to 2012, overseeing coordination during the H1N1 flu pandemic in 2009. ”We don’t even know who’s in charge...”
(nyt)
coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:31 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/R7cVOJ7.jpg

Quote:
As the first coronavirus vaccines arrive in the coming year, government researchers will face a monumental challenge:
monitoring the health of hundreds of millions of Americans to ensure the vaccines don’t cause harm.

Purely by chance, thousands of vaccinated people will have heart attacks, strokes and other illnesses shortly after the
injections. Sorting out whether the vaccines had anything to do with their ailments will be a thorny problem, requiring
a vast, coordinated effort by state and federal agencies, hospitals, drug makers and insurers to discern patterns in a
flood of data. Findings will need to be clearly communicated to a distrustful public swamped with disinformation.

For now, Operation Warp Speed, created by the Trump administration to spearhead development of coronavirus vaccines
and treatments, is focused on getting vaccines through clinical trials in record time and manufacturing them quickly.

The next job will be to monitor the safety of vaccines once they’re in widespread use. But last year the administration
quietly disbanded the office with the expertise for exactly this job.
Its elimination has left that long-term safety
effort for coronavirus vaccines fragmented among federal agencies, with no central leadership, experts say.

“We’re behind the eight ball,” said Daniel Salmon, who served as the director of vaccine safety in that office from 2007
to 2012, overseeing coordination during the H1N1 flu pandemic in 2009. ”We don’t even know who’s in charge...”
(nyt)

We knew that last year. What else can the NYT reprint?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:32 pm
@snood,
And send him and as many of his compatriots as possible to jail. I don't believe the fact he was president should keep him from paying for all the illegalties he and his partners in crimes have committed.
oralloy

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of the law to harm people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 02:57 pm
Quote:
Nolte: Here Are 11 of Joe Biden’s Biggest Debate Lies

Quote:
1. No One Lost Their Insurance Under ObamaCare
2. America was Cozy with Hitler
3. I Never Opposed Fracking
4. I Didn’t Oppose Trump’s China Travel Ban
5. Illegal Aliens Show Up For Asylum Hearings After Being Caught and Released
6. Raising the Minimum Wage Does Not Hurt Anyone
7. No One Brought Up Biden’s Troubling Ukraine Conflicts of Interest During Impeachment
8. Trump Never Told Putin to Stop Meddling in American Elections
9. Hunter’s Emails are Part of a “Russian Plan”
10. Trump Refused to Take ‘Responsibility’ for the Coronavirus
11. Trump Has Alienated ‘All’ Our Allies

The article backs up those statements and shows they are lies.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/23/nolte-here-are-11-of-joe-bidens-biggest-debate-lies/
oralloy

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 03:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
1. No One Lost Their Insurance Under ObamaCare

That one is definitely a lie.

My insurance plan was vastly superior to anything offered on the Obamacare exchanges, and Mr. Obama forced me off my plan and made me buy from the Obamacare exchanges.

Then after lying about forcing people off their plans, Mr. Obama lied again and tried to claim that he only forced people off from substandard plans.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 03:06 pm
Quote:
They’re Guilty Of Everything They Blamed Trump For

They’re guilty of everything they’ve accused Trump of.

They said he cheated in the 2016 election. He didn’t, but they abused the powers of government, lied to courts, manufactured evidence and lied to the American people in an attempt to make it look like he did.

They said he colluded with a foreign government to meddle in our politics. He didn’t, but they wittingly or not partnered with Putin and Russia as the infamous “Steele Dossier” on which they based their entire case and stole 3.5 years of our country’s focus was itself a work product of Russian disinformation.

They said he made COVID-19 worse than it needed to be. He didn’t, but they’ve spent the last 6 months trying to maximize our country’s pain, prolonging and promoting it every opportunity they get.

They said he’s made race relations worse in America. He hasn’t, but the media and their Democrat allies work hard every day to promote our country’s racial discord, and in doing so exacerbate it. What’s more, you could be forgiven for thinking they do it on purpose because the Democratic party has always derived its power from racial disunity and, contrary to what their media allies portray, still do today.

They said he and his family used the office to enrich themselves. They haven’t, but there’s clear evidence that Joe Biden’s children were literally selling access to their father and, as if that’s not bad enough, giving him a portion of the proceeds!

The swamp — Democrats, NeverTrump Republicans, corrupt holdovers throughout the intelligence community, and the legacy news media that serves as a PR team for all of it — they’re all guilty of everything they accused Trump of.

And most people already know that.

I have said this from the beginning and the projection in the posts here and in Democratic statements and tweets prove it even more. Morally bankrupt and now backing an obviously thoroughly corrupt Joe Biden shows what these people are all about. None of it concerns the welfare of our citizens and the protection of their rights.

https://lovebreedsaccountability.com/2020/10/22/theyre-guilty-of-everything-they-blamed-trump-for/
0 Replies